Upgrading to Premium E with Cash Online

Old Nov 2, 18, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold
Upgrading to Premium E with Cash Online

UA flyer here and new with booking direct with BR, which I only did as the direct routing I wanted did not show up on UA's website. Have a last minute trip for a job interview in TPE next week and was instructed I could only book and get reimbursed for a regular economy ticket so booked round-trip BR51 and BR52 from/to IAH to TPE. I would like to try to purchase up to Premium E out of pocket but this doesn't seem to be available anywhere in the manage my booking sections on the BR website. Is it possible to do this online somewhere or will I have to call in or make upgrade requests at the airport? Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 18, 4:47 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by gradsflyer View Post
UA flyer here and new with booking direct with BR, which I only did as the direct routing I wanted did not show up on UA's website. Have a last minute trip for a job interview in TPE next week and was instructed I could only book and get reimbursed for a regular economy ticket so booked round-trip BR51 and BR52 from/to IAH to TPE. I would like to try to purchase up to Premium E out of pocket but this doesn't seem to be available anywhere in the manage my booking sections on the BR website. Is it possible to do this online somewhere or will I have to call in or make upgrade requests at the airport? Thanks!
Option is only offered over the phone. You will be quoted the difference between the cheapest PE ticket(P class if available) and your paid fare. There may be new fuel surcharges or fee changes because the fuel surcharge amount has recently changed(Nov 2).
Old Nov 3, 18, 4:06 pm

I also have this same question, except that I bought the ticket from OTA, not from EVA website. Can I still call EVA to pay for upgrade?
Old Nov 5, 18, 9:41 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Guys, wait and talk to the staff at check-in. If PE seats are available you should be able to pay for the upgrade (and not as a change of ticket to P class which will most likely be expensive).
gradsflyer likes this.
Old Nov 5, 18, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold
Would this actually mean that I'd maintain my booking in M class while flying PE? That would actually be even better given that both RDM and PQM earning on UA is 75% for M class versus only 50% for P class. Flying out tonight so will check with counter staff then. Thanks!
Old Nov 5, 18, 3:39 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
I also have this same question, except that I bought the ticket from OTA, not from EVA website. Can I still call EVA to pay for upgrade?
OTA tickets can only be touched by BR after you have used the first segment(so SFO-TPE-SIN with no stopover is a "segment").

Search this Thread
Search Engine: