Gold Track at SFO?

Old Aug 12, 18, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G
Gold Track at SFO?

I'm flying out on BR 17 tomorrow evening and will be leaving the airport to meet up with friends in the area. Trying to figure out what time I should get back to the airport before my flight, and while it looks like BR doesn't participate in TSA Precheck, there should be a *A Gold Track checkpoint at INTL terminal G? Has anyone had any experience with this and can estimate how long it takes to clear security through it?
Old Aug 12, 18, 4:33 pm

Programs: A3*G, SPG Plat
SFO has priority screening. Just make sure the check-in agent stamps your boarding pass with "Priority" and you should be good to go in that line.
Old Aug 12, 18, 4:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If by evening, you mean 5:00 - 8:00 PM, it will be crowded. The priority line is standard screening with somewhat fewer people up until the podium where your ID is checked. As it includes pretty much all carrier's premium cabin and status passengers who are not in Pre-Check, it is not significantly faster than the standard line. I would allow 30 minutes to clear the checkpoint.
Old Aug 12, 18, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PaclantFlyer View Post
SFO has priority screening. Just make sure the check-in agent stamps your boarding pass with "Priority" and you should be good to go in that line.
Thanks, I take it I should grab a new boarding pass at BR's SFO counter to get the "priority" stamp?

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
If by evening, you mean 5:00 - 8:00 PM, it will be crowded. The priority line is standard screening with somewhat fewer people up until the podium where your ID is checked. As it includes pretty much all carrier's premium cabin and status passengers who are not in Pre-Check, it is not significantly faster than the standard line. I would allow 30 minutes to clear the checkpoint.
BR 17 doesn't depart until 1 AM, so hoping things will be quieter closer to midnight. Looks like the only major flights to contend with at INTL G checkpoint during that time are AI 184, and the later BR 27 and SQ 1.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 18, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS 75K; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by State of Trance View Post
BR 17 doesn't depart until 1 AM, so hoping things will be quieter closer to midnight. Looks like the only major flights to contend with at INTL G checkpoint during that time are AI 184, and the later BR 27 and SQ 1.
I would leave 30 minutes (as Often1 suggests), and be pleasantly surprised if it's quicker. Depending on day of the week, there's also UA SFO-CTU. That's nearly 1500 pax for those five flights.
Old Aug 12, 18, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Feel free to report back your experience. I have a long layover for a dinner in San Fran between a flight in from PDX and then out on BR27. Would be good to know your experience with TSA.
Hoping that before then BR joins PreCheck.

Thanks, I take it I should grab a new boarding pass at BR's SFO counter to get the "priority" stamp?

Old Aug 13, 18, 4:05 pm

Programs: A3*G, SPG Plat
It can't hurt. I generally haven't been able to print my own boarding pass with BR at SFO, but maybe it works now!

Yeah, I generally go through the priority line on my non-precheck flights, and it's never taken more than 30 minutes, morning or evening.
Old Aug 14, 18, 1:06 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by PaclantFlyer View Post
It can't hurt. I generally haven't been able to print my own boarding pass with BR at SFO, but maybe it works now!

Yeah, I generally go through the priority line on my non-precheck flights, and it's never taken more than 30 minutes, morning or evening.
BR does not allow self printing at SFO.
Old Aug 16, 18, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212 View Post
Feel free to report back your experience. I have a long layover for a dinner in San Fran between a flight in from PDX and then out on BR27. Would be good to know your experience with TSA.
Hoping that before then BR joins PreCheck.
Well UA ended up cancelling my flight into SFO, rerouting me through LAX to SFO with just barely enough time for me to sprint to INTL G before boarding closed, so I didn't get to check it out. Although I managed to make my connection, not surprisingly my bag didn't.
Old Aug 17, 18, 1:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS 75K; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
I came through international security Terminal G at 11:30 tonight and it was dead empty.
Old Aug 19, 18, 2:48 am

I've flown BR17, BR18, SQ1 multiple times, and G was also dead empty. The one time it was busy was during the holidays (Thanksgiving)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: