EVA airlines

Old Nov 4, 18, 4:30 am
Original Poster

EVA airlines

what's the difference with EVA's Eco saver, eco flex?? when you pay extra, what did you get?
Old Nov 4, 18, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The biggest difference is in the rules and fees associated with upgrades and in mileage earnings.

The differences are listed when you go to book on the website and selected Fare Comparison.
Old Nov 4, 18, 1:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, AS MVP Gold, UA Silver, B6 Mosaic, Hertz PC
Old Nov 4, 18, 4:42 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by AaaChiuuu View Post
OP asked for Eco Saver/Flex, not PE Savers/Flex.
Old Nov 4, 18, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP, Marriott Titanium
One thing I like about BR is that their refund/reissue fees are considerably more favorable than on other airlines. Even on the cheapest 'saver' fares, refund or reissue is $50 or $100.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 18, 12:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
One thing to note is "Upgrade with miles" means with mileagelands miles, not air alliance miles.
Old Nov 11, 18, 4:11 am
Original Poster

The thing confused me is that if you buy the ticket with ECO saver or ECO flex, does that mean that you can spend $50 to upgrade to higher seat selection when you check in?? I don't have any mileage to upgrade but wish to get some leg room for long distance flight with less money to pay for premium or business class. Anyone has any suggestion or experience with their ticket upgrade system???
Old Nov 12, 18, 1:19 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by rong98 View Post
The thing confused me is that if you buy the ticket with ECO saver or ECO flex, does that mean that you can spend $50 to upgrade to higher seat selection when you check in?? I don't have any mileage to upgrade but wish to get some leg room for long distance flight with less money to pay for premium or business class. Anyone has any suggestion or experience with their ticket upgrade system???
Do you mean the emergency exit row? Any Eco ticket can purchase those seats. Other than that, the rest of the cabin is fair game. They donít have preferred sections etc.
Old Nov 12, 18, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott
Not sure where to ask this, but I am traveling soon on Eva to Asia and back. How good is their Business Class? Anything I should know? Thanks.
Old Nov 12, 18, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Just flew BR Transpac and it was a great experience. Seat was comfortable, private enough while not feeling isolated, good entertainment and an amazing crew. The ginger lobster is tasted better than it looked. The mid-flight cheeseburger was rather flavorful but the potato wedges were a bit soggy so I skipped them. Even on the 90 minute fight to PVG from TPE they served a full meal but downgraded champagne. I'm very broad so the PJ top didn't fit but the pants made for comfortable lounging.

The SFO UA Polaris Lounge is quite nice so if you have the option of flying out of SFO it's a nice added perk.

Originally Posted by Scott Kiwi View Post
Not sure where to ask this, but I am traveling soon on Eva to Asia and back. How good is their Business Class? Anything I should know? Thanks.
Old Dec 15, 18, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott
Earleir this year I was able to use the Polaris Lounge at SFO, but this trip is from LAX. Thanks for the reply, btw!
Old Dec 15, 18, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As nice as the SFO Polaris Lounge is, the LAX Star Alliance Lounge is also very good. The only major difference is SFO Polaris has the "restaurant" but I feel the food outside the restaurant is actually better in the LAX Star Alliance Lounge.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: