Search

EVA Air new livery

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2015, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

EVA Air new livery

Here's a pic:

https://twitter.com/Sabian404/status/659068931584319488

What do you all think? It definitely seems "Dreamliner style" with the wavy lines. Personally, I think it's nice but could use a bit more color particularly for the long white portions. Maybe if there were an additional wavy stripe...
Old Oct 27, 2015, 3:07 pm

Not having the orange line on the tail and extending the green downwards makes the globe look proportionally too small, at least on the 77W, even though I'm sure it's not actually smaller.

I don't care much for the belly becoming wavy; that part isn't very significant of a change.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:25 pm

it looks like a toy
Old Oct 27, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
LOL WHAT IS THIS?

The old livery was already bad enough. I thought they were going to re-do it completely.

My thoughts,
~Should only say EVA and get rid of AIR
~Should be something closer to the lines of Frontier's re-do since they are both green.

Wavy is actually what mattered most but they did it wrong.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Better image:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/EVA-A...-ER/2723605/M/
Old Oct 28, 2015, 4:04 pm

I'm surprised they didn't try to buy the Evergreen Airlines name from their (not EVA's) bankruptcy/fire sale and re-brand to match the rest of their corporate family.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I like it.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
It's not terribly exciting, but I like it as well.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
LOL WHAT IS THIS?

The old livery was already bad enough. I thought they were going to re-do it completely.

My thoughts,
~Should only say EVA and get rid of AIR
~Should be something closer to the lines of Frontier's re-do since they are both green.

Wavy is actually what mattered most but they did it wrong.
Let's just be glad they got rid of the Chinese Makes them more globally relevant.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Let's just be glad they got rid of the Chinese Makes them more globally relevant.
Huh? Having a single language on the plane makes it globally relevant? Hide all the Chinese they want but they are an extremely centralized Taiwanese company - all the decisions are made in TPE and a lot of the English in their literature is obviously written by those whose first language is not English...not to mention the English ability of some of their FAs...

Questions:

1 - So, the dark green is back? Initially, the planes had dark green but they quickly switched to the light green supposedly YF Chang did not like how it looked on the 744

2 - What is a 777 doing at PDX (Twitter caption), not SEA?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by username
Huh? Having a single language on the plane makes it globally relevant? Hide all the Chinese they want but they are an extremely centralized Taiwanese company - all the decisions are made in TPE and a lot of the English in their literature is obviously written by those whose first language is not English...not to mention the English ability of some of their FAs...

Questions:

1 - So, the dark green is back? Initially, the planes had dark green but they quickly switched to the light green supposedly YF Chang did not like how it looked on the 744

Huh? We don't see Air France with French words on their livery. Or SQ, or CX, or Thai....

I'm just saying BR is now more in tune with the times wrt livery.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Huh? We don't see Air France with French words on their livery. Or SQ, or CX, or Thai....

I'm just saying BR is now more in tune with the times wrt livery.
But there are German words on the fuselage of Lufthansa...

I actually agree with you that EVA Air is perfectly fine without Chinese titles on its planes but it doesn't make it more or less globally relevant. It is just a design aesthetic decidion. The Chinese title is traditionally written "backwards" on the right side of the plane and it clashes with Latin alphabet titles.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by username
Questions:

probably because all the FA wear dark green so maybe its trying to go back to its original colors?

I heard they paint their planes it PDX. dont quote me on it though.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 1:27 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
As long as it's 3-3-3 in Y, I dun mind how it looks externally (if >32 inch pitch it'd be better)
Old Oct 31, 2015, 6:34 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Huh? We don't see Air France with French words on their livery.
Technically, "Air" and "France" are French words also

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.