Star Alliance Upgrade Award on EVA

Old Mar 4, 21, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Originally Posted by pbd456 View Post
Any update on SA upgrade, also, if the upgrade clear, does the mileage for the original booking class posted correctly? Thanks.
while the original fare basis will post to your home airlines account, from my understanding through my EVA contacts, *A upgrades are unavailable indefinitely.
Old Mar 4, 21, 8:56 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post
while the original fare basis will post to your home airlines account, from my understanding through my EVA contacts, *A upgrades are unavailable indefinitely.
Thank you. I wonder how full are the flights these days?
Old Mar 4, 21, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Originally Posted by pbd456 View Post
Thank you. I wonder how full are the flights these days?
Not full at all - but they are charging full fare for upgrades which must be bought at the airport. Only EVA members can standby for free upgrades using their miles.
Old Oct 21, 21, 4:08 pm

Update

Hi everyone Iím back with more questions :-p

Iíve been calling EVA checking for Z bucket availability in February(outbound) and March(inbound) SFO-BKK.

Although, theyíre able to tell me that there is availability for outbound flight but they canít see anything for the March retuning flight and canít tell me how many seats available.

Do you guys know how early do they release the seat and should I go ahead and at least snatch the outbound seats and keep trying for inbound?

Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 21, 5:42 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, Accor, BR, CX, AC
Originally Posted by Namna_Banana View Post
Hi everyone Iím back with more questions :-p

Iíve been calling EVA checking for Z bucket availability in February(outbound) and March(inbound) SFO-BKK.

Although, theyíre able to tell me that there is availability for outbound flight but they canít see anything for the March retuning flight and canít tell me how many seats available.

Do you guys know how early do they release the seat and should I go ahead and at least snatch the outbound seats and keep trying for inbound?

Thanks!
Given all the uncertainty due to the pandemic, previous experiences probably won't be very helpful until things return to some approximation of normal. Depending on your cancellation policy, I'd definitely snatch the seats now and see how things unfold.
Old Oct 21, 21, 6:04 pm

Hi Dave! Thank you Dave!
Old Oct 21, 21, 6:07 pm

I can cancel the ticket within 24 hours. Im not sure if I should wait until the 1st to see they they will release information for the month of March but also donít want to miss out on the outbound seats. Wish I can afford to just buy it out right so I donít have to go through this headache every time I plan a trip lol

also I kept getting this when trying to enter the upgrade page on United.

Last edited by Namna_Banana; Oct 21, 21 at 6:24 pm
Old Feb 13, 22, 1:29 pm

deleted

Last edited by sof_lance; Feb 14, 22 at 12:00 pm
Old May 8, 22, 12:41 am

Hi! I don't know if I'm reviving a dead thread but was wondering if anyone knows if SA upgrade availability are back at this time. Plan on booking a SFO-TPE-CEB flight for December and was wondering if I can do upgrade via United miles after reading through this thread. I understand a while back because of the pandemic upgrade availability have been zero. Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 28, 22, 9:43 am

Can't speak for SA upgrade availability, but I have recently been successful with both an IML upgrade (EVA miles) and an SA award ticket (ANA miles) for TPE/LAX in December and January.

On this note, are there any particularly good values to be gained from SA upgrades now? For North America flights, EVA's IML program allows upgrading from class L/T (Premium Economy Standard) for 35k. I believe L/T tickets are actually sometimes cheaper than B/Y -- or at least they used to be. Meanwhile, I assume United still requires 30k miles for the same upgrade (and requires booking B/Y or the more expensive K). Understand that Aeroplan used to only require 25k miles, but it seems they have discontinued SA upgrades indefinitely. All that considered, I'd probably just stick with upgrades through EVA's own program.

Search this Thread