Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When does EVA release award seats?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by asiadxer
I found award seat IAH-TPE-IAH for Oct 15-30, 2015.

However availability may be tied to my EVA status.
Yes, EVA members get much more access to seats than the rest of us *G pleebs who aren't EVA members
Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA-P, and Chase-ing the sapphire dragon
Looks like a long lead time for economy, but RL is about 2 weeks prior to departure, which makes it a little tough to plan your trips.

I'd definitely rate BRs econ class above any US legacy carriers economy, or economy plus for that matter. Even the small details of serving free booze, and having facial moisturizer in the bathrooms (people in econ also get dry skin too!)

Good luck.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by PacificStandTime
Looks like a long lead time for economy, but RL is about 2 weeks prior to departure, which makes it a little tough to plan your trips.
Can I expect one more J seat to open up two weeks out to non-EVA members on intra-Asia? Showing C9/J9 less than three weeks out. There at least two award seats for flights on nearby dates but looking to travel on that particular day, one day later.

Looks like we'll have the mini cabin to ourselves if we stick with the current itinerary. Is it worth it? (gf is with another carrier and intends to "audit" BR, yet wants less disturbance from pax. I think we'll be so pooped from flying that either of us will notice FAs neglecting the mini cabin).
Old Dec 26, 2014, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by orsetto
Can I expect one more J seat to open up two weeks out to non-EVA members on intra-Asia? Showing C9/J9 less than three weeks out. There at least two award seats for flights on nearby dates but looking to travel on that particular day, one day later.

Looks like we'll have the mini cabin to ourselves if we stick with the current itinerary. Is it worth it? (gf is with another carrier and intends to "audit" BR, yet wants less disturbance from pax. I think we'll be so pooped from flying that either of us will notice FAs neglecting the mini cabin).
Intra asia is usually easily booked. I can book intra asia about a year out, I'd be surprised if you get a seat in J if you haven't had one by now...
Old Dec 26, 2014, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PacificStandTime

I'd definitely rate BRs econ class above any US legacy carriers economy, or economy plus for that matter. Even the small details of serving free booze, and having facial moisturizer in the bathrooms (people in econ also get dry skin too!)

Good luck.
I can only see one Y seat with a long Y time from YYZ to TPE
Old Dec 26, 2014, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Intra asia is usually easily booked. I can book intra asia about a year out, I'd be surprised if you get a seat in J if you haven't had one by now...
Sorry, I mean I got two already but looking to depart a day later and there's only one up for grabs as UA award. When I first started looking two weeks ago, there were at least two J on every flight except the one I want... Hoping EVA releases another in the next week. Thanks
Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:28 pm

2 weeks in advance for international RL class ? I thought I was reading some where it is suppose be 3 months or 90 days in advance...if its two weeks you'll also have end up paying 75 booking fee thru United for last minute booking so wouldn't make sense.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Furyleader
2 weeks in advance for international RL class ? I thought I was reading some where it is suppose be 3 months or 90 days in advance...if its two weeks you'll also have end up paying 75 booking fee thru United for last minute booking so wouldn't make sense.
Not sure about UA as I use AE. I have never ever seen 3 months out since the last change...2 weeks is the norm for us now..
Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:45 pm

is there a close in booking fee with AE within less than 20 days ?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 7:48 pm
Suspended

is there a close in booking fee with AE within less than 20 days ?
Not that I'm aware of. But hey I could be wrong, nothing online when I look tho. UA doesn't charge YQ though...so....(allegedly, I could be wrong, but i'm not a UA guy)
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:11 am

We have used Star Alliance to book several trips a year -- started when EVA officially joined the Club. Mrs. always flies on royal laural class, JFK/TPE/JFK route, with additional Bkk stop at times.

We have the most success with last minute bookings, which I realize doesn't help OP out. As far as we can gather, Eva doesn't seem to have a hard fast rule as far as we can tell. There is more discussion in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...ence-here.html
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by dtsm
We have the most success with last minute bookings, which I realize doesn't help OP out. As far as we can gather, Eva doesn't seem to have a hard fast rule as far as we can tell.
My experience as well. EVA will try to sell the seats as long as possible before releasing additional reward seats. For RL, the J and D inventories will give indication whether EVA will release more seats closer to departure. Last minute availability usually best at T-72hours when they released EVA Diamond guaranteed seats.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by asiadxer
My experience as well. EVA will try to sell the seats as long as possible before releasing additional reward seats. For RL, the J and D inventories will give indication whether EVA will release more seats closer to departure. Last minute availability usually best at T-72hours when they released EVA Diamond guaranteed seats.
S*IT. It's 72 hours now to find a seat on RL, not even two weeks?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:40 pm

I recall seeing $75 or $100 for closing in booking or changes but getting quoted $50 per ticket to change and I have no status. Is this due to recent redemption sales?

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
S*IT. It's 72 hours now to find a seat on RL, not even two weeks?
What's the load like?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 7:59 am

yeah seems like it , was trying to see if I could get my father back earlier from tpe to lax, and nothing 72 hrs out, but plenty RL at less than 72...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.