Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air longhaul (TPAC) vs short haul flights within Asia

Old Feb 3, 2018, 6:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC

A colleague (and very close friend) and I have done, together, 10 TPAC flights with EVA Air just in 2018. Mostly for personal travel, some for work (for him). We both have noticed a serious decline in cabin attentiveness after "lights out" for TPAC flights, and crews that are mostly reactive (press the FA button for service, but otherwise they stay huddled in the galley). My experiences in 2018 for TPAC flights alone on EVA have been mediocre. Note: crews are friendly, but very passive. This was not my experience in years past, nor my friend's experience.

However, we both agreed that EVA flights from TPE onto Asian destinations (4 hour or so radius) have been staffed by incredibly attentive and friendly crew.

I wonder if others have experienced this?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder how much of this is related to FA attitude/morale given: BR7 and 8 (TPE/SFO): EVA flight attendants demand proper rest time in sit-in protest
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by username
I wonder how much of this is related to FA attitude/morale given: BR7 and 8 (TPE/SFO): EVA flight attendants demand proper rest time in sit-in protest
My thoughts exactly.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:51 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
10 TPAC flights with EVA Air just in 2018. \
Wow, if I'd actually done all that flying, I'd be super angry.

...I'd be Super Angry all the time, and nothing could ever change it!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by YOWgary

And inebriated. BR offers an excellent wine selection.
I have had no issues on my long hauls. Service on my connections onward are very much a reflection of the time of flight. The early morning flights to BKK and HKG are ok, but the late afternoon early evening flights can feature some tired crew.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YOWgary

I find it interesting that you and some others have continued to harp on this very topic.

As I have told your AC moderator several times, I am happy to disclose my full identity, inclusive of my passport information as long as it's a joint disclosure, but unfortunately I have been met with resistance with the local moderator deleting all of said posts.

That said, it has been a pleasure meeting with various Flyertalkers.

Last edited by longtimeflyin; Feb 21, 2018 at 4:56 am
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:21 pm

They're jokingly referring to another FlyerTalker, username "superangrypenguin" that flies EVA on a very regular basis.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
A colleague (and very close friend) and I have done, together, 10 TPAC flights with EVA Air just in 2018. Mostly for personal travel, some for work (for him). We both have noticed a serious decline in cabin attentiveness after "lights out" for TPAC flights, and crews that are mostly reactive (press the FA button for service, but otherwise they stay huddled in the galley). My experiences in 2018 for TPAC flights alone on EVA have been mediocre. Note: crews are friendly, but very passive. This was not my experience in years past, nor my friend's experience.

However, we both agreed that EVA flights from TPE onto Asian destinations (4 hour or so radius) have been staffed by incredibly attentive and friendly crew.

I wonder if others have experienced this?
I have been flying BR at least 3 times in RL a year from SFO to China/Singapore.

My experience at least since 2006 is that red eye flight BR attendant simply disappeared after lights out post dinner service. Usually dinner service on BR17 usually quiet rushed. But I really didnt mind since I usually passed out after wine and dinner.

Back in 2016, because I booked late and ended up taking BR5 out of LAX. The service was quiet different and that I was first time I saw an EVA Air meal cart. Service was quiet attentive.

I think its normal for red eye out of US. And personally I prefer they dont walk around and wake me up. I prefer my sleep.

longtimeflyin likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.