FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands-761/)
-   -   Star Alliance Upgrade Award on EVA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands/1673701-star-alliance-upgrade-award-eva.html)

gengar Jan 10, 2020 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by OccasionallyFlying (Post 31935736)
Sorry if this has been answered already but I wasn't able to find an answer online.

If you do a SAUA with Eva Air, do you still earn *A mileage from that ticket?

You should still earn whatever the original ticket (as if not upgraded) would have earned.

OccasionallyFlying Jan 10, 2020 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by gengar (Post 31935757)
You should still earn whatever the original ticket (as if not upgraded) would have earned.

Thank you so much for the clarification!

Dave510 Jan 10, 2020 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by OccasionallyFlying (Post 31935736)
Sorry if this has been answered already but I wasn't able to find an answer online.

If you do a SAUA with Eva Air, do you still earn *A mileage from that ticket?

Edit: Mistake, did not see that there was another page and it was already answered.

pete.th Jan 11, 2020 8:50 am

Originally Posted by sklin88 (Post 31935715)
This is what happen to me 2 days ago... called EVA in Tapei, confirm Z class available more than 5, came back to Aeroplan to upgrade, not available...
so perhaps I should assume there might be some wrong with Aeroplan's upgrade system?

From my experience yes. Availability is not showing on Aeroplan despite Lifemiles showing it. I also ran into a lot of "general technical failure" messages on the Aeroplan booking engine as well.

sklin88 Jan 11, 2020 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by pete.th (Post 31936988)
From my experience yes. Availability is not showing on Aeroplan despite Lifemiles showing it. I also ran into a lot of "general technical failure" messages on the Aeroplan booking engine as well.

or it might be because EVA Air somehow block Aeroplan vice versa (Aeroplan blocked EVA Air) for BR35/BR36 YYZ-TPE flights

Cause I called twice to confirm Z class has more than 5 seat for 3 different days, in both cases, went back to Aeroplan website within 30 seconds to complete the upgrade, No seat is available.in Aeroplan's website. (Obviously I booked B class already)

princesakura Jan 11, 2020 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by sklin88 (Post 31939027)
or it might be because EVA Air somehow block Aeroplan vice versa (Aeroplan blocked EVA Air) for BR35/BR36 YYZ-TPE flights

Cause I called twice to confirm Z class has more than 5 seat for 3 different days, in both cases, went back to Aeroplan website within 30 seconds to complete the upgrade, No seat is available.in Aeroplan's website. (Obviously I booked B class already)

I don't think consensus has been reached, but seems like previous discussion in this thread has gravitated toward neither Z nor I class being a perfect indicator of SAUA availability. I've read I, X, and Z all being mentioned by themselves or in combination.

pete.th Jan 12, 2020 7:50 am

I think the only thing that's certain is if BR doesn't see Z available, then one can be fairly certain that *A won't have the Z either. If BR has Z, then how many of those seats are also released to partners probably depend on how full both the Y and J cabins are.

sklin88 Jan 12, 2020 11:08 am

Originally Posted by pete.th (Post 31940222)
I think the only thing that's certain is if BR doesn't see Z available, then one can be fairly certain that *A won't have the Z either. If BR has Z, then how many of those seats are also released to partners probably depend on how full both the Y and J cabins are.

I agree... but.. I highly doubt that either Y or J cabins are reached capacities for November's flight.. which is the one I tried to book without any luck.

gengar Jan 12, 2020 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by princesakura (Post 31939242)
I don't think consensus has been reached, but seems like previous discussion in this thread has gravitated toward neither Z nor I class being a perfect indicator of SAUA availability. I've read I, X, and Z all being mentioned by themselves or in combination.

Based on supplied data points from many FT'ers, consensus is actually quite clear that SAUA availability is linked with Z and not I. What's less clear (for obvious reasons) is that EVA may hold back some upgrade inventory for own-program members (to be fair, this is something that has been rumored/reported on this forum for years).

crazyflyer82 Jan 23, 2020 2:34 am

I was able to score an upgrade for my TPE-SFO this coming sunday using 38,000 Asiana Miles. Too bad no seat availability for my CEB-TPE segment. This is my first time flying business class on a long haul flight, I'm excited!!

Davvidd Jan 23, 2020 8:11 am

Originally Posted by crazyflyer82 (Post 31984465)
I was able to score an upgrade for my TPE-SFO this coming sunday using 38,000 Asiana Miles. Too bad no seat availability for my CEB-TPE segment. This is my first time flying business class on a long haul flight, I'm excited!!

You will enjoy it. Did you get a window seat?

STS-134 Jan 23, 2020 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by princesakura (Post 31939242)

I called and confirmed Z was available, then almost immediately after that, booked and tried to SAUA, and could not. So Z is not a perfect indicator. Perhaps Z availability is necessary for SAUA availability, but not sufficient.

princesakura Jan 23, 2020 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by STS-134 (Post 31986880)
I called and confirmed Z was available, then almost immediately after that, booked and tried to SAUA, and could not. So Z is not a perfect indicator. Perhaps Z availability is necessary for SAUA availability, but not sufficient.

I think I agree about Z. Personally I think it's I and X, and not either by itself. Have not had chance to investigate more for myself last year though. And I know opinions vary in this thread.

gengar Jan 23, 2020 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by princesakura (Post 31987658)
I think I agree about Z. Personally I think it's I and X, and not either by itself. Have not had chance to investigate more for myself last year though. And I know opinions vary in this thread.

According to what's been posted by other FT'ers, X isn't even a business class bucket - so I don't know why it would be discussed here.

There are also ~20 data points supplied by more than 10 different FT'ers who were successful in applying SAUA when I=0, so it's just silly at this point to suggest that I fare bucket availability is a necessary condition for SAUA.

crazyflyer82 Jan 24, 2020 6:21 am

Originally Posted by dav662 (Post 31985302)
You will enjoy it. Did you get a window seat?

yes, i got 10k.