FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands-761/)
-   -   Newbie question: Prem Econ as regular Econ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands/1923810-newbie-question-prem-econ-regular-econ.html)

Agincourt Aug 6, 2018 12:48 pm

Newbie question: Prem Econ as regular Econ?

Hello all:
Please excuse my newbie question, I tried searching for answer but I couldn't find one. Recently I booked a flight using Aeroplan points for HKG-YYZ via TPE. When selecting seat, it seems to me that I could pick Premium Economy for the HKG-TPE segment free of charge as a "standard seat". Is this a system glitch or normal practice for EVA? I don't want to pick it and get kicked out of the seat for whatever reason later.
Thank you kindly!

asiadxer Aug 6, 2018 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Agincourt (Post 30053943)
Hello all:
Please excuse my newbie question, I tried searching for answer but I couldn't find one. Recently I booked a flight using Aeroplan points for HKG-YYZ via TPE. When selecting seat, it seems to me that I could pick Premium Economy for the HKG-TPE segment free of charge as a "standard seat". Is this a system glitch or normal practice for EVA? I don't want to pick it and get kicked out of the seat for whatever reason later.
Thank you kindly!

Premium Economy Class cabin is available on BR operated flights within Asia provide Economy class service only, except TPE-BJS/BKK/SHA/SGN/SIN v.v. So HKG-TPE like most regional Asian routes only offer Economy class even though the aircraft has Premium Economy cabin. So you can pick out Premium Economy seat even though even though you are flying economy.

Agincourt Aug 7, 2018 10:32 am

Originally Posted by asiadxer (Post 30054753)
Premium Economy Class cabin is available on BR operated flights within Asia provide Economy class service only, except TPE-BJS/BKK/SHA/SGN/SIN v.v. So HKG-TPE like most regional Asian routes only offer Economy class even though the aircraft has Premium Economy cabin. So you can pick out Premium Economy seat even though even though you are flying economy.

Thank you for the insight! It's just a short flight but looks like a great way to give the product a try.

Chromie25 Aug 8, 2018 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by Agincourt (Post 30057491)
Thank you for the insight! It's just a short flight but looks like a great way to give the product a try.

There's not much to try - it's just a bigger seat. You will still get Y service if the flight does not offer PEY in the first place.

tobiashenry Aug 9, 2018 12:51 pm

They have retracted hot meal service in HKG route since summer last year. Not really any service difference even if there was PEY service. Just a nicer seat, I suppose

tya Aug 12, 2018 10:40 am

I have to say CI is much more generous in this regard, especially on TPE-SHA where they also use 77W/747 but make those PE/upper deck J seats available to Economy passengers, instead of charging them Premium Economy.

Indeed Taiwan-China flights are just so popular and constantly overbooked. For those who really need to travel on specific dates, you either buy Premium Economy or leave it. Otherwise Premium Economy tickets on a <2 hour flight is totally absurd...

tobiashenry Aug 13, 2018 5:47 am

I actually wonder how’s the load with J and Y in HKG TPE toute. Seems erratic that they either gave 77W and 321