Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air recieves Skytrax 5 Star Airline Designation

Old Jun 15, 2016, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade

Just announced, skytrax website reflects the news! Eva air is now officially a skytrax 5 star airline! Congrats to BR

http://www.airlinequality.com/news/e...-star-airline/

Last edited by DreamHigh; Jun 15, 2016 at 7:06 am Reason: Source
Old Jun 15, 2016, 12:02 pm

Think about this for a moment, EVA is put on the same level as Singapore and Cathay.

Let us know after you thought it out thoroughly and carefully if they belong in the same category.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I would give EVA at best 4.5 stars. But if you look at the charts, how is KE and JL only 4*?

If JL and KE are 4* than EVA should be 3.5 stars at best.

But than I can go on and on about how I feel KE is better than OZ who is an 5*.

All in all, I don't believe in Skytrax.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA, BR, WN /Hyatt Dis/SPG Gold/ HH Gold
Is BR this bad (or good)? Or, we all have personal bias for or against some airlines based on our limited individual flight experiences?

I don't trust Skytrax but I cannot find any reliable or even scientific bench mark that can measure airlines rating properly (similar to JD Power). The problems of this kind of survey is based on PAX loyalty, expectations, and experiences.

This is like asking which one is better: MS Windows, Apple OS, or Unix based Ubuntu? It really depends on how each operating system is chosen, for what purpose is used for, and did fulfill the end users' needs.

Bottom line, BR may or may not deserve 5 stars but Skytrax definitely needs to have a more trust worthy system of collecting data that majority of us can feel somewhat reliable.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
I guess I haven't had a bad experience before yet... I always fly BR on YYZ-TPE-SIN, and have not experienced any bad crew or service in the air or on the ground. Even flying in Y with *G, priority baggage works well (comes out right after the 'F1' J bags)

I guess that's why I am excited about the 5 star designation, I feel that they have deserved it, while my experiences may not account for other peoples, I can only evaluate from my POV.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by darthmong

Bottom line, BR may or may not deserve 5 stars but Skytrax definitely needs to have a more trust worthy system of collecting data that majority of us can feel somewhat reliable.
+1. Skytrax is a joke
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:17 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Skytrax has lost all it's credit after putting Hainan on the list. I don't believe anything they have posted since. My book of Airlines that I give at least a 4 star plus whatever Skytrax listed as 5 Star:

5 Star
- All Nippon Airways

4.5 Star
- Cathay Pacific
- Japan Airlines
- Singapore Airlines

4 Star
- Air New Zealand
- Asiana Airlines
- Emirates
- EVA Air
- Korean Air
- Garuda Indonesia
- Lufthansa
- Qatar Airways
- QANTAS
- SWISS
- Thai Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic

3 Star
- Hainan Airlines

If I were to name the best Airline in the U.S. it will be either Southwest or Virgin America, but at best they are getting a 3.5 Star out of this. As for the Chinese, Hainan is the best, the rest will get 2.5 Stars or lower.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Go BR. I'm so proud. LOVE BR. Congrats!
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by moondog
+1. Skytrax is a joke
Skytrax has been a joke for years...
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:50 am

I never flown other 5* airlines besides SQ,CX,GA and MH even though they're removed from the 5* list. In my opinion Skytrax is quite trustworthy in some aspects and can't be considered total joke. From my own experiences and from trip reports of other 5* airlines, only Hainan airlines really far from that category. I never flown BR but from trip reports they are consistently good. But I'm sure SQ is the best from my own experience and from trip reports in all classes. It's just my opinion.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Anton33
I never flown other 5* airlines besides SQ,CX,GA and MH even though they're removed from the 5* list. In my opinion Skytrax is quite trustworthy in some aspects and can't be considered total joke. From my own experiences and from trip reports of other 5* airlines, only Hainan airlines really far from that category. I never flown BR but from trip reports they are consistently good. But I'm sure SQ is the best from my own experience and from trip reports in all classes. It's just my opinion.
If you want to know how trustworthy the Skytrax rating is, when you fly those 5-star airlines, fly economy (the 5-star rating applies to economy class as well).

You can instantly tell the credibility of the rating is.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
If you want to know how trustworthy the Skytrax rating is, when you fly those 5-star airlines, fly economy (the 5-star rating applies to economy class as well).

You can instantly tell the credibility of the rating is.
That's why to me Skytrax awards are quite a hit and miss. It's trustworthy to me if they rated SQ as 5* because to me and most people will definitely agree. SQ also provides one of the most consistent service quality.I think even CX economy doesn't even come close to SQ economy in terms of offering. But they rated Hainan as 5* is what makes them lost their credibility. Never flown with Hainan but when I read trip report about them, I'm just not that attracted.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anton33
That's why to me Skytrax awards are quite a hit and miss.
To a rating organization, like Skytrax, Michelin, J.D. Power, etc., its credibility is the key. When a rating is not reflecting the truth, i.e. hit and miss, there is no point to rely on their rating at all.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 12:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by garykung
To a rating organization, like Skytrax, Michelin, J.D. Power, etc., its credibility is the key. When a rating is not reflecting the truth, i.e. hit and miss, there is no point to rely on their rating at all.
They got a great deal of flack from the HU 5-star rating (e.g many people accused them of being on the take). Their rebuttal to these criticisms was an interesting read, but.its shallow nature made me even more convinced that they are complete joke of an organization.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 1:36 am

duuude, if CI is a 4 stars, BR should be 5 stars...

always a BR guy, but flew CI for the first time to save a few bucks... totally regret it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.