Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Eva Rimowa Amenity Kit & Champagne Update Thread

Eva Rimowa Amenity Kit & Champagne Update Thread

Reply

Old Jan 3, 19, 8:21 am
  #256  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Seoul, South Korea
Programs: UA 1K, *G, Marriott Plat
Posts: 870
Originally Posted by PerStockholm View Post
Got new Ferragamo kit and new Rimowa kit on my recent flights. Both nice! (Both BR06 o BR88 also had Krug champagne.)
I just got off BR88 and yes it had Krug, but I was on BR06 Christmas day and it was VC.
warrenw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 19, 4:57 pm
  #257  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Posts: 113
Do they double cater amenity kits and is it possible to ask to swap for the ‘other’ one? I am on a Rimowa flight (ex-TPE) but the ferragamo kit looks nicer.
Agneisse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 19, 8:52 am
  #258  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SFO
Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Posts: 1,421
Originally Posted by Agneisse View Post
Do they double cater amenity kits and is it possible to ask to swap for the ‘other’ one? I am on a Rimowa flight (ex-TPE) but the ferragamo kit looks nicer.
They generally will refuse or say they don't have any. There are some tight controls on the amenity kits because of their price.
hayzel7773 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 2:47 am
  #259  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by krispykrme View Post
All my rimowa kits are still in original packaging and never used. Its just not useful.

Rimowa looks a lot better but just totally useless. I think i have over 30 rimowa kits and i only used it once (first flight with dark green EVA logo kit). The rest like you said just collecting dust.
If you want to get rid of some of your Rimowa kits, I'll buy one of every color you have.
Madoka is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 2:50 am
  #260  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Bangkok
Programs: TG Royal Orchid Plus
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by krispykrme View Post
All my rimowa kits are still in original packaging and never used. Its just not useful.

The new Jensen kit is bigger and much more useful. I think you will like it better than Rimowa.

Rimowa looks a lot better but just totally useless. I think i have over 30 rimowa kits and i only used it once (first flight with dark green EVA logo kit). The rest like you said just collecting dust.
I tend to agree... they look pretty but the hard shell makes it extremely inconvenient to pack stuff, and most importantly, its size won’t change even if one pack only a single toothbrush.
Disinto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 2:54 am
  #261  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: YYZ
Programs: Marriott/SPG, BR, CX, Aeroplan
Posts: 330
If we're talking practicality, then I would agree the Jensen (and the new SF) kits are much better than the Rimowas, but Asians love brands.
Dave510 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 7:36 am
  #262  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Taiwan
Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
Posts: 901
Originally Posted by Dave510 View Post
If we're talking practicality, then I would agree the Jensen (and the new SF) kits are much better than the Rimowas, but Asians love brands.
That's a weird argument. To begin with, love of brands is an international thing and nothing of exclusively Asian. The myth originated due to certain percentage of Chinese becoming rich suddenly and starting buying LV and Prada in huge amounts. But no, Westerners or whomever else do love brands. The only difference is that people may care more about brand in one area and less in another.

Secondly, a hard case is actually way more practical to have, as it allows to carry fragile or delicate items like expensive IEMs etc. Soft case can be replaced with a free plastic bag from 7-11 with the same effect. Hard case can not.

Thirdly, it's much sweeter to get something that actually looks nice, is unique and memorable, rather than just getting something purely practical that will be used and thrown into a trash-bin.
barracuda93 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 11:32 am
  #263  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: YYZ
Programs: Marriott/SPG, BR, CX, Aeroplan
Posts: 330
Originally Posted by barracuda93 View Post
That's a weird argument. To begin with, love of brands is an international thing and nothing of exclusively Asian. The myth originated due to certain percentage of Chinese becoming rich suddenly and starting buying LV and Prada in huge amounts. But no, Westerners or whomever else do love brands. The only difference is that people may care more about brand in one area and less in another.

Secondly, a hard case is actually way more practical to have, as it allows to carry fragile or delicate items like expensive IEMs etc. Soft case can be replaced with a free plastic bag from 7-11 with the same effect. Hard case can not.

Thirdly, it's much sweeter to get something that actually looks nice, is unique and memorable, rather than just getting something purely practical that will be used and thrown into a trash-bin.
Disagree on all counts. There are Westerners who love luxury brands, and there are Asians who do not, but statistically Asians are more inclined towards luxury brands. The density of luxury stores in Asian cities like HK, Tokyo etc. over NYC, Paris is evidence of that.

I don't find a hard care taking up a chunk of space regardless of how little I fill it to be practical at all. Expensive iems come with their own cases. Your luggage itself is a hard case. I've never subjected my carry ons to so much force things inside break because I didn't use a Rimowas amenities kit.

Finally, I don't see how Rimowas are unique in any way. It's a widely known brand, and it's design is just the same thing with different colors and airline logos back when it was more popular. There is nothing stylish or creative about it.
Dave510 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 3:47 pm
  #264  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Taiwan
Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
Posts: 901
Originally Posted by Dave510 View Post
The density of luxury stores in Asian cities like HK, Tokyo etc. over NYC, Paris is evidence of that.
I don't know what you mean by "density" and I am not going to make a statistical analysis here, but just as an illustration (numbers picked from Google):

LV stores in Paris: 8
LV stores in Tokyo: 14

Population of Paris: 2.2 mil
Population of Tokyo: 9.2 mil

Size of Paris: 105 sq.km
Size of Tokyo: 620 sq.km

Cannot see how facts fit your theory.
barracuda93 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 19, 6:02 pm
  #265  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SFO
Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Posts: 1,421
This thread has gone wayyyy OT.

Regardless of one's opinion of practicality (yes, the Rimowa sucks at this), this thread is on Eva Air Amenity Kit and Champagne Updates. Whether you like it or not, the Rimowa's are still on offer so you will just have to bear with receiving it till they change them out! Luxury stores and what not can have their own discussion in some other non-aviation forum.
Dave510 and 24left like this.
hayzel7773 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: