Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Last row in Premium Economy - full recline?

Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

Hello Eva Air experts,

Apologies if this has been asked over and over again.

I will fly Eva Air for the first time and am really looking forward to it. I am booked in Premium Economy on the 777-300 from LHR to BKK and back and wonder if the very last seats on row 27 actually have full recline. Based on the pictures I found online it looks as if the seats are so close to the bulkhead that it would not be possible to recline them completely. Is that the case?

Thank you!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:44 pm

Seatguru doesn't mention anything about limited recline in row 27 on the 77M, so you should be fine.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Yes, you get full recline. The bulkhead and seat have quite a big gap that allows for a full recline.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies! I look forward to my first ever flight with EVA Air!

Last edited by LondonFlight; Oct 5, 2018 at 1:36 am
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:17 pm

There a blogger who shows the recline in the last row -

6m54 is where he reviews the recline. I put it into the link but it seems that when embedded it ignores the timestamp.
jazzhou likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Hello capin,

Thank you so much for your reply - I have just seen it!

How nice of you to have shared the video! It looks great and I can indeed see that the seat seems to recline well.

I look forward to trying EVA's premium economy!

Thanks again, capin!

Last edited by LondonFlight; Oct 6, 2018 at 3:27 am
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:06 am

The answer is no. The recline isn't as good on the last row, compared to the rest. But the recline is still good. I just flew on Eva Air Premium Economy, Singapore to Taipei and return. Both times in the last row of the Premium Eco cabin.

Here is the video of my Singapore to Taipei leg, on the Hello Kitty aircraft.

jazzhou likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:13 am
Suspended

People get the last row in any cabins usually because all better seats are occupied. Last row is usually located next to a galley, toilet or cabin divider that support baby basins.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Hello iluvcruising2 and Mama,

Thank you very much for the update. I will try to avoid the last row.

Nice video, iluvcruising2! Thanks for sharing!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
I travelled from Toronto to Taipei in the last row and it did fully recline. In fact I was in the previous row and since the last row was empty I decided to move there after sometime. This is the seat on the sides and not the middle. It could be different aircraft have different configurations and different seating?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The seats in the last row in PE are as good as any other seats in PE. Nothing to worry about. Proximity to galley or toilet is not an issue.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by LondonFlight
Hello iluvcruising2 and Mama,

Thank you very much for the update. I will try to avoid the last row.

Nice video, iluvcruising2! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for your comment.
I may have forgotten to mention that I know for sure the full recline in the last row isn't as great, not just from looking at the seat, but also I tried the seat in front of me. (My family members were seated one row in front of me.)

The aircraft I flew on was one of the the Hello Kitty aircraft.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by LondonFlight
Hello capin,

Thank you so much for your reply - I have just seen it!

How nice of you to have shared the video! It looks great and I can indeed see that the seat seems to recline well.

I look forward to trying EVA's premium economy!

Thanks again, capin!
I flew Eva Premium economy ORD-TPE-BKK return over thanksgiving. I thought the flights were superb, I'm 6'4" and 275lbs and I had loads of room in 26D and 27D (last row of premium economy). The seats were really comfortable, food was nice, crews were lovely. I'm an EVA convert :-)

I recently flew BA - LHR-KUL on the 787 and SIN-LHR on the A380 in club/business and I felt better after my EVA flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.