Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge at ORD?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Lounge at ORD?

If I'm flying BR J ex-ORD, can I access the Polaris lounge in T1 or will I be limited to the Air France/KLM one in T5?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:43 pm

It doesn't really matter if you can access it by policy; I really don't recommend bothering given how much time you'll end up spending going from T5 to T1, through security at T1, going over to the satellite concourse, and then making that reverse trek in addition to going through security at T5.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by lolstebbo
It doesn't really matter if you can access it by policy; I really don't recommend bothering given how much time you'll end up spending going from T5 to T1, through security at T1, going over to the satellite concourse, and then making that reverse trek in addition to going through security at T5.
Also considering the Polaris lounge closes many hours before BR’s takeoff...
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lolstebbo
Got it, thanks for the info lolstebbo!
Old Apr 4, 2023, 5:32 pm

Any updates on the current lounge situation at ORD?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by frankandbeans
Any updates on the current lounge situation at ORD?
EVA departs from the International Terminal (T5) at ORD, and the standard issue is the Swissport lounge (not SWISS Air standards / quality, mind you) ... if you have more free time, Google search about this lounge as many travel bloggers (TPG, OMAAT, etc.) all view it as one of the worst lounges in the US for international travel :/

United's Polaris lounge is in T1, so you'd have to take the SkyTrain over and re-clear security there (and back in T5, when you return for departures). There is a post-security bus connecting the terminals, but rumor has it that if you don't have a valid boarding pass for the other terminal, they won't let you board, in an effort to stop people shuttling over there for lounge use.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 6:31 pm

Thank you for the info. I will plan on spending as little time at the airport as possible then. What a shame...
Old Apr 5, 2023, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by frankandbeans
Thank you for the info. I will plan on spending as little time at the airport as possible then. What a shame...
It really is ... I hope one day ORD gets it's act together and either 1) build a proper Star Alliance lounge in T5 (Intl Terminal) or 2) start allowing / more actively promoting post-security bus transfers btwn T1 and T5, so at least *A business class customers can go visit the Polaris lounge ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.