Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air allows garment bag as additional carry on?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

My first post here, and I was wondering if anyone has brought on a garment bag and a carry on luggage/backpack into EVA Air economy before. Perhaps, similar experiences from different airlines might help as well. As far as I know they allow one carry on of 9 x 14 x 22 inches and one additional small item such as a laptop bag or a briefcase. I am not sure if a folded garment bag carrier counts as additional small item. Thank you in advance for the help.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, EVA Infinity Mileage Lands, Alaska mileage plan
If you are flying Royal Laurel you will have no problem (now allowed 2 carry-ons). Otherwise I think that YMMV depending on check-in and gate staff. I have gotten by in Elite with a laptop case that was clearly a little larger than the allowed personal item and I have seen really large 2nd items ignored.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CharlieA
If you are flying Royal Laurel you will have no problem (now allowed 2 carry-ons). Otherwise I think that YMMV depending on check-in and gate staff. I have gotten by in Elite with a laptop case that was clearly a little larger than the allowed personal item and I have seen really large 2nd items ignored.
Hey thanks for the reply. I gave the EVA air staff at the airport a call, and as you said, they pretty much said it depends. They could allow it if the weight and size of your first carry on is acceptable (i.e. less than 7kg but around 5kg for basic economy). If the flight is not full, they would even help you store it in their closet on board. However, since my flight is at the end of the year, I'm probably not going to risk it and pack my suit in my suitcase.

EVA probably tries to turn a blind eye when they are checking in passengers on more expensive classes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.