Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Eva Air Announces Significant Expansion and Changes for 2019

Eva Air Announces Significant Expansion and Changes for 2019

Reply

Old Nov 26, 18, 3:06 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SFO
Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Posts: 1,394
Eva Air Announces Significant Expansion and Changes for 2019

Thanks to the new aircraft coming in, BR will be expanding service to Japan and other Asian destinations as the 787s "partly replace" the A333s and free up additional aircraft. Additional services will be announced in the coming months.

Service Upgauge:
  • TPE-SDJ 4x/week increase to daily
  • TPE-OKA Increase to 2x daily year round(currently is seasonal 2x)
  • TPE-KIX A333 becomes 789
  • TPE-NRT A333 becomes 789
  • TPE-HAN A321 becomes daily A332(A332s will depart at the end of '19)
New Services:
  • TPE-NGO Daily service on 789 starting 09Jun2019
  • Service schedule adjusted to:
    • TPE-NGO 0755-1145
    • NGO-TPE 1250-1510
  • TPE-AOJ Will commence in 3Q19(Most likely A321)
  • TPE-MYJ Will commence in 3Q19(Most likely A321)
Additionally, BR independently confirmed plans to AusBT for 789 aircraft to fly on the BNE route, though an exact date is not set.

EVA Air to significantly expand capacity to Japan | Economics | FOCUS TAIWAN - CNA ENGLISH NEWS

http://www.evaair.com/zh-tw/about-eva-air/news/news-releases/2018/2018-11-26-evaair-jpn-flight.html?filter=

Last edited by hayzel7773; Nov 26, 18 at 7:31 pm
hayzel7773 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 18, 5:59 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 123
The new service to Japan is great, but I'm going to miss the 2x4x2 A330s...
east_west is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 18, 12:22 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SFO
Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Posts: 1,394
CI announces increase of NGO to 2x daily, the same day BR reenters NGO. May the fare war begin!
hayzel7773 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 18, 12:40 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 399
Originally Posted by hayzel7773 View Post
CI announces increase of NGO to 2x daily, the same day BR reenters NGO. May the fare war begin!
would be nice, i think we had to pay $350 last time for TPE--NGO.
BuBu4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 18, 9:49 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,394
Didn't they only order 4 789s? How can they do BNE, VIE. AMS, NGO, KIX and NRT?
username is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 18, 11:19 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SFO
Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Posts: 1,394
Originally Posted by username View Post
Didn't they only order 4 789s? How can they do BNE, VIE. AMS, NGO, KIX and NRT?
The Japanese routes run during the day after they arrive back from the international destinations.
Brendan likes this.
hayzel7773 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 18, 4:10 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC
Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Posts: 1,019
It's really a shame the 789s don't have PE. Seems like the perfect aircraft to reintroduce the daytime TPE-JFK flight and other thin North America routes.
764toHI is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 18, 9:02 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Programs: AAdvantage
Posts: 32
Originally Posted by username View Post
Didn't they only order 4 789s? How can they do BNE, VIE. AMS, NGO, KIX and NRT?
They could not do all these with the four 789s. Looking at the week of Aug 12, currently 2 daily NRT, 1 daily NGO and 2 daily KIX (178,130) are scheduled with the 789, yet these operations required all 4 789s to complete. Let alone the VIE/AMS already scheduled. We should see some flights adjusted to 78X soon!
flyingeverywhere1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 18, 9:35 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SFO
Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Posts: 1,394
Originally Posted by 764toHI View Post
It's really a shame the 789s don't have PE. Seems like the perfect aircraft to reintroduce the daytime TPE-JFK flight and other thin North America routes.
North American route and freq. expansion has been suspended til 4Q2019 and BR has already expressed they have no desire to return to the daytime TPE-JFK flight because of high yield pressure and higher landing fees.
hayzel7773 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 18, 9:15 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bay Area
Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Posts: 441
Originally Posted by hayzel7773 View Post
North American route and freq. expansion has been suspended til 4Q2019 and BR has already expressed they have no desire to return to the daytime TPE-JFK flight because of high yield pressure and higher landing fees.
i really really pray for SJC
krispykrme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 18, 12:11 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,394
Originally Posted by krispykrme View Post
i really really pray for SJC
My guess is that SJC and IAD are probably on top of the list. Would you still want it if they use the 787-9, with no PE, for SJC, not that they have enough of these?

It seems to me if the day time JFK flight will not resume, they should really do a day time arrival into the east coast for connection and IAD would be perfect.
east_west likes this.
username is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 18, 1:26 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CAN, LAX, TPE
Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Posts: 2,319
Originally Posted by 764toHI View Post
It's really a shame the 789s don't have PE. Seems like the perfect aircraft to reintroduce the daytime TPE-JFK flight and other thin North America routes.
789 may be too small to operate this route. I don't see BR wanting to go 2 daily at JFK if they cite high landing fees as a problem.

Premium Economy is really not marketable in short haul, and the feasibility of it being in long haul is not very good unless they are like ANA or JAL where they can just rotate the same aircraft on the same routes. Each time the plane is in short haul it's basically an Economy seat for tiered members. I would expect BR wanting more available seats for sale (especially that 789 has less seats than 333).
coolfish1103 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 18, 4:42 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,394
Originally Posted by krispykrme View Post
i really really pray for SJC
I posted on the CI ONT thread that if BR is not willing to make EWR/JFK split service work, would they do LAX/ONT or SFO/SJC?
username is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 18, 4:44 pm
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SFO
Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Posts: 1,394
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
789 may be too small to operate this route. I don't see BR wanting to go 2 daily at JFK if they cite high landing fees as a problem.

Premium Economy is really not marketable in short haul, and the feasibility of it being in long haul is not very good unless they are like ANA or JAL where they can just rotate the same aircraft on the same routes. Each time the plane is in short haul it's basically an Economy seat for tiered members. I would expect BR wanting more available seats for sale (especially that 789 has less seats than 333).
BR has only done well on PE in SIN, SGN, BKK, PEK, and PVG. This is why these markets maintain PE service. The 789 is not fit for any of these markets as the J count is too low. BR really jammed as many seats into these 789s as possible to move it as close to the A333 as possible, evidenced by the placement of the closets, their galley sizes, and lavatory placements.
hayzel7773 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 18, 7:23 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bay Area
Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Posts: 441
Originally Posted by username View Post
I posted on the CI ONT thread that if BR is not willing to make EWR/JFK split service work, would they do LAX/ONT or SFO/SJC?
Who knows?

But to be fair, majority of asian population is probably closer to JFK than EWR.

SJC is about half/half.

I don't care about PE. Company flies in J. BR7/8 isn't doing well- why not down gauge to 789 and send it to SJC. I would glad take that flight since SJC is like 20 minutes away from my home and office
krispykrme is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: