Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wrong name order on flight booking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Wrong name order on flight booking

I booked some tickets with EVA Air a few hours ago (London-Taipei return via Bangkok), and somehow (sleep deprivation) I entered my surname and my first name the wrong way around, and didn't notice until after I'd paid. I called the ticket office*, and they said they added a note to the booking saying that the names are reversed - but the agent also said that I can also swap my name if I want, for a $50 fee.

My question is, is the $50 change necessary, or will the note on the booking suffice? Will I encounter any problems at check-in / immigration?
The spelling is completely correct, it's just the order that's wrong. I have a quite rare name as well so I doubt they'll try to make the case that it's somebody else trying to use the ticket...

Thank you so much in advance!

* - the UK ticket office is closed on weekends, so I called the US one instead. They did say to double check with the UK one, but I don't see the UK being stricter on this than the US, there aren't even any passport exit checks here.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:48 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk. keattaek. I am moving your Thread to the Eva Air Forum (Airline Programs). Please follow there,
Obscure2K
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:40 am

I made the same mistake before and there I encountered no problems. I called the ticket office and they told me the same thing, made a note to the booking. By the time I went to the check-in counter, I had completely forgotten and the boarding pass was still issued with the name reversed, but had absolutely no problems with security, immigration, etc. Round trip ticket too.

YMMV, but my experience was fine.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by erics2356
I made the same mistake before and there I encountered no problems. I called the ticket office and they told me the same thing, made a note to the booking. By the time I went to the check-in counter, I had completely forgotten and the boarding pass was still issued with the name reversed, but had absolutely no problems with security, immigration, etc. Round trip ticket too.

YMMV, but my experience was fine.
Thanks so much, that's a really reassuring response. Was this with EVA Air too?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by keattaek
Thanks so much, that's a really reassuring response. Was this with EVA Air too?
It doesn't matter which airline it's with - I'm not aware of any carrier that will deny boarding just because you got your first and last names in the wrong order.

Enjoy your flight
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:33 am

Yes on EVA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.