Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Eva Rimowa Amenity Kit & Champagne Update Thread

Eva Rimowa Amenity Kit & Champagne Update Thread

Old Jan 3, 19, 7:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, *G, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PerStockholm View Post
Got new Ferragamo kit and new Rimowa kit on my recent flights. Both nice! (Both BR06 o BR88 also had Krug champagne.)
I just got off BR88 and yes it had Krug, but I was on BR06 Christmas day and it was VC.
Old Jan 3, 19, 3:57 pm

Do they double cater amenity kits and is it possible to ask to swap for the ‘other’ one? I am on a Rimowa flight (ex-TPE) but the ferragamo kit looks nicer.
Old Jan 4, 19, 7:52 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Agneisse View Post
Do they double cater amenity kits and is it possible to ask to swap for the ‘other’ one? I am on a Rimowa flight (ex-TPE) but the ferragamo kit looks nicer.
They generally will refuse or say they don't have any. There are some tight controls on the amenity kits because of their price.
Old Jan 12, 19, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by krispykrme View Post
All my rimowa kits are still in original packaging and never used. Its just not useful.

Rimowa looks a lot better but just totally useless. I think i have over 30 rimowa kits and i only used it once (first flight with dark green EVA logo kit). The rest like you said just collecting dust.
If you want to get rid of some of your Rimowa kits, I'll buy one of every color you have.
Old Jan 12, 19, 1:50 am

Programs: TG ROP *A Gold, Accor Plus Gold
Originally Posted by krispykrme View Post
All my rimowa kits are still in original packaging and never used. Its just not useful.

The new Jensen kit is bigger and much more useful. I think you will like it better than Rimowa.

Rimowa looks a lot better but just totally useless. I think i have over 30 rimowa kits and i only used it once (first flight with dark green EVA logo kit). The rest like you said just collecting dust.
I tend to agree... they look pretty but the hard shell makes it extremely inconvenient to pack stuff, and most importantly, its size won’t change even if one pack only a single toothbrush.
Old Jan 12, 19, 1:54 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG, BR, CX, Aeroplan
If we're talking practicality, then I would agree the Jensen (and the new SF) kits are much better than the Rimowas, but Asians love brands.
Old Jan 12, 19, 6:36 am

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by Dave510 View Post
If we're talking practicality, then I would agree the Jensen (and the new SF) kits are much better than the Rimowas, but Asians love brands.
That's a weird argument. To begin with, love of brands is an international thing and nothing of exclusively Asian. The myth originated due to certain percentage of Chinese becoming rich suddenly and starting buying LV and Prada in huge amounts. But no, Westerners or whomever else do love brands. The only difference is that people may care more about brand in one area and less in another.

Secondly, a hard case is actually way more practical to have, as it allows to carry fragile or delicate items like expensive IEMs etc. Soft case can be replaced with a free plastic bag from 7-11 with the same effect. Hard case can not.

Thirdly, it's much sweeter to get something that actually looks nice, is unique and memorable, rather than just getting something purely practical that will be used and thrown into a trash-bin.
Old Jan 12, 19, 10:32 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG, BR, CX, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by barracuda93 View Post
That's a weird argument. To begin with, love of brands is an international thing and nothing of exclusively Asian. The myth originated due to certain percentage of Chinese becoming rich suddenly and starting buying LV and Prada in huge amounts. But no, Westerners or whomever else do love brands. The only difference is that people may care more about brand in one area and less in another.

Secondly, a hard case is actually way more practical to have, as it allows to carry fragile or delicate items like expensive IEMs etc. Soft case can be replaced with a free plastic bag from 7-11 with the same effect. Hard case can not.

Thirdly, it's much sweeter to get something that actually looks nice, is unique and memorable, rather than just getting something purely practical that will be used and thrown into a trash-bin.
Disagree on all counts. There are Westerners who love luxury brands, and there are Asians who do not, but statistically Asians are more inclined towards luxury brands. The density of luxury stores in Asian cities like HK, Tokyo etc. over NYC, Paris is evidence of that.

I don't find a hard care taking up a chunk of space regardless of how little I fill it to be practical at all. Expensive iems come with their own cases. Your luggage itself is a hard case. I've never subjected my carry ons to so much force things inside break because I didn't use a Rimowas amenities kit.

Finally, I don't see how Rimowas are unique in any way. It's a widely known brand, and it's design is just the same thing with different colors and airline logos back when it was more popular. There is nothing stylish or creative about it.
Old Jan 12, 19, 2:47 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by Dave510 View Post
The density of luxury stores in Asian cities like HK, Tokyo etc. over NYC, Paris is evidence of that.
I don't know what you mean by "density" and I am not going to make a statistical analysis here, but just as an illustration (numbers picked from Google):

LV stores in Paris: 8
LV stores in Tokyo: 14

Population of Paris: 2.2 mil
Population of Tokyo: 9.2 mil

Size of Paris: 105 sq.km
Size of Tokyo: 620 sq.km

Cannot see how facts fit your theory.
Old Jan 12, 19, 5:02 pm

This thread has gone wayyyy OT.

Regardless of one's opinion of practicality (yes, the Rimowa sucks at this), this thread is on Eva Air Amenity Kit and Champagne Updates. Whether you like it or not, the Rimowa's are still on offer so you will just have to bear with receiving it till they change them out! Luxury stores and what not can have their own discussion in some other non-aviation forum.
Old Mar 27, 19, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN
Is Krug in any form still around on BR longhaul J? Most trip reports I've seen lately show VC La Grande Dame.
Old Mar 27, 19, 9:50 am

Krug 2004 on TPE-JFK on multiple trips in Jan/Feb/March 2019.
bowzer91 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 19, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Hyatt GP Diamond, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by east_west View Post
Krug 2004 on TPE-JFK on multiple trips in Jan/Feb/March 2019.
SFO too? Wonder how long the Krug will stick around. And the rumors that EVA only boards 2-3 bottles for long haul flights? That doesn’t sound right.
Old Mar 29, 19, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by globetraveler View Post

SFO too? Wonder how long the Krug will stick around. And the rumors that EVA only boards 2-3 bottles for long haul flights? That doesn’t sound right.
SFO is Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame.
Old Apr 2, 19, 11:25 am

Programs: UA Global Services, Hyatt GP Diamond, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hayzel7773 View Post
SFO is Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame.
Interesting, I wonder how they make these decisions based on destination. SFO vs. JFK?

Search this Thread