Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Star member on Uni Air flight operated by EVA Air

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star member on Uni Air flight operated by EVA Air

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2016, 6:29 pm
tya
Original Poster

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Unhappy Star member on Uni Air flight operated by EVA Air

This may be an archaic question but I still want to check. I am looking into flying to Fuzhou from Taipei next summer. And as we know quite a number of secondary Chinese cities are served by BR and CI's subsidiaries (using two entities in an effort to acquire more traffic rights from the regulators), my flight to Fuzhou will happened to be an Uni Air B7-coded flight operated by Eva Air.

I am TK *G, but since it's Uni Air-coded, that means I will enjoy no Star Gold benefits at all, correct? Just want to double check.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by tya
This may be an archaic question but I still want to check. I am looking into flying to Fuzhou from Taipei next summer. And as we know quite a number of secondary Chinese cities are served by BR and CI's subsidiaries (using two entities in an effort to acquire more traffic rights from the regulators), my flight to Fuzhou will happened to be an Uni Air B7-coded flight operated by Eva Air.

I am TK *G, but since it's Uni Air-coded, that means I will enjoy no Star Gold benefits at all, correct? Just want to double check.
You do. It is codeshared with BR. If they say no, make a big fuss and they will give it to you. All B7 international flights have BR codes
Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:19 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
You do. It is codeshared with BR. If they say no, make a big fuss and they will give it to you. All B7 international flights have BR codes
However, B7 isn't part of Star Alliance though, only her big sister BR is.

One does not get Star Alliance benefits if flying on MI even with an SQ flight number.

I see you're BR Diamond, I'm sure you get BR benefits when flying B7 (since they are sharing the same program like how SQ/MI works). However, I don't believe you would get Star Alliance benefits if you were any other member (TK Gold, etc).
Old Dec 29, 2016, 8:14 am

Have you tried calling and asking? If they don't know, ask for a manager.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Though *A rules do not grant you such access, BR rules specifically state that *A status applies to UNI operated flights. Even *A silver applies at BR silver level.

If it was a codeshare on non UNI metal, that would make your status worthless despite a BR flight number.

How that works in the real world is another question.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by exwannabe
Though *A rules do not grant you such access, BR rules specifically state that *A status applies to UNI operated flights. Even *A silver applies at BR silver level.

If it was a codeshare on non UNI metal, that would make your status worthless despite a BR flight number.

How that works in the real world is another question.
Only international UNI Air flights get *G benefits!
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:57 am

Only international UNI Air flights get *G benefits!
Is that not international?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...BR rules specifically state that *A status applies to UNI operated flights...
I am not sure where you saw this. My guess is:

http://www.evaair.com/en-global/infi...nd-privileges/

and my interpretation of that is it says BR Silver = *A Silver, BR Gold = *A Gold and BR Diamond = *A Gold and that BR Silver/Gold/Diamond get benefits on B7. It does not say what benefits *A Silver and Gold have on BR or B7.

My logic is that it would not say "(Star Alliance Gold Card)" under both Gold and Diamond if it meant *A Gold get the benefits.

So, if a non-BR *A member flies on B7 ticketed and operated flights, there is no benefit according to my logic. The gray area now is OP has a B7 ticket operated by BR...

Last edited by username; Dec 30, 2016 at 10:16 pm
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by username

B7 ticketed and operated flights, there is no benefit according to my logic. The gray area now is OP has a B7 ticket operated by BR...
I was assuming the OP was sloppy and he has an BR code on B7 metal despite what he posted. So many swap the proper the meaning of the terms that I normally just assume what is natural.

Does BR even fly this?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 7:34 pm

http://www.evaair.com/en-global/infi...nd-privileges/

and my interpretation of that is it says BR Silver = *A Silver, BR Gold = *A Gold and BR Diamond = *A Diamond and that BR Silver/Gold/Diamond get benefits on B7. It does not say what benefits *A Silver and Gold have on BR or B7.

My logic is that it would not say "(Star Alliance Gold Card)" under both Gold and Diamond if it meant *A Gold get the benefits.

So, if a non-BR *A member flies on B7 ticketed and operated flights, there is no benefit according to my logic. The gray area now is OP has a B7 ticket operated by BR...
There is no *A Diamond. The highest *A tier is Gold. Both BR Diamond and Gold have *G.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is no *A Diamond. The highest *A tier is Gold. Both BR Diamond and Gold have *G.
Duh. It was a typo. Corrected.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was assuming the OP was sloppy and he has an BR code on B7 metal despite what he posted. So many swap the proper the meaning of the terms that I normally just assume what is natural.

Does BR even fly this?
It seems we are all sloppy and wrong

It seems that flight is coded and operated by B7. It does not seem BR and B7 codeshare any flights to Mainland looking at the time table. They do cross-lease aircraft to operate certain routes. It is all a shell game to get more routes when the government distributes traffic rights.

I am still trying to figure out how you concluded that *A members get benefits on B7 flights.

Last edited by username; Dec 30, 2016 at 10:42 pm
Old Dec 31, 2016, 2:51 am

It seems we are all sloppy and wrong

It seems that flight is coded and operated by B7. It does not seem BR and B7 codeshare any flights to Mainland looking at the time table. They do cross-lease aircraft to operate certain routes. It is all a shell game to get more routes when the government distributes traffic rights.

I am still trying to figure out how you concluded that *A members get benefits on B7 flights.
B7 doesn't even sell the flights on their website. Only BR sells the flights.

The only reason there is AE and B7 is because they discovered a loophole that allowed them to use their codes to get more air rights.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

B7 doesn't even sell the flights on their website. Only BR sells the flights.

The only reason there is AE and B7 is because they discovered a loophole that allowed them to use their codes to get more air rights.
Yeah, it seems B7 sells only domestic tickets on their own website and BR sells B7 international and cross-strait flights. However, those flights are still coded as B7 and I am still wondering how you concluded that *A members get benefits on B7 flights.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:40 am

Yeah, it seems B7 sells only domestic tickets on their own website and BR sells B7 international and cross-strait flights. However, those flights are still coded as B7 and I am still wondering how you concluded that *A members get benefits on B7 flights.
Maybe I'm wrong but last time i flew a B7 flight, I received all the benefits a *G would get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.