Diamond ...

Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
A roundtrip from the US to S.E.A. is around 20k miles. You need 3 to get gold, then you just have to fly 4-5 times in two years to maintain it. You only need 80k within a two year period to maintain it.

This is why when people get angry then demand things from the BR staff saying they are gold and what not, they will remark your name.
i wonder what percentage of CG and CD qualify via segments. CD seems especially hardsome FAs wouldnt even qualify via segments!
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BR Diamond, ROP Gold, CX Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
BR almost ignore Star Alliance Gold members on board (well, except during the welcome announcement), let alone its own Gold members.

Just curious, what other programs do you guys bank your miles with after attaining the status? I have BR CD and Thai ROP Gold - will give up ROP when it expires in 2020. Will need an alternate Star Alliance program then.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by flyerfly
Just curious, what other programs do you guys bank your miles with after attaining the status? I have BR CD and Thai ROP Gold - will give up ROP when it expires in 2020. Will need an alternate Star Alliance program then.
I credit to OZ primarily to gain lounge access when flying UA domestically, as OZ is by far the easiest to gain *G (and in fact, they just made it even easier to requalify). The one negative of OZ is there is no English-language website to book award tickets online, and while it is a fairly simple matter to translate the Korean website, I always get errors on the final payment confirmation step so have to call into OZ anyway. This problem is somewhat ameliorated by the Asiana Club phone center having competent phone agents IME.

After status, I would prioritize FFP based on 1) value of miles (meaning both earn and redemption rates, specific to my travel patterns), 2) ease of redeeming miles (incl. options that give a redemption floor like anytime awards, as well as transfer-in option to avoid orphaning miles), 3) threat of devaluations, and a very distant 4) lifetime status.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by BlackHappy

i wonder what percentage of CG and CD qualify via segments. CD seems especially hard—some FAs wouldn’t even qualify via segments!
From what I heard, the CD segment-qualifying people are all businessmen running the short hops to places like HKG(biggest), SZX, CAN etc. on a daily basis. Everyone else pretty much relies on the miles to qualify.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
BR almost ignore Star Alliance Gold members on board (well, except during the welcome announcement), let alone its own Gold members.

Actually they do care. They have your last names and seat numbers noted in the galley during the flight. It's just that you don't get anything "extra" other than maybe a nicer smile and a little more "personal" service(depends on who's working).

*G is absolutely nothing to the any airline employees, create a muck over something and cite your *G, you will be laughed at.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic

I usually just stick with BR because I like the 4 upgrade vouchers they give you after each 140,000. I used to credit NH because you can do a transpacific R/T in business class for 85k or something like that. I still end up transferring most of my Amex points to NH.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.