Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Eva Rimowa Amenity Kit & Champagne Update Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eva Rimowa Amenity Kit & Champagne Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:09 am

For a given route (e.g. TPE-ORD, TPE-LAX), do flights with Hello Kitty services provide a better wine/champagne list in business class compared to the ones with non-Hello Kitty services?

Also, do all Rimowa amenity kits have the same color or are they randomly assorted?
The "California Blue" color looks pretty slick in the picture above, and I'm wondering if it's a random draw of luck to get that specific color on a flight, or if all passengers will get the California Blue edition.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by agjil
For a given route (e.g. TPE-ORD, TPE-LAX), do flights with Hello Kitty services provide a better wine/champagne list in business class compared to the ones with non-Hello Kitty services?

Also, do all Rimowa amenity kits have the same color or are they randomly assorted?
The "California Blue" color looks pretty slick in the picture above, and I'm wondering if it's a random draw of luck to get that specific color on a flight, or if all passengers will get the California Blue edition.
Everyone gets California Blue. There are no other colors.

For the wine list, the only real difference is that champagne becomes Krug Rose.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Everyone gets California Blue. There are no other colors.

For the wine list, the only real difference is that champagne becomes Krug Rose.
Thanks for the reply.
Regarding Krug Rose being served on Hello Kitty flights, does it mean that routes like TPE-LAX and TPE-ORD that normally don't even get the non-Rose version of Krug (I think VC is the norm) will have Krug Rose if it becomes a Hello Kitty service flight?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by agjil
Thanks for the reply.
Regarding Krug Rose being served on Hello Kitty flights, does it mean that routes like TPE-LAX and TPE-ORD that normally don't even get the non-Rose version of Krug (I think VC is the norm) will have Krug Rose if it becomes a Hello Kitty service flight?
Correct. If it's a Kitty flight, it will have Krug Rose regardless of if the non-HK flight serves VC.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by kpottermn
Correct. If it's a Kitty flight, it will have Krug Rose regardless of if the non-HK flight serves VC.
Thank you kpottermn, I am now seriously considering getting on a Kitty flight.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 7:31 am

Just booked my Hello Kitty flight for fall travel.
I am excited!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:23 am

Rimowa Amenity Kit

Who is keen to buy the EVA Air White or Gray Rimowa Amenity Kit ?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:17 pm

Looks like Hello Kitty flight champagne has been downgraded from Krug Rose to VC Rose, at least on ORD-TPE flights.

Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:44 pm

Looks like Hello Kitty flight champagne has been downgraded from Krug Rose to VC Rose, at least on ORD-TPE flights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo7p1zfV-jU
Downgrade of some of the wines as well, although they continue to add non-alcoholic drinks to the list.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
What does TPE-VIE serve right now? Krug, or?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: None anymore
Just curious if anyone has flown BKK-LHR recently, is it VC? Also since it's a flight out of BKK does that mean no Rimowa kit?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo7p1zfV-jU
Ugh that's disappointing.
I was looking forward to trying Krug Rose in October...
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:34 pm

Remember that Krug Grande Cuvée is in short supply now and airlines have been forced to divest away from it (this is based on a talk I had with some ANA folks). ANA and SQ have switched to 2004, maybe Eva is taking the opportunity to move away from it entirely?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Remember that Krug Grande Cuvée is in short supply now and airlines have been forced to divest away from it (this is based on a talk I had with some ANA folks). ANA and SQ have switched to 2004, maybe Eva is taking the opportunity to move away from it entirely?
JFK and IAH still have the special Krug.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
JFK and IAH still have the special Krug.
I see. Any idea if Vienna does?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.