Will Eva combine itinerarys?

Old Mar 31, 18, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Will Eva combine itinerarys?

I have a ticket YYZ-TPE-YYZ booked and paid for.

I'm looking now at TSA-HND-NRT-TPE to add to that trip. If I book that as a separate ticket, will Eva be able to combine both tickets into one ticket? The reason I ask is because the last leg (NRT-TPE) would get me to TPE a few hours before my TPE-YYZ return flight, so I'd much prefer to have those on one ticket.

Thoughts and experiences?
Old Mar 31, 18, 3:03 pm
formerly Mdanner423

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
EVA will check the bags for you all the way and give you both boarding passes. They won't technically combine it into a single ticket # but it'll be basically the same from your experience. This isn't really a problem on one airline, especially on a legacy carrier like EVA. This becomes a problem when you have tickets on two different airlines.

From the letter of the law if you are late on one ticket, they could cause you some problems, but EVA doesn't work like that in a practical sense. They would take care of you.

Originally Posted by mxqisit View Post
I have a ticket YYZ-TPE-YYZ booked and paid for.

I'm looking now at TSA-HND-NRT-TPE to add to that trip. If I book that as a separate ticket, will Eva be able to combine both tickets into one ticket? The reason I ask is because the last leg (NRT-TPE) would get me to TPE a few hours before my TPE-YYZ return flight, so I'd much prefer to have those on one ticket.

Thoughts and experiences?
Old Apr 1, 18, 9:41 pm
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Just to add a DP. Was flying CI NRT-TPE connecting to BR TPE-HKG on separate tickets with 1.5 hr tight transfer.
CI NRT staff denied checking my bags to HKG, insisting that I need to claim my bags and re-check with BR
Yet when I arrive in TPE, I proceeded to BR transfer desk within the arrival level, BR staff happily helped me re-checked my bag onto my BR flight to HKG, without me having to clear TPE immigration and claiming bags.
I wasn't sure if it's because I was *G (non-BR) or simply because they have a genuine policy.

You are connecting BR to BR, so you should more likely be fine.
Old Apr 4, 18, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Score one more for EVA Airlines!

Cost for separate ticket: ~$500
Cost to add legs to existing ticket: ~$120 (including fees)

Just another reason I'm so satisfied with this company. Please never change!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: