Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA AIR 2018 Outlook/Future Fleet Plans

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:35 am

Lucky for us! I assume that first plane has a special livery, although I wonder if the scheme will be altered for subsequent deliveries too.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
BR was recently “invited” by the Vietnamese government to open up a route to Da Nang. Preparations for a potential launch have already been started. They would launch with A321 aircraft if it were to happen.

New Taipei, EVA Air partnering to tap into Vietnam tourism market | Economics | FOCUS TAIWAN - CNA ENGLISH NEWS
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
From the article above...

About 40 percent of the passengers that travel on EVA from Vietnam to Taiwan are in transit to North America, where the carrier operates 82 flights per week, Ke said.
60% O&D on flights between Taiwan and Vietnam is actually quite impressive. I would have guessed the transit % was higher. I wonder what the % is on flights between Taiwan and Thailand.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

This year, EVA Air has quietly been adjusting their fuel surcharge per pax because of "rising fuel costs per barrel"(Formosa Petrochemical now charges USD95.73 a barrel). The new cost is now USD17.5 for shorthaul(intra-Asia) and USD45.50 for longhaul.

17.5 was what HKG/MFM were adjusted to back in January. Previously, the longhaul surcharge was only USD40; however, the new cost/barrel for pax is now 44.18, hence the decision to raise it to 45.50. The company proclaims that they are eating 83% and 60% of the cost respectively and only charging pax the remaining cost!

Official Press Release(In Chinese)
????????????????????? - ???? | ??
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:28 pm

What about Atlanta

Atlanta resident here. Eva flies cargo here already, what’s the word on nonstop flights between TPE and Atlanta?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:56 pm

TPE to ATL route?

Originally Posted by Ashley Chen
Atlanta resident here. Eva flies cargo here already, what’s the word on nonstop flights between TPE and Atlanta?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by bzcat
60% O&D on flights between Taiwan and Vietnam is actually quite impressive. I would have guessed the transit % was higher. I wonder what the % is on flights between Taiwan and Thailand.
That's not what the paragraph implies. Those on that segment could be going to other EVA destinations. It only states that 40% of them go to NA.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

A better look, from a Facebook Group
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: BR *G, Aeroplan, AA, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yrs
I, personally, would like them to start service to IAD, and to destinations in India. Wishful thinking?
Would love to see IAD service as well. Any developments since their announcement of a potential IAD route a couple years ago?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
one of BR's 777 (b-16717) is now operated by Air New Zealand under a short-term dry lease. details are not open to public. I guess there is definitely a over-capacity for BR.

Wondering if they will ever get to fly those extra flights to PVG (with slots previously owned by GE), given the tense relationship between Taiwan and China right now... These would have been good use of the 777s at their hands.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingeverywhere1
one of BR's 777 (b-16717) is now operated by Air New Zealand under a short-term dry lease. details are not open to public. I guess there is definitely a over-capacity for BR.

Wondering if they will ever get to fly those extra flights to PVG (with slots previously owned by GE), given the tense relationship between Taiwan and China right now... These would have been good use of the 777s at their hands.
They are partially using the route award. BR started an extra flight on Fridays(TPE-PVG).

Regarding the leased 777, current contract only has it operating till the end of October.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Due to delays with the 787s seats, the first flight has been pushed back for end of August at the earliest. Sources say the aircraft is missing it's RL cabin(so Boeing did not install the galley either). Delivery is now scheduled for end Sept/early Oct. and BR has pushed back the loading of the 787 into the schedule/GDS until they have a definitive date.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: AAdvantage
BNE will get the 333 from Dec. 1! Some flat beds in business and nicer screen in economy! Finally some positive changes coming to this route..
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingeverywhere1
BNE will get the 333 from Dec. 1! Some flat beds in business and nicer screen in economy! Finally some positive changes coming to this route..
Newest A333s recently got crew rest installed(makeshift with the curtains) and FA's certified. Looks like it will finally come to use!

Mgmt. ended certification training and renewal training for A332 crew rest back in Oct of last year, which means they are slowly running out of crew able to staff longhaul ops on the A332.

A332 are about to go out the door. They recently paid all of them off and they are now free of financing.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

787 Update:
Seats won't arrive till middle of this month at the earliest. Aircraft will be test-flown and delivered then, the 2nd 787 should not have any issues with the seats(could change).

Ground Handling Changes:
LAX - Below the wing service switches from Menzies to WFS
SFO - Above wing service switches from Hallmark(used since they started SFO) to Pacific Aviation. Based on my experience with PacAv, they are horrible. The Hallmark employees worked for a very long time with BR. What a shame. The station manager is very unhappy with PacAv, wheelchair pax reportedly have to wait almost 1 hour every night for wheelchairs because PacAv is short staffed.
HKG - Below the wing cargo service switches back to HACTL

Route adjustments:
TPE-SDJ has increased frequencies in Oct/Nov
TPE-AOJ charters will happen in Nov

Crew Allocation:
BR now allocates only 6 crew onto the A321(was 8).

Crew Count:
According to the latest manpower numbers provided, BR has put a hiring freeze on flight attendants and the # of flight attendants has dropped YoY by about 400.

Last edited by hayzel7773; Sep 5, 2018 at 7:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.