Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on an EVA 787-9

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hayzel7773
  • http://www.evaair.com/en-us/flying-with-eva/fleet-facts/passenger/787-9.html?filter=&fleet=B787-9
  • 4 on order - Delivery for first two was: October 2018, November 2018
  • 304 Seats - 26 Royal Laurel (76 inch pitch) and 278 Economy (31-32 inch pitch)
  • Videos from various sources:
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWzjtRPF0m8 - long video, lots of conversations of interesting information, cockpit visit. I wonder if this guy is on FT...
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf9dOpEdxsI
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ydeV15bwLE
  • Routes Served:
    • HKG(Started Nov 01)
    • KIX(Started Dec 01)-BR132/131
      • Service expands to two daily starting 10MAR19
    • NRT(Started Dec 01)-BR198/197
      • Service expands to two daily starting 10MAR19
    • AMS (Starting July 09, 2019)
    • VIE (Starting May 09, 2019)
  • Aircraft in Service: B-17881, B-17882, B-17883

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on an EVA 787-9

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
I flew BR 851 (in 7A) and BR 852 (in 2A) a few days ago too. Seat finishes are of high quality; makes the 77W seat feel comparatively industrial. Really like the new storage space, as compared to the 77W where nothing can be stored for take-off and landing. Also, the storage compartment is lined! IFE screen is an upgrade in size and quality. Lie-flat mode is a little worse than the 77W as the bed is much closer to the ground, and slightly smaller especially because of the boxed in footwell; but then all Vantage XL seats are like this. Bed was still wide enough to easily fit my shoulders, unlike United Polaris. Highly recommend seats 2A/K, 5A/K, and 7A/K (in that order) to be closer to the window and for more privacy. 7A only gets one window, and then unfortunately a bit of the walled out window space. Overall a great new product.

Last edited by BR787; Nov 24, 2018 at 8:44 am
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by hayzel7773

Every airline has different requirements and mission for their aircraft on hand.

However, unlike the previous posters post, the 789 is not just for short/mid haul. It is confirmed(with no date) that the 789 is going to BNE(considered medium/long haul) and possibly AMS/VIE based on their booking system changes. They wouldn’t install crew rests if they did not want to fly missions longer than 6 hours.
This is correct. Starting in May 2019 789 will operate route to VIE and in June to AMS.

https://mainlymiles.com/2018/11/15/e...nna-next-year/

Its already visible in the system. BNE however is still shown as A333, even in November 2019.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Based on this article, the 78J will feature the same cabin design and seat design in J. They hired AIM to provide the front panel, front counter, and the back wall for 24 planes over 4 years. AIM was reportedly the company holding the deliveries back as they failed to deliver the front panel that had the illuminated Eva Air logo on time.

https://www.aircraftinteriorsinterna...t-designs.html
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA, BR, WN /Hyatt Dis/SPG Gold/ HH Gold
I will be doing a TPE-KIX RT in end of December. Does anyone have feedback on E class seats? It looks awfully like UA's seating with similar pitch and width (with different color schemes). Thought of book a J class.... but such a short flight (little over 3 hrs), seems kind of a waste compared with the long haul fight in their B77W RL experiences.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Hoping that someone can help me.

I'm confused by an apparent discrepancy between the seat map and the photos I've seen of the J class seats on the 787.

We are booked for Osaka->Taipei on the 787 and based on the seat map I have selected seats 3D/G because I would very much prefer the side tables to be on our right. That is what I seem to see on the seat map in the Wiki (and also on Eva's site) for the D/G seats in odd-numbered rows 3, 5, etc., with the even-numbered rows 2, 4, etc., having the side table on the left.

HOWEVER, the photo in the Wiki seems to show seat 3G with the side table on the LEFT. I've also seems photos online of seat 5G with the side table on the left.

Can anyone please clear this up for me?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Hoping that someone can help me.

I'm confused by an apparent discrepancy between the seat map and the photos I've seen of the J class seats on the 787.

We are booked for Osaka->Taipei on the 787 and based on the seat map I have selected seats 3D/G because I would very much prefer the side tables to be on our right. That is what I seem to see on the seat map in the Wiki (and also on Eva's site) for the D/G seats in odd-numbered rows 3, 5, etc., with the even-numbered rows 2, 4, etc., having the side table on the left.

