Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Charging & playing Nintendo Switch on EVA: How's the experience?

Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Planning to bring a Switch on board while flying. To those who've played the Switch on EVA, I'd like to know:
  • How is it like playing the Switch inflight?
  • How are the USB ports for charging the Switch, especially on a Boeing 777? Do they have enough power to charge the Switch?
  • Otherwise, are 20000mAh power banks allowed for carry on?
  • What else do you prepare for when bringing the Switch on board?
Thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:16 pm

ive never bought a Switch on the plane but ive charged my Ipad before once. I used the universal plug... i guess too many ppl use it so its pretty loose and u may need to check it once in awhile to make sure it didnt come off(and not charging).
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
The Switch will slowly discharge (but better than not plugging it in at all). You can bring up to a 26800mAh power bank.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by BuBu4
ive never bought a Switch on the plane but ive charged my Ipad before once. I used the universal plug... i guess too many ppl use it so its pretty loose and u may need to check it once in awhile to make sure it didnt come off(and not charging).
Tip for them and all airlines 120/220V AC outlets. Bring a little 6" male to female AC extension cord (3 prong) and plug that in the airline outlet and your device into end of the little cord. The little cord sticks well into the airline outlet with 3 prongs, and your device will stick into the little extension cord much better, also without the mass of the adapter wanting it to fall out all the time.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Tip for them and all airlines 120/220V AC outlets. Bring a little 6" male to female AC extension cord (3 prong) and plug that in the airline outlet and your device into end of the little cord. The little cord sticks well into the airline outlet with 3 prongs, and your device will stick into the little extension cord much better, also without the mass of the adapter wanting it to fall out all the time.
What do the AC outlets onboard the EVA 777 look like, btw? Do they look like the ones in Singapore/Malaysia or like in Taiwan?

Also, I've heard the outlets are a bit loose due to overuse by passengers? Any guarantees your suggested cord is secure?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Let us know how online gaming turns out on the flight. I'm curious if something like Fortnight or Rainbow 6 Siege would work!
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BlackHappy
Let us know how online gaming turns out on the flight. I'm curious if something like Fortnight or Rainbow 6 Siege would work!
Not good, apparently.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.