BR23 SEA-TPE cancelled after March 2018 ?

Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

BR23 SEA-TPE cancelled after March 2018 ?

I had booked a couple of award seats which got cancelled. Does anyone know if this is seasonal or perm ?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by sunil
I had booked a couple of award seats which got cancelled. Does anyone know if this is seasonal or perm ?
Indeed, it has been removed from the schedule. Surpised it took them that long. Yields are total garbage.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Totally predictable.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:14 am

now it also cancels flight BR23/24 for the whole W17... except some holiday flights where there is demand
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Anybody have any insights what other routes have been pulled from Taiwan to North America?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Anybody have any insights what other routes have been pulled from Taiwan to North America?
SEA still has the nighttime BR25/26.

Other than that, capacity reductions for ORD and IAH and that is it.

Capacity increase for SFO though!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I am almost glad to see the daytime Seattle flight disappear. I would definitely not have wanted to see EVA discovering the market for such a flight and "helpfully" eliminating the nighttime flight in favor of the more "convenient" daytime flight. (Something like this actually happened with Asiana -- my first experience ex. Seattle was a nighttime flight. Eventually they changed to a daytime flight instead.)
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by tai4de2
I am almost glad to see the daytime Seattle flight disappear. I would definitely not have wanted to see EVA discovering the market for such a flight and "helpfully" eliminating the nighttime flight in favor of the more "convenient" daytime flight. (Something like this actually happened with Asiana -- my first experience ex. Seattle was a nighttime flight. Eventually they changed to a daytime flight instead.)
EVA and CI seem to do better with nighttime flights but aircraft utilization wise, it is a terrible schedule.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
EVA and CI seem to do better with nighttime flights but aircraft utilization wise, it is a terrible schedule.
Why? It puts the plane in TPE in time to handle an early morning flight back to NA or onward to Asia.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Asquared1
Why? It puts the plane in TPE in time to handle an early morning flight back to NA or onward to Asia.
When they land at out stations, they can be parked for 4+ hours with no mx or anything.

Its ok for IAH, YYZ, and JFK but really bad for west coast.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by tai4de2
I don’t understand why you think a daytime flight is not convenient. I’ve taken the flight several times and the timing worked out very well. I’d much rather not have to go to the airport at midnight.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Bear4Asian
I don’t understand why you think a daytime flight is not convenient. I’ve taken the flight several times and the timing worked out very well. I’d much rather not have to go to the airport at midnight.
It's not great if you're connecting to another Asian city.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SilverChris
It's not great if you're connecting to another Asian city.
Seems perfectly fine for other airlines - for example NH departs daytime, arrives NRT in the mid afternoon with plenty of time to connect onwards around dinner time. I need to arrive in the evening so I can get to sleep and be back to normal (no jetlag) the following morning.

I personally can't stand a westbound redeye, and I'm not alone.
Bear4Asian likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Seems perfectly fine for other airlines - for example NH departs daytime, arrives NRT in the mid afternoon with plenty of time to connect onwards around dinner time. I need to arrive in the evening so I can get to sleep and be back to normal (no jetlag) the following morning.

Whereas I'll take an overnight redeye every single time, so I love that about EVA's scheduling. Different strokes.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by bocastephen

To each his own

I also know plenty of people who don't like westbound day flights, nor do they like arriving so late at night.

People deal with jetlag differently, but on westbound TPAC flights you'll have to force yourself to stay awake at some point - arriving at the crack of dawn and pulling through the day, or onboard the connecting flight after a daytime departure from North America.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.