Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Royal Laurel not "best business" as OMAAT states

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Laurel not "best business" as OMAAT states

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by jbb
I am in a similar position having booked an award in EVA RL from JFK-TPE-SIN and have enjoyed reading this thread. I have been really looking forward to trying EVA for the first time after reading OMAAT's glowing reviews. They really make it seem like the Taiwanese carriers have upped their business class to be comparable with the long-established industry leaders in Asia (CX, SQ, NH, JL). I've mainly flown SQ over the passed few years when I was based out of Singapore. For this award trip though, I'm flying BR than TG and finally OZ on the return.
One thing to consider is that OMAAT had a Bravo TV crew in tow with him on his most recent BR flights. The crew might have upped their game accordingly, and maybe even knew about it in advance.

Either way, seems clear that it's a better-than-average business class product. I'm excited to book it.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:12 pm
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
Originally Posted by kpottermn
One thing to consider is that OMAAT had a Bravo TV crew in tow with him on his most recent BR flights. The crew might have upped their game accordingly, and maybe even knew about it in advance.

Either way, seems clear that it's a better-than-average business class product. I'm excited to book it.
I'm excited to try the inverse herringbone for the first time. I've mainly flown LH, SQ, AC and UA for my J over the past decade so have not had a chance to try this style of seat yet.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by kpottermn
ROFL, I didn't know that. That explains everything. The posts I read never mentioned it - can never trust these blogs.

Originally Posted by jbb
I'm excited to try the inverse herringbone for the first time. I've mainly flown LH, SQ, AC and UA for my J over the past decade so have not had a chance to try this style of seat yet.
Just to note AC uses B/E Super Diamond, which is also reverse herringbone, in the 777/787 for the last couple years - not sure if you flew that.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by gengar
ROFL, I didn't know that. That explains everything. The posts I read never mentioned it - can never trust these blogs.
He mentions at the top of the blog a major project in the works that he'll talk about in the future. I'm sure Bravo swore him to secrecy until they were ready to release.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:25 am
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
Originally Posted by gengar
Just to note AC uses B/E Super Diamond, which is also reverse herringbone, in the 777/787 for the last couple years - not sure if you flew that.
Yeah, I was referring to AC's old-style standard herringbone seat. Flew a lot of that on their 767s.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
My EVA RL flight ranks up there as one of the best flights ever.
The purser and FAs were fantastic. FAs, young, pretty & caring.
The food (ordered in advance), great.
Pajamas, amenity kits, very nice.
Champagne and wine, fantastic.
The quality of menu, tablecloth, napkins, plates, etc., top notch.
The attention to little details made the flight special.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.