Miles for flight change due to Typhoon?

Old Sep 14, 17, 4:53 am

Miles for flight change due to Typhoon?

My Wednesday flight on EVA was cancelled due to Typhoon Talim. They offered to fly me out on Monday, and I said that wouldn't work, and I would rather cancel instead. I was only going to be gone a week.

Since I was only changing planes in TPE, I had other options. Eventually they put me on KE. I am still on EVA for the return flight.

Questions:

1) I booked Elite class but only received Economy class on KE (they don't have premium economy on KE). Am I entitled to a refund of the fare difference?

2) Do I still get EVA miles for the flight? If I had booked KE originally, I don't think I could have earned EVA miles.

Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 17, 3:24 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by richmke View Post
My Wednesday flight on EVA was cancelled due to Typhoon Talim. They offered to fly me out on Monday, and I said that wouldn't work, and I would rather cancel instead. I was only going to be gone a week.

Since I was only changing planes in TPE, I had other options. Eventually they put me on KE. I am still on EVA for the return flight.

Questions:

1) I booked Elite class but only received Economy class on KE (they don't have premium economy on KE). Am I entitled to a refund of the fare difference?

2) Do I still get EVA miles for the flight? If I had booked KE originally, I don't think I could have earned EVA miles.

Thanks.
You can try to get a refund but I highly doubt they will issue one as the flight was cancelled for weather and you refused their offer to fly you out on Monday.

Search this Thread