Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Eva Rimowa Amenity Kit & Champagne Update Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eva Rimowa Amenity Kit & Champagne Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 11:57 pm

Flew BR17 earlier this month, and received the Salvatore Ferragamo amenity kit, Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame champagne, and Jason Wu pajamas. Pre-ordered the Lobster, which was quite soft and not too large of a portion (truly a "supper service" before you pass out at 3 AM PST heh).
Old May 21, 2019, 6:16 pm

I'm on BR006 Hello Kitty in August. Are all long haul Hello Kitty flight VC Rose?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
On BR31 right now. Really happy they are still serving Krug 2004. A lot of first classes don't serve that good champagne! The J cabin is full, but surprisingly not a lot of them are drinking the Krug, so I can keep it flowing.

The service is also beyond business class level. Maybe it helps if you can speak Mandarin, but I think you can feel it even if you don't. Okay they didn't proactively ask if I need anything after I waked up, but considering it's a full J cabin... Now I feel they deserve better treatment from BR than FAs at other carriers.

There are recent posts showing the CDG route is also serving Krug 2004.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by strife
Just FYI, this thread tracks the changes pretty well. The switch from blue to the current ruby red case was mentioned in this thread back in December.
Thanks - excited for my first TPE-ORD in a couple weeks. Is that flight still getting the Rimowa? Any recent champagne reports on this route?

Also...anything to look forward to on the SIN-TPE Kitty?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Marriott Plat - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Thanks - excited for my first TPE-ORD in a couple weeks. Is that flight still getting the Rimowa? Any recent champagne reports on this route?

Also...anything to look forward to on the SIN-TPE Kitty?
Ex-TPE should still be Rimowa. I wound up on a Hello Kitty flight TPE-ORD last year and they were serving La Grand Dame Rosé.

I also wound up on a Hello Kitty flight TPE-NRT or maybe TSA-HND on the A330 a while back. It was still full-on Hello Kitty - pillows, menus, IFE, the hilarious toilet paper, in-flight meal, etc. - although with a cheaper champagne, so I assume something similar for the SIN route. I had no idea I had booked myself onto Hello Kitty and it was my first time experiencing it, so it was a real surprise to get on board and see all that!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by strife
Ex-TPE should still be Rimowa. I wound up on a Hello Kitty flight TPE-ORD last year and they were serving La Grand Dame Rosé.

I also wound up on a Hello Kitty flight TPE-NRT or maybe TSA-HND on the A330 a while back. It was still full-on Hello Kitty - pillows, menus, IFE, the hilarious toilet paper, in-flight meal, etc. - although with a cheaper champagne, so I assume something similar for the SIN route. I had no idea I had booked myself onto Hello Kitty and it was my first time experiencing it, so it was a real surprise to get on board and see all that!
Awesome, thanks for the help! I'll be sure to report back to this thread in a couple of weeks.

I've heard the Hello Kitty TP is gone because people kept stealing it and so they'd run out early in the flight!
strife likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I recently flew TPE-CNX in J. Although this is a morning flight, I felt an obligation to the BR FT Community to report on the wine list. The champagne was Delamotte Blanc de Blancs NV. There were 2 reds, 2 whites, a port and a sherry offered. The French red was Chateau Le Monteil d'Arsac 2014, Haut-Medoc, Bordeaux. Plane was a A330, almost empty in J. I had excellent, attentive service.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, Vistara Platinum
JFK and CDG seem to still have Krug served on-board. Any idea if LHR is in that bucket or sees VC Grande Dame?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by bowzer91
JFK and CDG seem to still have Krug served on-board. Any idea if LHR is in that bucket or sees VC Grande Dame?
do you like Krug for the name or the style? personally, I usually do not like the blend of Krug which typically has to much older vintages that comprise the same and if I wanted older, I would actually just select and older one. they are pretty much at the same level really although you can regularly get Krug for pretty cheap by the case depending on the state. i would certainly not put it on the top top shelf of bubbles. but each to their own.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, Vistara Platinum
Originally Posted by Topcare
do you like Krug for the name or the style? personally, I usually do not like the blend of Krug which typically has to much older vintages that comprise the same and if I wanted older, I would actually just select and older one. they are pretty much at the same level really although you can regularly get Krug for pretty cheap by the case depending on the state. i would certainly not put it on the top top shelf of bubbles. but each to their own.
I enjoy drinking Krug, but it isn't the world's end if I don't get some. I am only curious to know if it will be available on BR67/BR68 rotations through LHR.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by Topcare
They serve vintage Krug.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by BlackHappy
They serve vintage Krug.
thanks for the clarification.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Rimowa amenity kit will end sometime in November and be fully replaced by Ferragamo due to Rimowa discontinuing partnership on making kits.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: Oneworld Sapphire (QR Gold), SkyTeam Elite Plus (ITA Volare)
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Rimowa amenity kit will end sometime in November and be fully replaced by Ferragamo due to Rimowa discontinuing partnership on making kits.
Source?
I'm flying ex-TPE in March, hoping to get Rimowa...
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: UA Gold/*G, Marriott/SPG Gold Elite
Originally Posted by pineapple_juice
Source?
I'm flying ex-TPE in March, hoping to get Rimowa...
Mid-November will be the last of Rimowa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.