FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands-761/)
-   -   Eva Air Booking Issue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands/1745608-eva-air-booking-issue.html)

JCFans Feb 11, 2016 3:33 pm

Eva Air Booking Issue

Hello FTers,

I need to book my sister on an Eva Air ticket in Premium Economy for the following:

YYZ-TPE-CGK on Apr 8
CGK-TPE-YVR-YYZ on Apr 18

Need to connect via Vancouver on the inbound leg because she doesn't want to stay over in TPE (if flying direct TPE-YYZ). The Eva Air website doesn't support this booking because they don't fly YVR-YYZ and cannot do partner airline bookings.

I have tried the big online booking websites like Expedia/Kayak but they were unsuccessful.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

neuro0 Feb 11, 2016 3:52 pm

Had she tried local TA?

JCFans Feb 11, 2016 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by neuro0 (Post 26170377)
Had she tried local TA?

She's not travel-savvy and I'm rarely in the city I don't know anyone. If anyone has a recommendation I would be appreciative.

moyeung Feb 11, 2016 6:31 pm

go to google flights and put your itinerary in. it will return the flights you want and where to buy. in fact one fare returned was by calling EVA directly.

JCFans Feb 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Eva Air Booking Issue

You've tried this in Premium Economy? Because I already tried that and yielded nada. I've also called Eva and said they can't help.

BuBu4 Feb 11, 2016 11:35 pm

Different airline? Cathay Pacific is the same price as EVA with a 6 hour layover in HK, 4 hours on the way there.

asiadxer Feb 12, 2016 12:58 am

Originally Posted by BuBu4 (Post 26171905)
Different airline? Cathay Pacific is the same price as EVA with a 6 hour layover in HK, 4 hours on the way there.

Plus Cathay Pacific gives you Premium Economy service all the way to CGK, while EVA only has Economy service TPE-CGK-TPE.

neuro0 Feb 13, 2016 7:03 am

Most online TA will not be able to price mix class trip. Since BR does not provide PE intra-asia, online TA will not find anything.
If you insist doing it online, fly CX like someone suggested above or buy the YVR to YYZ ticket separately which likely to cost more.
Or try book a ticket for EVA in all Y from online TA, then call the online TA to change your booking to PE. If they said no, call EVA. If all fail, refund your ticket in 24 hours for no penalty.

jackson112233 Feb 13, 2016 7:12 am

Not-related, but does anyone know why EVA does not allow bookings on their website from Mainland China to North America, but allows the reverse if starting destination is in North America?

JCFans Feb 17, 2016 1:18 pm

Eva Air Booking Issue

Thanks everyone. My sister consistently flies PEY TPE-CGK-TPE. I'm guessing this was by luck if she gets the Boeing plane. If it's the Airbus then no PEY.

lolstebbo Feb 17, 2016 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by jackson112233 (Post 26178264)
Not-related, but does anyone know why EVA does not allow bookings on their website from Mainland China to North America, but allows the reverse if starting destination is in North America?

Because PRC citizens can transit through TPE only if they're departing from one of three cities (Chongqing, Kunming, and Nanchang) and they're likely assuming that if you're booking a flight from Mainland China to anywhere beyond Taiwan then you're probably a PRC passport holder.