Wiki Posts
Search

Onboard Product Changes Starting 1/2018

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Dave510
1. Downgrade. The current menu design looks much better. Hope the excellent tablecloth isn't changed...
New design is by JL Design, a local company.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
In new Laurel, the change from the old yellow linens with Green EVA embroidery was a downgrade as the new Orange variety have less absorbancy and are fare too polyesterish. The old lines were of excellent quality and made for a nice head rest cover as well. EVA has had some of the best slippers on the market with each version being an improvement. The previous green ones were upgraded with additional foam in the heel when they brown versions were introduced a couple years ago. Closed toe slippers are safer as they stay on the feet. If open toed, people will be slipping and ripping them apart quickly. I have noticed an introduction of new crockery in the last year which is nicer. EVA continues to move forward with his quality enhancements which put it well above the competitors on its North American and European routes.
With the changes, China Airlines will be further left behind to fight it out with other low end carriers like Air Canada, United, BA etc. while EVA sets the standard for quality.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by Cameron38
The current closed toe slippers are useless for anyone with a shoe size bigger than about 8.
Agree, I can't use them at all and i'm just a size 12.5.
hayzel7773 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
In new Laurel, the change from the old yellow linens with Green EVA embroidery was a downgrade as the new Orange variety have less absorbancy and are fare too polyesterish. The old lines were of excellent quality and made for a nice head rest cover as well. EVA has had some of the best slippers on the market with each version being an improvement. The previous green ones were upgraded with additional foam in the heel when they brown versions were introduced a couple years ago. Closed toe slippers are safer as they stay on the feet. If open toed, people will be slipping and ripping them apart quickly. I have noticed an introduction of new crockery in the last year which is nicer. EVA continues to move forward with his quality enhancements which put it well above the competitors on its North American and European routes.
With the changes, China Airlines will be further left behind to fight it out with other low end carriers like Air Canada, United, BA etc. while EVA sets the standard for quality.
I’d agree if not for CI’s far superior cabin.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:53 am

Is the champagne lfrom TPE->ORD permanently "downgraded" from Krug to Grande Dame?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by kpottermn

I’d agree if not for CI’s far superior cabin.

Explain? I don't agree that the CI cabin is superior to BR.
BuBu4 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Explain? I don't agree that the CI cabin is superior to BR.
Aesthetically, there are few J cabins better than CI. That’s objective, of course.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by kpottermn
Does this mean the tablecloth is changing as well? Thought the same designer was responsible for menus and tablecloth.
On yesterday's/today's BR61 TPE-VIE via BKK the tablecloth was still the same "old" design, as were the pyjamas and slippers (black), only the menu changed.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AUA772
On yesterday's/today's BR61 TPE-VIE via BKK the tablecloth was still the same "old" design, as were the pyjamas and slippers (black), only the menu changed.
It’ll take some time for outstations. However, I would not be surprised if their “starting 1/1” meant something in the press release would start on the first!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by hayzel7773

It’ll take some time for outstations. However, I would not be surprised if their “starting 1/1” meant something in the press release would start on the first!
Will report back on my upcoming flight on Saturday BR35.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by hayzel7773

I bet they'll deplete the stock of black pyjamas and slippers first before starting to distribute new ones.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
I think it makes sense that EVA will use up there current stock of Pyjamas and slippers around there network before issuing the new ones.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Additional PE Changes

New sparkling wine introduced in PE cabin.

Perelada STARS Brut & Brut 2015 "Cava"
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by AUA772
I bet they'll deplete the stock of black pyjamas and slippers first before starting to distribute new ones.
Seems to be the plan. My TPE-IAH flight on 1/1 had the black and white pajamas and black slippers.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:31 am

Does PE also give out amenity kits?
I cant find that on the Eva Air website.

Tks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.