FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands-761/)
-   -   BR23 SEA-TPE cancelled after March 2018 ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands/1868519-br23-sea-tpe-cancelled-after-march-2018-a.html)

sunil Sep 23, 2017 8:11 pm

BR23 SEA-TPE cancelled after March 2018 ?

I had booked a couple of award seats which got cancelled. Does anyone know if this is seasonal or perm ?:mad:

hayzel7773 Sep 23, 2017 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by sunil (Post 28851496)
I had booked a couple of award seats which got cancelled. Does anyone know if this is seasonal or perm ?:mad:

Indeed, it has been removed from the schedule. Surpised it took them that long. Yields are total garbage.

tai4de2 Sep 25, 2017 5:03 pm

Totally predictable.

ru035p4fu6 Oct 16, 2017 9:14 am

now it also cancels flight BR23/24 for the whole W17... except some holiday flights where there is demand

longtimeflyin Oct 16, 2017 12:24 pm

Anybody have any insights what other routes have been pulled from Taiwan to North America?

hayzel7773 Oct 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin (Post 28939205)
Anybody have any insights what other routes have been pulled from Taiwan to North America?

SEA still has the nighttime BR25/26.

Other than that, capacity reductions for ORD and IAH and that is it.

Capacity increase for SFO though!

tai4de2 Oct 16, 2017 11:58 pm

I am almost glad to see the daytime Seattle flight disappear. I would definitely not have wanted to see EVA discovering the market for such a flight and "helpfully" eliminating the nighttime flight in favor of the more "convenient" daytime flight. (Something like this actually happened with Asiana -- my first experience ex. Seattle was a nighttime flight. Eventually they changed to a daytime flight instead.)

hayzel7773 Oct 17, 2017 12:24 am

Originally Posted by tai4de2 (Post 28941368)
I am almost glad to see the daytime Seattle flight disappear. I would definitely not have wanted to see EVA discovering the market for such a flight and "helpfully" eliminating the nighttime flight in favor of the more "convenient" daytime flight. (Something like this actually happened with Asiana -- my first experience ex. Seattle was a nighttime flight. Eventually they changed to a daytime flight instead.)

EVA and CI seem to do better with nighttime flights but aircraft utilization wise, it is a terrible schedule.

Asquared1 Oct 17, 2017 7:18 am

Originally Posted by hayzel7773 (Post 28941427)
EVA and CI seem to do better with nighttime flights but aircraft utilization wise, it is a terrible schedule.

Why? It puts the plane in TPE in time to handle an early morning flight back to NA or onward to Asia.

hayzel7773 Oct 17, 2017 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Asquared1 (Post 28942344)
Why? It puts the plane in TPE in time to handle an early morning flight back to NA or onward to Asia.

When they land at out stations, they can be parked for 4+ hours with no mx or anything.

Its ok for IAH, YYZ, and JFK but really bad for west coast.

Bear4Asian Oct 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by tai4de2 (Post 28941368)

I don’t understand why you think a daytime flight is not convenient. I’ve taken the flight several times and the timing worked out very well. I’d much rather not have to go to the airport at midnight.

SilverChris Oct 17, 2017 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Bear4Asian (Post 28943921)
I don’t understand why you think a daytime flight is not convenient. I’ve taken the flight several times and the timing worked out very well. I’d much rather not have to go to the airport at midnight.

It's not great if you're connecting to another Asian city.

bocastephen Oct 20, 2017 6:44 am

Originally Posted by SilverChris (Post 28944836)
It's not great if you're connecting to another Asian city.

Seems perfectly fine for other airlines - for example NH departs daytime, arrives NRT in the mid afternoon with plenty of time to connect onwards around dinner time. I need to arrive in the evening so I can get to sleep and be back to normal (no jetlag) the following morning.

I personally can't stand a westbound redeye, and I'm not alone.

kpottermn Oct 20, 2017 7:02 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 28955248)
Seems perfectly fine for other airlines - for example NH departs daytime, arrives NRT in the mid afternoon with plenty of time to connect onwards around dinner time. I need to arrive in the evening so I can get to sleep and be back to normal (no jetlag) the following morning.

Whereas I'll take an overnight redeye every single time, so I love that about EVA's scheduling. Different strokes.

SilverChris Oct 20, 2017 10:12 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 28955248)

To each his own :)

I also know plenty of people who don't like westbound day flights, nor do they like arriving so late at night.

People deal with jetlag differently, but on westbound TPAC flights you'll have to force yourself to stay awake at some point - arriving at the crack of dawn and pulling through the day, or onboard the connecting flight after a daytime departure from North America.