FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands-761/)
-   -   EVA Air A330-300 J cabins (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands/1905161-eva-air-a330-300-j-cabins.html)

atco Apr 20, 2018 4:06 pm

EVA Air A330-300 J cabins

Hi all,

I have a flight booked in Sept BR228 KUL-TPE in J on an A330-300.
I'm aware currently EVA have 2 different configurations on the A333, one with angle flat seats and a much nicer looking newer cabin with proper flat beds. Using the online seat selection it seems to indicate currently my flight is on the old angle flat config.
However by checking the flight history on Flightradar it looks like old and new cabins operate the KUL flight with no pattern at all, it looks completely random as to what you get.

Does anyone know if there are plans to convert the last remaining A333's to the new J cabin or how many A333's still have the old cabin? EVA's website seems to indicate 3 old and 6 new but not sure how up to date that info is.

This will be our first time on EVA Air, also very excited to be flying TPE-YYZ back in J as well on the 77W which looks to be an absolutely superb experience!

Many thanks for any info

hayzel7773 Apr 21, 2018 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by atco (Post 29665546)
Hi all,

I'm aware currently EVA have 2 different configurations on the A333, one with angle flat seats and a much nicer looking newer cabin with proper flat beds. Using the online seat selection it seems to indicate currently my flight is on the old angle flat config.
However by checking the flight history on Flightradar it looks like old and new cabins operate the KUL flight with no pattern at all, it looks completely random as to what you get.

Does anyone know if there are plans to convert the last remaining A333's to the new J cabin or how many A333's still have the old cabin? EVA's website seems to indicate 3 old and 6 new but not sure how up to date that info is.

This will be our first time on EVA Air, also very excited to be flying TPE-YYZ back in J as well on the 77W which looks to be an absolutely superb experience!

Many thanks for any info

There are no plans to convert any of the A333s. They only have 3(B-16331, B-16332, B-16333) in the old config(all in Sanrio Liveries) and they are all leased planes that are supposed to go back to the lessor as 78J roll in. The planes have no difference in capacity so they dispatch at their leisure.

atco Apr 21, 2018 9:20 pm

Thanks for the information hayzel7773.
By checking the registrations you kindly provided looks like only 6 of the last 137 flights of BR228 that used the A333 were on the old config so hopefully the odds are in my favour.
When are the 787's supposed to start line flying?

east_west Apr 22, 2018 9:49 am

Originally Posted by atco (Post 29669249)
By checking the registrations you kindly provided looks like only 6 of the last 137 flights of BR228 that used the A333 were on the old config so hopefully the odds are in my favour.

Two of the 787-9s are arriving in 2018. The other two 787-9s and the first 787-10s should start arriving in 2019.

hayzel7773 Apr 22, 2018 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by atco (Post 29669249)

Current scheduled delivery date is end of July so line flying should start in August.
However, they like to send new planes to HKG and SGN for crew familiarization flights.

Taipei Apr 22, 2018 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by atco (Post 29665546)
Hi all,

Many thanks for any info

I do not think any A330's have flat beds unless its very recent update? All are angled seats, not as nice as 777's.

atco Apr 22, 2018 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Taipei (Post 29672154)
I do not think any A330's have flat beds unless its very recent update? All are angled seats, not as nice as 777's.

Thanks for the great info everyone,much appreciated.

Taipei, I was going off info on a couple of reviews I had seen of the new A333 J cabin with the black furnishings and trim, one of which was here:
https://pointswise.ca/eva-air-airbus...s-10-pictures/

Certainly seems to indicate the new product is indeed a full flat bed

BR787 Apr 23, 2018 6:40 am

There are six EVA Air A330-300's with the lie-flat seats and three with the angled flat seats. The lie-flat seats are new within the last year.