Star Alliance Upgrade Award on EVA

Old Oct 2, 19, 2:55 pm

Just curious - does anyone know how full the business class availability is for BR11 and BR15 (LAX-TPE). It can't all be full? Just did a mock booking and saw only 1 business class ticket available for BR15 (for Oct 6th).
Old Oct 2, 19, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by crownkingdomvision View Post
Just curious - does anyone know how full the business class availability is for BR11 and BR15 (LAX-TPE). It can't all be full? Just did a mock booking and saw only 1 business class ticket available for BR15 (for Oct 6th).
No, not full, 1 C left on BR15. Plenty of room in the back. Both 10/5 and 10/7 have much better availability in Biz.

BR11: C4 J4 D0 K9 L9 T9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 S9 W9 V0 A0
BR15: C1 J0 D0 K9 L9 T9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 S9 W9 V0 A0
BR5: C1 J0 D0 K9 L9 T9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 S9 W9 V9 A0
Old Oct 2, 19, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by skimthetrees View Post
No, not full, 1 C left on BR15. Plenty of room in the back. Both 10/5 and 10/7 have much better availability in Biz.

BR11: C4 J4 D0 K9 L9 T9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 S9 W9 V0 A0
BR15: C1 J0 D0 K9 L9 T9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 S9 W9 V0 A0
BR5: C1 J0 D0 K9 L9 T9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 S9 W9 V9 A0
Thank you. Can you please confirm for me for BR11 for Oct 6- are there at least 2 business class seats (together)?
Old Oct 2, 19, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Thank you. Can you please confirm for me for BR11 for Oct 6- are there at least 2 business class seats (together)?
Sent you a PM
Old Oct 2, 19, 8:57 pm

Yes. 11D,G are open. 1D,G,K are blocked. Probably will be assigned at the airport. Across the aisle there is 8G open, 8K blocked (assign at airport).
Old Oct 2, 19, 10:13 pm

Yes. 11D,G are open. 1D,G,K are blocked. Probably will be assigned at the airport. Across the aisle there is 8G open, 8K blocked (assign at airport).
Thank you sir! I'll have to look into taking the earlier flight to get the Z upgrade.
Old Oct 4, 19, 9:43 am

Just a quick update...yesterday I switched to BR11 and tried upgrading, no luck. Just THIS morning, decided to try again and was successful upgrading 2 "B" class fare tickets to Z/Laurel Class! I'm so happy they decided to release the seats! Successfully upgraded T-2 days before flight!
Old Oct 4, 19, 12:09 pm

Just a quick update...yesterday I switched to BR11 and tried upgrading, no luck. Just THIS morning, decided to try again and was successful upgrading 2 "B" class fare tickets to Z/Laurel Class! I'm so happy they decided to release the seats! Successfully upgraded T-2 days before flight!
You have the luck of the "I wish". Congratulations!
Dave510 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 19, 1:30 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG, BR, CX, Aeroplan
This made me laugh more than it should.
Old Oct 4, 19, 2:33 pm

I don't get the reference...but thanks nonetheless! Totally made me so much more excited for the trip tomorrow, being in EVA Business! Lesson here is just keep on tryin'!
Old Oct 4, 19, 8:38 pm

I don't get the reference...but thanks nonetheless! Totally made me so much more excited for the trip tomorrow, being in EVA Business! Lesson here is just keep on tryin'!
There is a saying about the "Luck of the Irish". My reference was a play on that. And, you're welcome!
Old Oct 10, 19, 1:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Just to share my experience with SAUA using Aeroplan and provide another data points.

Called in to EVA ticketing office to book my multi-city itinerary and made sure that the first leg from ORD to TPE (BR55) is in B class. EF shows I = 0. EVA ticketing office confirmed that Z=1. Rolled the dice and booked the ticket anyways. Went on Aeroplan SAUA website and luckily, upgrade confirmed right away for 25K miles. Checked back on EVA website under my reservation and I was upgraded to RL and was able to select seat.
Old Oct 24, 19, 6:35 pm

Our family of 3 are traveling to Taiwan on 2 separate reservations because my son and I will go to Taiwan first, with my husband joining us a week later. We will then return to the states together. With 2 different reservations on EVA, can we:

1) Upgrade my son and my tickets/seats to business, using my husband's United miles? (i.e. does he need to be on the reservation?) I do have enough miles myself, but prefer to use my husband's miles first.
2) Request an upgrade for the return flight only? We have not departed for our trip and only care to upgrade for the return segment. It gives me an error whenever I try to search for upgrade availability for the return flight.

Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 19, 8:48 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Originally Posted by XFer2 View Post
Our family of 3 are traveling to Taiwan on 2 separate reservations because my son and I will go to Taiwan first, with my husband joining us a week later. We will then return to the states together. With 2 different reservations on EVA, can we:

1) Upgrade my son and my tickets/seats to business, using my husband's United miles? (i.e. does he need to be on the reservation?) I do have enough miles myself, but prefer to use my husband's miles first.
2) Request an upgrade for the return flight only? We have not departed for our trip and only care to upgrade for the return segment. It gives me an error whenever I try to search for upgrade availability for the return flight.
1) The miles can come from any account.
2) SAUA is technically only for one segment, so by default upgrading each segment is how it works.

Keep in mind only Y/B/K is eligible on BR and there must be upgrade availability (consensus is Z bucket and availability is not listed online - must call into BR to check).
Old Oct 28, 19, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Any tricks on booking a one way B fare? I'm trying to go from SFO -> TPE -> CTS and there is Z availability on SFO -> TPE, but the agent can only get it priced on a Y fare unless its a round trip fare. Would I be able to put on a short flight in order to get it priced in B?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: