Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Speedy Immigration - Frequent Foreign Visitor

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

I applied on-line for the Frequent Foreign Visitor speedy immigration program (3 visits in the last year). Approval was immediate.
According to the directions, you print the certificate, and you can use it, along with your passport, at the Speedy Immigration desk. I think the Speedy Immigration desk is to the right of the Taiwan Citizen desks.

Anyone have experience using the Speedy Immigration Line?
https://niaspeedy.immigration.gov.tw/

I'll try Speedy Immigration before deciding if I want to pay $100 to get e-gate.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by richmke
I applied on-line for the Frequent Foreign Visitor speedy immigration program (3 visits in the last year). Approval was immediate.
According to the directions, you print the certificate, and you can use it, along with your passport, at the Speedy Immigration desk. I think the Speedy Immigration desk is to the right of the Taiwan Citizen desks.

Anyone have experience using the Speedy Immigration Line?
https://niaspeedy.immigration.gov.tw/

I'll try Speedy Immigration before deciding if I want to pay $100 to get e-gate.
This is about right, but the speedy immigration desk is sometimes to the LEFT of the citizen desks, and the line can also be used by citizens. You have to look at the flashing sign at the top, and since the line also includes some other special categories, it may take a few seconds for it to flash "Speedy Immigration." The process is exactly the same as the regular line for foreigners, except you show the agent a printout of your speedy approval certificate.

If you are eligible for speedy immigration, I'm not sure whether e-gate would be worthwhile as the speedy line is usually quite fast. Now something to get a faster path through security is a different story, but as has been discussed on other threads the airport authority doesn't seem to want to do this (or can't due to space constraints).
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by east_west
This is about right, but the speedy immigration desk is sometimes to the LEFT of the citizen desks, and the line can also be used by citizens. You have to look at the flashing sign at the top, and since the line also includes some other special categories, it may take a few seconds for it to flash "Speedy Immigration." The process is exactly the same as the regular line for foreigners, except you show the agent a printout of your speedy approval certificate.

If you are eligible for speedy immigration, I'm not sure whether e-gate would be worthwhile as the speedy line is usually quite fast. Now something to get a faster path through security is a different story, but as has been discussed on other threads the airport authority doesn't seem to want to do this (or can't due to space constraints).
Do you still have to fill out the immigration card for egate?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by BlackHappy
No, but you must complete an online program similar to ESTA before entering Taiwan when using E-gate. The interviewer kept stressing this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: BA, CX, OZ
In my own experience:

Arrival: Always quick and straightforward with max. 3/4 Taiwanese in queue in front of me, rarely other speedy immigration users. Could be slower than the e-gates by a couple minutes but IMO not worth the extra buck.

Departure: Don't remember any particular instances in T2, but in T1 where I mainly depart from they mix it in with the courtesy lane (for family with infants/small children etc) so a lot of times its actually quicker to pass through regular lanes

Its also interesting to note that all agents I've encountered using Speedy Immigration were nice enough to browse through and find space in my passport's existing used pages, rather than opting to stamp on a new page ^

Anyhow, when departing TPE its usually the massive security queue that I'm concerned about.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by richmke
On my recent trips through immigration at T2, the desk eligible for Speedy Immigration has always been the leftmost citizen desk, adjacent to the non-citizen desks.

The problem with the desk eligible for Speedy Immigration is that it is a combo desk that also processes citizens, so there is always the risk of a line. On my last trip through immigration, there were 6-7 people in front of me. Certainly, there have been times I've gone through when there has been no queue at the citizen desks at all.

Originally Posted by BlackHappy
According to the NIA website, members of Taiwan's GE reciprocity program will still have to fill out an immigration card each time they enter Taiwan.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Only 3 and they approved you for Speedy?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by wlau
Only 3 and they approved you for Speedy?
Your approval does not hinge upon the # of visits. 3 is just the minimum. Speedy approval is instantaneous anyways, never heard of them rejecting someone. Speedy is was created for frequent visitors(Business travelers, those visiting relatives etc.) and therefore, the only real requirement is to visit the minimum amount. It's still the same immigration process with fingerprinting and pictures.

Last edited by hayzel7773; Nov 30, 2017 at 7:56 pm
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:19 pm

For Speedy, the three visits have to be within the previous 12 month rolling window.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:42 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by MrChrisC
Anyhow, when departing TPE its usually the massive security queue that I'm concerned about.
I can recall only once of twice it had been really bad. Otherwise much better than sometimes in Bangkok, for example. Not as quick as Hong Kong, however.
At the same time arrival immigration queues at TPE tend to be enormous, may take more than an hour (!). Last years I use e-Gate, but still witness the length of queues.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by MrChrisC

APEC Business Travel card is your best bet to bypass the security queue.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I plan on applying for the Speedy Immigration (not eligible for APEC business travel)/

Next trip I am flying in to TSA as my point of arrival from Japan. I assume they also have Speedy Immigration desks?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by mapleg
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I plan on applying for the Speedy Immigration (not eligible for APEC business travel)/

Next trip I am flying in to TSA as my point of arrival from Japan. I assume they also have Speedy Immigration desks?
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.