Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

New Service Coming? 全新服務升級發表會

New Service Coming? 全新服務升級發表會

Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by fin 645
On a recent TPAC from TPE, the Grande Dame ran out before the first meal was over. J was not full, and it did not seem to me that many people were drinking it, so is EVA catering a top end brand of champagne, but not much of it, which completely defeats the point? For me, the issue was compounded by my being the last seat in one FAs service zone, while the row behind was into seconds long before I had been asked the first time. Which also begs the question has EVA reduced FA numbers?? It was a disappointing last sector of 4 on EVA.
No, RL still has the same 6 FA's. BR only loads 3 bottles per sector.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
One bottle of Champagne serves 6, 4oz glasses. So 3 bottles only contains 18 servings. The 777 has 38 J class seats, then if full and everybody wants champagne there are going to be 10 unhappy J travelers. Even at 3oz the shortage is 8 servings.

I had the same experience flying Air France in 2011. Very unhappy traveler, have not flown Air France since. This experience has jaded my view of AF.

Last edited by Chang11; Mar 13, 2019 at 11:10 am
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
3 Bottles seems very low I'm sure they must carry more than that, I fly the LHR - BKK route and I would say I have 4-6 glasses on the way out as its a night flight but on the way back I am awake the whole way and pretty sure I always have in the region of 8-12 glasses easy, had to wait an hour for a bottle to chill once but have never had it run out on me.

Flying again next month so really hoping there is no change to my previous experience onboard with the Champagne
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
3 bottles is standard but the often have 5 bottles on 67/68 and 87/88.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by shoven
3 Bottles seems very low I'm sure they must carry more than that, I fly the LHR - BKK route and I would say I have 4-6 glasses on the way out as its a night flight but on the way back I am awake the whole way and pretty sure I always have in the region of 8-12 glasses easy, had to wait an hour for a bottle to chill once but have never had it run out on me.

Flying again next month so really hoping there is no change to my previous experience onboard with the Champagne
To be fair, the champ glasses onboard are probably closer to 2oz pours.

IMO this is just going to be a variance thing depending on how many people in RL are drinking up. There are flights where clearly I'm the only one drinking and I have a bottle to myself. But even 6 bottles will go very quickly if the flight is full and everyone is partaking.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:00 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
... had to wait an hour for a bottle to chill once but have never had it run out on me.
Goodness. Don't they know how to put the bottle in a bucket of ice water and add salt for quick cooling?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by 1984SW
Goodness. Don't they know how to put the bottle in a bucket of ice water and add salt for quick cooling?
They probably just wanted to slow me down
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
They probably just wanted to slow me down
That and they generally use chillers over buckets of salt water. On the A321, they do use a bucket of ice/salt to chill the wines but that bucket must be emptied/stowed during takeoff/landing.

Last edited by hayzel7773; Mar 14, 2019 at 8:03 pm
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: VA Gold, IML Gold (*G), Accor Gold
New dessert on TPE-BNE

I took TPE-BNE last night in Premium Laurel and was able to enjoy the new dessert from Yellow Lemon patisserie in Taipei. I didn’t really need to eat dinner at midnight but was keen to try this out. It was an excellent dessert with an interesting balance of flavours. If you’re taking one of the flights with this dessert please note that if you order the Star Special menu (on this flight the Din Tai Fung dish) it is a reduced meal service so doesn’t feature this dessert.

Dessert description

Picture of Sexy Lady dessert

Last edited by cdp88; Mar 22, 2019 at 10:02 pm Reason: Spelling error
Old Mar 29, 2019, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by fin 645
On a recent TPAC from TPE, the Grande Dame ran out before the first meal was over. J was not full, and it did not seem to me that many people were drinking it, so is EVA catering a top end brand of champagne, but not much of it, which completely defeats the point? For me, the issue was compounded by my being the last seat in one FAs service zone, while the row behind was into seconds long before I had been asked the first time. Which also begs the question has EVA reduced FA numbers?? It was a disappointing last sector of 4 on EVA.
Never had champagne run out (Krug nor VC) on multiple EVA flights. And I usually still have a glass before landing for breakfast with OJ (judge me). Must have been unlucky that they ran out for some reason.

On Delta on the other hand, they run out before even opening the first bottle....
unleashed likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.