United SAUA on EVA- which class

Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
United SAUA on EVA- which class

I remember somewhere that to use UA website to check SAUA upgrade is looking at I class.

But someone that i know is stating that if EVA shows Z class also means United SAUA will clear. Is that the case?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by krispykrme
I remember somewhere that to use UA website to check SAUA upgrade is looking at I class.

But someone that i know is stating that if EVA shows Z class also means United SAUA will clear. Is that the case?
I dont know about SAUA but I know Z class is the class used for mileage upgrades to RL by their own FFPs.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
I dont know about SAUA but I know Z class is the class used for mileage upgrades to RL by their own FFPs.
That is also my understanding as well
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought you are supposed to look for Z but it books into I?

Here is the thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...eage-plus.html

Last edited by username; Feb 3, 2017 at 1:30 am
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: A3 *G
I just did this last week and it's showing Z class on my booking info.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Z class is correct. BR phone agents will insist there is different inventory for *A and their own elites, but both book into Z, although they may have a subset of Z in a different class held for their elites that subsequently books into Z when redeemed.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:11 pm

I'm having trouble trying to use a SAUA for my TPE-SFO leg.

I booked a rt EVA B class Economy ticket from SFO-TPE from 12/27/17 - 1/14/18 and was able to use a SAUA upgrade for my 12/27/17 SFO-TPE leg (SAUA upgraded successfully on 2/3/17). The return leg of 1/14/18, however, was outside of the 331 day window listed on United's SAUA page when I initially tried to upgrade on 2/3/17.

Once I got within the 331 day window a few days ago, I tried upgrading my 1/14/18 TPE-SFO leg, but it keeps giving me an:

We were unable to complete your request due to a technical problem. In the U.S. and Canada call 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331) within the U.S. or Canada, elsewhere use the local phone number. (Error code: 110)

It was able to find my flight itinerary, but the odd thing is that it shows 0 miles to upgrade instead of the expected 30k miles.

I tried calling EVA and confirmed that there are Z-class upgradeable seats. I called United multiple times and have gotten the following replies:

1. Something is wrong with the system. We will file a high priority ticket. Please try again in 24hrs
2. The 331 day window just opened and we may just need some time for our systems to upgrade.
3. UA rep called EVA rep and confirmed everything for my itinerary looked fine for fare class and that there were upgradeable seats and that it should work. EVA rep thought that maybe because my Infinity Mileage FF # was on my itinerary that was confusing the system so they removed it, but still no luck.

Anyone encounter this problem before? The 0 miles thing is really confusing me. Thanks in advance!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.