FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands-761/)
-   -   Star Alliance Upgrade Award on EVA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands/1673701-star-alliance-upgrade-award-eva.html)

crownkingdomvision Oct 2, 2019 2:55 pm

Just curious - does anyone know how full the business class availability is for BR11 and BR15 (LAX-TPE). It can't all be full? Just did a mock booking and saw only 1 business class ticket available for BR15 (for Oct 6th).

skimthetrees Oct 2, 2019 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by crownkingdomvision (Post 31587450)
Just curious - does anyone know how full the business class availability is for BR11 and BR15 (LAX-TPE). It can't all be full? Just did a mock booking and saw only 1 business class ticket available for BR15 (for Oct 6th).

No, not full, 1 C left on BR15. Plenty of room in the back. Both 10/5 and 10/7 have much better availability in Biz.

BR11: C4 J4 D0 K9 L9 T9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 S9 W9 V0 A0
BR15: C1 J0 D0 K9 L9 T9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 S9 W9 V0 A0
BR5: C1 J0 D0 K9 L9 T9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 S9 W9 V9 A0

crownkingdomvision Oct 2, 2019 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by skimthetrees (Post 31587521)
No, not full, 1 C left on BR15. Plenty of room in the back. Both 10/5 and 10/7 have much better availability in Biz.

BR11: C4 J4 D0 K9 L9 T9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 S9 W9 V0 A0
BR15: C1 J0 D0 K9 L9 T9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 S9 W9 V0 A0
BR5: C1 J0 D0 K9 L9 T9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 S9 W9 V9 A0

Thank you. Can you please confirm for me for BR11 for Oct 6- are there at least 2 business class seats (together)?

bocastephen Oct 2, 2019 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by crownkingdomvision (Post 31588195)
Thank you. Can you please confirm for me for BR11 for Oct 6- are there at least 2 business class seats (together)?

Sent you a PM

skimthetrees Oct 2, 2019 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by crownkingdomvision (Post 31588195)

Yes. 11D,G are open. 1D,G,K are blocked. Probably will be assigned at the airport. Across the aisle there is 8G open, 8K blocked (assign at airport).

crownkingdomvision Oct 2, 2019 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by skimthetrees (Post 31588386)
Yes. 11D,G are open. 1D,G,K are blocked. Probably will be assigned at the airport. Across the aisle there is 8G open, 8K blocked (assign at airport).

Thank you sir! I'll have to look into taking the earlier flight to get the Z upgrade.

crownkingdomvision Oct 4, 2019 9:43 am

Just a quick update...yesterday I switched to BR11 and tried upgrading, no luck. Just THIS morning, decided to try again and was successful upgrading 2 "B" class fare tickets to Z/Laurel Class! I'm so happy they decided to release the seats! Successfully upgraded T-2 days before flight!

skimthetrees Oct 4, 2019 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by crownkingdomvision (Post 31593584)
Just a quick update...yesterday I switched to BR11 and tried upgrading, no luck. Just THIS morning, decided to try again and was successful upgrading 2 "B" class fare tickets to Z/Laurel Class! I'm so happy they decided to release the seats! Successfully upgraded T-2 days before flight!

You have the luck of the "I wish". Congratulations!

Dave510 Oct 4, 2019 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by skimthetrees (Post 31594041)

This made me laugh more than it should.

crownkingdomvision Oct 4, 2019 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by skimthetrees (Post 31594041)

I don't get the reference...but thanks nonetheless! Totally made me so much more excited for the trip tomorrow, being in EVA Business! Lesson here is just keep on tryin'!

skimthetrees Oct 4, 2019 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by crownkingdomvision (Post 31594502)
I don't get the reference...but thanks nonetheless! Totally made me so much more excited for the trip tomorrow, being in EVA Business! Lesson here is just keep on tryin'!

There is a saying about the "Luck of the Irish". My reference was a play on that. And, you're welcome!

ancientday Oct 10, 2019 1:43 pm

Just to share my experience with SAUA using Aeroplan and provide another data points.

Called in to EVA ticketing office to book my multi-city itinerary and made sure that the first leg from ORD to TPE (BR55) is in B class. EF shows I = 0. EVA ticketing office confirmed that Z=1. Rolled the dice and booked the ticket anyways. Went on Aeroplan SAUA website and luckily, upgrade confirmed right away for 25K miles. Checked back on EVA website under my reservation and I was upgraded to RL and was able to select seat.

XFer2 Oct 24, 2019 6:35 pm

Our family of 3 are traveling to Taiwan on 2 separate reservations because my son and I will go to Taiwan first, with my husband joining us a week later. We will then return to the states together. With 2 different reservations on EVA, can we:

1) Upgrade my son and my tickets/seats to business, using my husband's United miles? (i.e. does he need to be on the reservation?) I do have enough miles myself, but prefer to use my husband's miles first.
2) Request an upgrade for the return flight only? We have not departed for our trip and only care to upgrade for the return segment. It gives me an error whenever I try to search for upgrade availability for the return flight.

Thanks!

gengar Oct 24, 2019 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by XFer2 (Post 31663608)
Our family of 3 are traveling to Taiwan on 2 separate reservations because my son and I will go to Taiwan first, with my husband joining us a week later. We will then return to the states together. With 2 different reservations on EVA, can we:

1) Upgrade my son and my tickets/seats to business, using my husband's United miles? (i.e. does he need to be on the reservation?) I do have enough miles myself, but prefer to use my husband's miles first.
2) Request an upgrade for the return flight only? We have not departed for our trip and only care to upgrade for the return segment. It gives me an error whenever I try to search for upgrade availability for the return flight.

1) The miles can come from any account.
2) SAUA is technically only for one segment, so by default upgrading each segment is how it works.

Keep in mind only Y/B/K is eligible on BR and there must be upgrade availability (consensus is Z bucket and availability is not listed online - must call into BR to check).

godbreath Oct 28, 2019 4:12 pm

Any tricks on booking a one way B fare? I'm trying to go from SFO -> TPE -> CTS and there is Z availability on SFO -> TPE, but the agent can only get it priced on a Y fare unless its a round trip fare. Would I be able to put on a short flight in order to get it priced in B?