HOWEVER, the photo in the Wiki seems to show seat 3G with the side table on the LEFT. I've also seems photos online of seat 5G with the side table on the left.

Can anyone please clear this up for me?
With Vantage XL, the table is above the footwell for the passenger in the row behind, so the tables must alternate sides from row to row. Row 3 is directly in front of row 5 (since BR skips the number 4), so they can't both have the side table on the left.

In one of the videos, it does appear the center seats in row 3 have tables on the right (time link provided): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf9dOpEdxsI#t=1m20s
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:08 am
vga

Programs: yes
I read somewhere the updated Royal Laurel Class business class seats have been styled by ... “We wanted EVA's business class experience to be fresh and ... all work together,” said Johannes Lampela, Design Director at BMW Designworks' LA Studio.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by gengar
With Vantage XL, the table is above the footwell for the passenger in the row behind, so the tables must alternate sides from row to row. Row 3 is directly in front of row 5 (since BR skips the number 4), so they can't both have the side table on the left.

In one of the videos, it does appear the center seats in row 3 have tables on the right (time link provided): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf9dOpEdxsI#t=1m20s
Thanks.

I sure screwed up looking at the seat map Never even noticed that they skipped No. 4 and stupidly assumed that the odd-numbered rows were all the same (and that the even-numbered rows were also the same).

I did look at the videos before I posted but I wasn't seeing too many seat numbers, I can see from your timestamp that this appears to be row 3 directly behind row 2 and that the table is on the right. Thanks again.

I wonder why the photo is the Wiki shows 3G with the table on the left.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Thanks.

I sure screwed up looking at the seat map Never even noticed that they skipped No. 4 and stupidly assumed that the odd-numbered rows were all the same (and that the even-numbered rows were also the same).

I did look at the videos before I posted but I wasn't seeing too many seat numbers, I can see from your timestamp that this appears to be row 3 directly behind row 2 and that the table is on the right. Thanks again.

I wonder why the photo is the Wiki shows 3G with the table on the left.
It's a mystery as the photo is from the official EVA PR on 20 Sep: https://www.evaair.com/en-us/about-e...09-20-787.html Presumably the photo was taken on the ground in Charleston.

It crossed my mind that there might be different seating arrangements depending on the airframe, however stupid and unlikely it might be. The video I linked before is of BR's first 789, B-17881, presumably at a media event the day after it was delivered to TPE; BR's second 789, B-17882, actually rolled out on 16 Sep, so it could have been the plane in the EVA PR from 20 Sep.

But I was able to find this trip report on B-17882 that clearly also shows the same seat layout, with center seats in row 3 having tables on the right: watch?v=M0P7cN2UP8o&t=3m39s (copy and paste to youtube - not sure why it is forcing an embedded player here)

So I think you should be good with your seat selection.

Last edited by gengar; Dec 13, 2018 at 1:47 am
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by vga
I read somewhere the updated Royal Laurel Class business class seats have been styled by ... “We wanted EVA's business class experience to be fresh and ... all work together,” said Johannes Lampela, Design Director at BMW Designworks' LA Studio.
This has been mentioned throughout the press releases and in the discussion from the outlook thread extensively. The "BMW designed" seat carries quite a bit of weight with the local Taiwanese market, who relate the "BMW" to ultimate luxury.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:21 am

It's a mystery as the photo is from the official EVA PR on 20 Sep: https://www.evaair.com/en-us/about-e...09-20-787.html Presumably the photo was taken on the ground in Charleston.

It crossed my mind that there might be different seating arrangements depending on the airframe, however stupid and unlikely it might be. The video I linked before is of BR's first 789, B-17881, presumably at a media event the day after it was delivered to TPE; BR's second 789, B-17882, actually rolled out on 16 Sep, so it could have been the plane in the EVA PR from 20 Sep.

But I was able to find this trip report on B-17882 that clearly also shows the same seat layout, with center seats in row 3 having tables on the right: watch?v=M0P7cN2UP8o&t=3m39s (copy and paste to youtube - not sure why it is forcing an embedded player here)

That photo is from an animation video that Designworks made for BR.

The official seat map from BR's website is your friend, that image is a scanned image from the flight attendant training manual.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
That photo is from an animation video that Designworks made for BR.
Got it, that explains it.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:44 am

Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.