Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Connecting flight at TPE - can I use the EVA lounge?

Connecting flight at TPE - can I use the EVA lounge?

Old Mar 28, 18, 8:59 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 11
Connecting flight at TPE - can I use the EVA lounge?

Basically flying EVA business to TPE, but will be flying Thai Airways out on my connecting flight. Can I use my arrivals ticket to access the lounge, or will they only allow you to enter if you are flying departing with EVA business class only?
flyerjc23 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 18, 2:58 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 53
If you're flying business on Thai or are star gold, you can use the star lounge. Arrival ticket doesn't allow entrance
jackson112233 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 18, 10:26 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Posts: 3,809
Originally Posted by jackson112233 View Post
If you're flying business on Thai or are star gold, you can use the star lounge. Arrival ticket doesn't allow entrance
The problem is that BR flights lands at T2 while TG flight departs from T1.
Can OP access T2 lounge when his/her connecting flight departs from T1?
I think I read somewhere about T1 and T2 are connected airside, but not sure.
kkjay77 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 18, 9:19 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: home since March
Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Posts: 5,659
TPE T1 and T2 are connected airside.
gengar is offline  
Old Mar 30, 18, 9:55 am
  #5  
TPJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWS (Plat Pro), EY Silver (compted), IHG Plat
Posts: 6,865
Originally Posted by gengar View Post
TPE T1 and T2 are connected airside.
But it is a long walk. There is also an automated train.
TPJ is offline  
Old Mar 30, 18, 10:30 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SFO/SJC/OAK
Posts: 483
Originally Posted by TPJ View Post
But it is a long walk. There is also an automated train.
Sterile-side, it's only on the arrivals level.
lolstebbo is offline  
Old Mar 30, 18, 2:22 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by jackson112233 View Post
If you're flying business on Thai or are star gold, you can use the star lounge. Arrival ticket doesn't allow entrance


so I can use any of the star alliance lounges as long as I am flying business on Thai Airways?
flyerjc23 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 18, 4:23 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 998
You might check here:

Lounges - Star Alliance
kalderlake is offline  
Old Mar 30, 18, 5:15 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Posts: 3,809
Originally Posted by flyerjc23 View Post
so I can use any of the star alliance lounges as long as I am flying business on Thai Airways?
Looks like you can get to T2 airside, so you'll have access to EVA Infinity Lounge which is for *A Business class pax and SQ SKL.
kkjay77 is offline  
Old Mar 31, 18, 1:35 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hampton->Conrad->Hampton again
Posts: 4,810
Personally I'd definitely choose Silverkris Lounge over EVA Star/Infinity. I find the food spread at SQ lounge in TPE to be much more palatable than EVA's. But SQ lounge is small, and I like the shower at Infinity.
evergrn is offline  
Old Mar 31, 18, 1:37 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by evergrn View Post
Personally I'd definitely choose Silverkris Lounge over EVA Star/Infinity. I find the food spread at SQ lounge in TPE to be much more palatable than EVA's. But SQ lounge is small, and I like the shower at Infinity.
Why not go to them all?
flyerjc23 is offline  
Old Jul 30, 18, 1:11 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Posts: 6,719
I have an upcoming J flight via TPE. Flying BR SFO-TPE then have an 11 hour daytime layover before flying BR to PVG, My plan is to leave the airport an tour around Taipei during the layover. Can I get to the lounge for a bite to eat and shower before heading into the city? I'm fine with having to clear any immigration and then reenter to get access.

If that isn't possible I've read the airport how showers available. Any experience if they're good to refresh?
Yoshi212 is offline  
Old Jul 31, 18, 4:30 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: LAX, CGK
Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Posts: 349
Originally Posted by Yoshi212 View Post
I have an upcoming J flight via TPE. Flying BR SFO-TPE then have an 11 hour daytime layover before flying BR to PVG, My plan is to leave the airport an tour around Taipei during the layover. Can I get to the lounge for a bite to eat and shower before heading into the city? I'm fine with having to clear any immigration and then reenter to get access.
Yes you can access the lounge as long as you have the TPE-PVG boarding pass which should be given to you at SFO. Just follow the transit security to go upstairs to the lounges. After your shower and quick bite, just go down through the transit security area to the arrival hall. Tell the security you want to go to the transit desk (just behind the security wall), then go to immigration.
I have done these several times.
Yoshi212 likes this.
asiadxer is offline  
Old Aug 29, 18, 1:28 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 792
Hi,

I just wanted to add a question to this. I am flying ORD-TPE-BKK in PE in November. I have no star alliance status but I have OWE. If I sign up for a status challenge in October with United Mileage plus will I be able to access the Eva Lounges please? The United documentation seems a little ambiguous.

Thanks,
capin is offline  
Old Aug 29, 18, 5:57 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Posts: 6,719
If you satisfy the requirements of the challenge before the flights and the match is to at least Premier Gold you'd have access to the Star lounge in TPE which is specifically for Star Alliance Gold members traveling.

Originally Posted by capin View Post
Hi,

I just wanted to add a question to this. I am flying ORD-TPE-BKK in PE in November. I have no star alliance status but I have OWE. If I sign up for a status challenge in October with United Mileage plus will I be able to access the Eva Lounges please? The United documentation seems a little ambiguous.

Thanks,
Yoshi212 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: