FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands-761/)
-   -   Connecting flight at TPE - can I use the EVA lounge? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands/1901194-connecting-flight-tpe-can-i-use-eva-lounge.html)

flyerjc23 Mar 28, 2018 7:59 pm

Connecting flight at TPE - can I use the EVA lounge?

Basically flying EVA business to TPE, but will be flying Thai Airways out on my connecting flight. Can I use my arrivals ticket to access the lounge, or will they only allow you to enter if you are flying departing with EVA business class only?

jackson112233 Mar 29, 2018 1:58 am

If you're flying business on Thai or are star gold, you can use the star lounge. Arrival ticket doesn't allow entrance

kkjay77 Mar 29, 2018 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by jackson112233 (Post 29579438)
If you're flying business on Thai or are star gold, you can use the star lounge. Arrival ticket doesn't allow entrance

The problem is that BR flights lands at T2 while TG flight departs from T1.
Can OP access T2 lounge when his/her connecting flight departs from T1?
I think I read somewhere about T1 and T2 are connected airside, but not sure.

gengar Mar 30, 2018 8:19 am

TPE T1 and T2 are connected airside.

TPJ Mar 30, 2018 8:55 am

Originally Posted by gengar (Post 29583994)
TPE T1 and T2 are connected airside.

But it is a long walk. There is also an automated train.

lolstebbo Mar 30, 2018 9:30 am

Originally Posted by TPJ (Post 29584156)
But it is a long walk. There is also an automated train.

Sterile-side, it's only on the arrivals level.

flyerjc23 Mar 30, 2018 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by jackson112233 (Post 29579438)

so I can use any of the star alliance lounges as long as I am flying business on Thai Airways?

kalderlake Mar 30, 2018 3:23 pm

You might check here:

Lounges - Star Alliance

kkjay77 Mar 30, 2018 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by flyerjc23 (Post 29585116)
so I can use any of the star alliance lounges as long as I am flying business on Thai Airways?

Looks like you can get to T2 airside, so you'll have access to EVA Infinity Lounge which is for *A Business class pax and SQ SKL.

evergrn Mar 31, 2018 12:35 am

Personally I'd definitely choose Silverkris Lounge over EVA Star/Infinity. I find the food spread at SQ lounge in TPE to be much more palatable than EVA's. But SQ lounge is small, and I like the shower at Infinity.

flyerjc23 Mar 31, 2018 12:37 am

Originally Posted by evergrn (Post 29586462)
Personally I'd definitely choose Silverkris Lounge over EVA Star/Infinity. I find the food spread at SQ lounge in TPE to be much more palatable than EVA's. But SQ lounge is small, and I like the shower at Infinity.

Why not go to them all? ;)

Yoshi212 Jul 30, 2018 12:11 am

I have an upcoming J flight via TPE. Flying BR SFO-TPE then have an 11 hour daytime layover before flying BR to PVG, My plan is to leave the airport an tour around Taipei during the layover. Can I get to the lounge for a bite to eat and shower before heading into the city? I'm fine with having to clear any immigration and then reenter to get access.

If that isn't possible I've read the airport how showers available. Any experience if they're good to refresh?

asiadxer Jul 31, 2018 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Yoshi212 (Post 30026688)
I have an upcoming J flight via TPE. Flying BR SFO-TPE then have an 11 hour daytime layover before flying BR to PVG, My plan is to leave the airport an tour around Taipei during the layover. Can I get to the lounge for a bite to eat and shower before heading into the city? I'm fine with having to clear any immigration and then reenter to get access.

Yes you can access the lounge as long as you have the TPE-PVG boarding pass which should be given to you at SFO. Just follow the transit security to go upstairs to the lounges. After your shower and quick bite, just go down through the transit security area to the arrival hall. Tell the security you want to go to the transit desk (just behind the security wall), then go to immigration.
I have done these several times.

capin Aug 29, 2018 12:28 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to add a question to this. I am flying ORD-TPE-BKK in PE in November. I have no star alliance status but I have OWE. If I sign up for a status challenge in October with United Mileage plus will I be able to access the Eva Lounges please? The United documentation seems a little ambiguous.

Thanks,

Yoshi212 Aug 29, 2018 4:57 pm

If you satisfy the requirements of the challenge before the flights and the match is to at least Premier Gold you'd have access to the Star lounge in TPE which is specifically for Star Alliance Gold members traveling.

Originally Posted by capin (Post 30144466)
Hi,

I just wanted to add a question to this. I am flying ORD-TPE-BKK in PE in November. I have no star alliance status but I have OWE. If I sign up for a status challenge in October with United Mileage plus will I be able to access the Eva Lounges please? The United documentation seems a little ambiguous.

Thanks,