Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Connecting flight at TPE - can I use the EVA lounge?

Old Mar 28, 18, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Basically flying EVA business to TPE, but will be flying Thai Airways out on my connecting flight. Can I use my arrivals ticket to access the lounge, or will they only allow you to enter if you are flying departing with EVA business class only?
Old Mar 29, 18, 2:58 am

If you're flying business on Thai or are star gold, you can use the star lounge. Arrival ticket doesn't allow entrance
Old Mar 29, 18, 10:26 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by jackson112233 View Post
If you're flying business on Thai or are star gold, you can use the star lounge. Arrival ticket doesn't allow entrance
The problem is that BR flights lands at T2 while TG flight departs from T1.
Can OP access T2 lounge when his/her connecting flight departs from T1?
I think I read somewhere about T1 and T2 are connected airside, but not sure.
Old Mar 30, 18, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
TPE T1 and T2 are connected airside.
Old Mar 30, 18, 9:55 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWS (Plat Pro), EY Silver (compted), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gengar View Post
TPE T1 and T2 are connected airside.
But it is a long walk. There is also an automated train.
Old Mar 30, 18, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by TPJ View Post
But it is a long walk. There is also an automated train.
Sterile-side, it's only on the arrivals level.
Old Mar 30, 18, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackson112233 View Post

so I can use any of the star alliance lounges as long as I am flying business on Thai Airways?
Old Mar 30, 18, 4:23 pm

You might check here:

Lounges - Star Alliance
Old Mar 30, 18, 5:15 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by flyerjc23 View Post
so I can use any of the star alliance lounges as long as I am flying business on Thai Airways?
Looks like you can get to T2 airside, so you'll have access to EVA Infinity Lounge which is for *A Business class pax and SQ SKL.
Old Mar 31, 18, 1:35 am

Personally I'd definitely choose Silverkris Lounge over EVA Star/Infinity. I find the food spread at SQ lounge in TPE to be much more palatable than EVA's. But SQ lounge is small, and I like the shower at Infinity.
Old Mar 31, 18, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by evergrn View Post
Personally I'd definitely choose Silverkris Lounge over EVA Star/Infinity. I find the food spread at SQ lounge in TPE to be much more palatable than EVA's. But SQ lounge is small, and I like the shower at Infinity.
Why not go to them all?
Old Jul 30, 18, 1:11 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I have an upcoming J flight via TPE. Flying BR SFO-TPE then have an 11 hour daytime layover before flying BR to PVG, My plan is to leave the airport an tour around Taipei during the layover. Can I get to the lounge for a bite to eat and shower before heading into the city? I'm fine with having to clear any immigration and then reenter to get access.

If that isn't possible I've read the airport how showers available. Any experience if they're good to refresh?
Old Jul 31, 18, 4:30 am

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by Yoshi212 View Post
I have an upcoming J flight via TPE. Flying BR SFO-TPE then have an 11 hour daytime layover before flying BR to PVG, My plan is to leave the airport an tour around Taipei during the layover. Can I get to the lounge for a bite to eat and shower before heading into the city? I'm fine with having to clear any immigration and then reenter to get access.
Yes you can access the lounge as long as you have the TPE-PVG boarding pass which should be given to you at SFO. Just follow the transit security to go upstairs to the lounges. After your shower and quick bite, just go down through the transit security area to the arrival hall. Tell the security you want to go to the transit desk (just behind the security wall), then go to immigration.
I have done these several times.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 18, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hi,

I just wanted to add a question to this. I am flying ORD-TPE-BKK in PE in November. I have no star alliance status but I have OWE. If I sign up for a status challenge in October with United Mileage plus will I be able to access the Eva Lounges please? The United documentation seems a little ambiguous.

Thanks,
Old Aug 29, 18, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
If you satisfy the requirements of the challenge before the flights and the match is to at least Premier Gold you'd have access to the Star lounge in TPE which is specifically for Star Alliance Gold members traveling.

Originally Posted by capin View Post
Hi,

I just wanted to add a question to this. I am flying ORD-TPE-BKK in PE in November. I have no star alliance status but I have OWE. If I sign up for a status challenge in October with United Mileage plus will I be able to access the Eva Lounges please? The United documentation seems a little ambiguous.

Thanks,

Search this Thread
Search Engine: