Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hello Kitty Route Changes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: UA Gold/*G, Marriott/SPG Gold Elite
Originally Posted by kpottermn
Anyone ever get confirmation that EVA is shifting HK out of ORD?
There is no set date yet but will be swapped out. Rumor is it'll go to LAX next.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Really hope it lasts ex-ORD through early March.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by foppishbum
There is no set date yet but will be swapped out. Rumor is it'll go to LAX next.
If this rumor is true, expect HK to be shifted off of the Singapore route.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:31 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Looking to use a Mileage Plus award to visit Singapore and Bali next June.

Of course one of the options is BR, to fly to SIN directly or to fly TPE-DPS.

I could buy a separate ticket for SIN-DPS or I can try to go to Bali first on the outbound on that TPE-DPS segment.

I think it's like a 5-hour flight and we know the A330s in the BR fleet don't have lie flats.

Is this flight tolerable in J for that length of time? Or would I be better off just buying my own SIN-DPS round trip and just use SFO-SIN for the TPAC as a round-trip?

I wondered about originating from DPS on the return but then the routing is horrible, like it takes over 30 hours with long layovers, so outbound is the only possibility.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Smaller screens, older product but soft product are the same. It's just that the seats are not exactly modern seating.
Rather than starting a whole new thread: Do the bulkhead seats in PL on newer a333s have larger footwells?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Rather than starting a whole new thread: Do the bulkhead seats in PL on newer a333s have larger footwells?
I don't think so. It may feel bigger since it isn't curved but there are closets built into the side so they maintain the same size(possibly even smaller).

The footwell is still built under the screen to maximize space for the first row.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:57 am

I don't think so. It may feel bigger since it isn't curved but there are closets built into the side so they maintain the same size(possibly even smaller).

The footwell is still built under the screen to maximize space for the first row.
Supremely helpful as always. Thank you
Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Huh. I will definitely inquire with the CP on my next flight.

Interesting way to cut costs...
Hey Hayzel, I saw on another thread you had some updates on EVA cost cutting. Any word on the ORD flight being Hello Kitty in one or both directions?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: DL Gold
Curious what excites people about the HK flights. Do you just love HK or is there something more to it?

Not to demean those who do like HK, but I'd much prefer not to have that imagery all up in my face during a 14 hour flight.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I didn't realize that ORD<->TPE was a Hello Kitty flight. I am booked on it at the end of December.

I guess it will be a bit of a novelty, though I wouldn't go out of my way to book it. From my cursory look, it doesn't seem to be such a big deal in Royal Laurel anyway.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I didn't realize that ORD<->TPE was a Hello Kitty flight. I am booked on it at the end of December.

I guess it will be a bit of a novelty, though I wouldn't go out of my way to book it. From my cursory look, it doesn't seem to be such a big deal in Royal Laurel anyway.
Not all ORD flights are Hello Kitty. Check http://www.evakitty.com/en/flight/timetable.aspx to see.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Not all ORD flights are Hello Kitty. Check http://www.evakitty.com/en/flight/timetable.aspx to see.
Yes, thank you. I did realize that not all flights are HK, but mine is currently showing as EVA Special Livery Jets - with the pink ribbon.

Should be interesting experience...
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Taoyuan
Hey Hayzel, I saw on another thread you had some updates on EVA cost cutting. Any word on the ORD flight being Hello Kitty in one or both directions?
HK timetable as of 1/1/18 shows no more HK jets ex-ORD, but still shows HK jets for TPE-ORD... so who knows?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:58 am

See my post from October 7 above for explanation.

HK timetable as of 1/1/18 shows no more HK jets ex-ORD, but still shows HK jets for TPE-ORD... so who knows?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by bamboola
See my post from October 7 above for explanation
Missed this before, thanks. Odd that the timetable still shows it as an HK jet ex-TPE. EVA told me it is still scheduled 3x weekly out of ORD but that may have been just for the present.

Hope your rep was right. Not sure I can handle 15 hours of Hello Kitty next summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.