FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands-761/)
-   -   Difficulty Redeeming EVA Air on Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands/1916777-difficulty-redeeming-eva-air-aeroplan.html)

Alesis Jun 27, 2018 3:16 pm

Difficulty Redeeming EVA Air on Aeroplan

Hi there,

I've been attempting to book an EVA Air flight from YVR to DPS one way on July 23rd, 2018 in business class. It states on both the application and the website that there are two available options. When calling the rep for aeroplan, they told me that there must be a system-wide glitch with EVA Air because they can't actually book the flights despite seeing the availability. Since I'm trying to adjust an already-booked flight, I don't have the 77,500 miles to go through the process to confirm myself. Can anyone here speak to whether they are experiencing the same glitch, or the availability is actually there?

Dave510 Jun 27, 2018 4:24 pm

I've had that issue before. The space would appear and i would be able to book and get a PNR, but it wouldn't actually ticket for whatever reason.

Aeroplan ended up calling EVA ticketing directly and booked the tickets with them manually.

Alesis Jun 27, 2018 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Dave510 (Post 29913867)
I've had that issue before. The space would appear and i would be able to book and get a PNR, but it wouldn't actually ticket for whatever reason.

Aeroplan ended up calling EVA ticketing directly and booked the tickets with them manually.

Did you have to get lucky with the right representative to call EVA ticketing directly? I just spoke with two representatives in a row who told me that they do not do any form of calling to EVA in order to book their aeroplan reward redemptions. Was this recent?

Dave510 Jun 27, 2018 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Alesis (Post 29914212)
Did you have to get lucky with the right representative to call EVA ticketing directly? I just spoke with two representatives in a row who told me that they do not do any form of calling to EVA in order to book their aeroplan reward redemptions. Was this recent?

I am not sure if I got lucky with a good rep. It did take me 2 calls to settle (the first rep claimed that the space was a phantom availability). This happened in Sept. 2017.

Gquie Jul 4, 2018 6:21 pm

I'm actually in the process of booking an EVA flight through Aeroplan to DPS as well for later in August. Does Aeroplan still charge $100 for phone bookings? I haven't booked an aeroplan flight in years through the call centre but am preparing myself for the need to do this if my flight doesn't ticket.

Dave510 Jul 5, 2018 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Gquie (Post 29938843)
I'm actually in the process of booking an EVA flight through Aeroplan to DPS as well for later in August. Does Aeroplan still charge $100 for phone bookings? I haven't booked an aeroplan flight in years through the call centre but am preparing myself for the need to do this if my flight doesn't ticket.

Phone booking fee is $30. Generally the fee is almost impossible to waive, but in my case where Aeroplan booked the award but EVA did not ticket, they did not charge me the phone booking fee.

Skar4000 Jul 10, 2018 7:45 pm

Same issue today

Just tried a minute ago - issue has not yet been resolved. Agent told me to call back in "a few days", but no indication how long it would take to fix the issue

dmlee18 Nov 8, 2019 2:44 pm

Has anyone been experiencing phantom seats with Eva on Aeroplan lately? Wanting to book IAD-YYZ-TPE-HKG. Seeing at least three seats in business YYZ-TPE week of Dec 16th, but when I try to book through Aeroplan's website I'm getting the "not available" error. Booking just the long haul doesn't work either. A cross check with United shows the seats available. Any thoughts on what might be happening and how to resolve? Thanks!

* Waiting to talk with an Aeroplan rep...
** Update: spoke to a rep (1 hr wait time): she couldn't book these either, but was quite helpful scouring other routes/options. Sadly, nothing available. She said these kinds of things happen esp during the holiday season and suggested ignoring all Eva flights. Also, said it's not possible to return miles to MR. Should I just try again? :(

24left Nov 8, 2019 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by dmlee18 (Post 31716659)
Has anyone been experiencing phantom seats with Eva on Aeroplan lately? Wanting to book IAD-YYZ-TPE-HKG. Seeing at least three seats in business YYZ-TPE week of Dec 16th, but when I try to book through Aeroplan's website I'm getting the "not available" error. Booking just the long haul doesn't work either. A cross check with United shows the seats available. Any thoughts on what might be happening and how to resolve? Thanks!

* Waiting to talk with an Aeroplan rep...
** Update: spoke to a rep (1 hr wait time): she couldn't book these either, but was quite helpful scouring other routes/options. Sadly, nothing available. She said these kinds of things happen esp during the holiday season and suggested ignoring all Eva flights. Also, said it's not possible to return miles to MR. Should I just try again? :(

@dmlee18

This and similar issues of EVA availability have been discussed on the Air Canada / Aeroplan forum. Further, they used to release at T-14, but a while back, seats only started appearing on Aeroplan at T-4. For further out, redemptions appear on some days or weeks and not on others.

This is the last page of one thread. You can scroll back a bit

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...gnment-42.html

And see the OP in this thread as well

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...-airlines.html

Also, see posts 202 and 203 on this page

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...rlines-14.html

Finally, be advised that AC is in the middle of a migration to Amadeus. It will cause no shortage of problems on the AC and Aeroplan sides. There is also a general thread on the AC forum about that.

I think most of us on AC FT would advise keep looking but be aware of the challenges.