Community
Wiki Posts
Search

wanted: eva air hello kitty amenities

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:14 am
Suspended

The reason why EVA are not selling Kitty amenities and are patrolling against stealing on board is because these items are copyright protected, and a Japanese firm own the copyright. EVA have to pay the license fee to use the Kitty image on any of their products, so the supply is limited. It is not like EVA can order as many as they want for the public demand. Since the Kitty is such a big success for EVA, I can image the Japanese firm raised their license fee quite a bit year after year.

Last edited by Mama; Mar 31, 2018 at 12:30 pm
Old Mar 17, 2018, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Was it a hello kitty flight? Bad Badtz Maru does not offer special toilet paper. I had it on my trip last week to SIN on Shining Star.
Two HK flights in a week. No HK toilet paper in sight on either flight.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by bamboola
Interesting. Will check on my next HK flight(next week).
Old Mar 18, 2018, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bamboola
Toilet paper is the first thing down the toilet for cost cuts
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I really wish EVA would allow passengers to keep the menus. Reusing menus is kind of low-class. I keep getting dog-eared/scribbled-on HK menus.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I really wish EVA would allow passengers to keep the menus. Reusing menus is kind of low-class. I keep getting dog-eared/scribbled-on HK menus.
What a ridiculous comment. Airlines always reuse menus till they can't be used(too damaged or menu cycles). BR is not alone in this boat, airlines like SQ, EK, QR, EY etc etc all reuse menus over and over again. HK menus have a higher standard towards removal because of the high cost to print and the licensing and contractual terms associated with them.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
What a ridiculous comment. Airlines always reuse menus till they can't be used(too damaged or menu cycles). BR is not alone in this boat, airlines like SQ, EK, QR, EY etc etc all reuse menus over and over again. HK menus have a higher standard towards removal because of the high cost to print and the licensing and contractual terms associated with them.
You're entitled to your opinion. I just don't like getting menus that have obviously been used by a prior passenger, with dog ears, creases, folds, food stains or ink stains. When I fly SQ / EK for example, I do not have such problems (admittedly, I normally only fly those carriers in F).
Old Jun 30, 2018, 12:16 am

No experience w economy..as a biz passenger I was given free cards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.