Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA AIR Elite Class Premium Economy Review (777)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA AIR Elite Class Premium Economy Review (777)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: AAdvantage
I believe that they do have foot rests on every seat in the PE cabin!
Old May 23, 2019, 11:25 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Going to do premium on BU in a few days, look for my review soon, was torn between doing AA, AC, CX and of course BU for upcoming trip, sorry being a 1K and threw out UA, that product is totally worthless.

Opps BU=BR

Last edited by chipmaster; May 23, 2019 at 11:36 pm
Old May 23, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by chipmaster
Going to do premium on BU in a few days, look for my review soon, was torn between doing AA, AC, CX and of course BU for upcoming trip, sorry being a 1K and threw out UA, that product is totally worthless.
BU? What airline is that?
Old May 24, 2019, 7:51 am

NM previous post was updated.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
I did the BKK to YYZ on BR PE this month too. I have been traveling on BR PE for sometime now. It was good. The foot rests on the 777 are way better and I never thought they were meant to cover the whole of the feet and the calfs. Since it is not business class I am presuming that it just to put your feet on. Or part of your feet on. Like the old business class.
I also have travelled on CX PE and prefer the BR one to the CX. But the CX was on short haul so people with more experience on the long haul on CX can give a better idea. I would actually like to know as well as I have the choice of traveling CX, or BR.
Yes, the Bloody Mary is bloody useless. If I am traveling alone I try to get the aisle on the middle 4. In that way I do not have to disturb anyone to get out and unless there is a family of 3 and also the flight is full the chances of the next seat being empty is very good.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:57 pm

My brief impression of EVA PE with a little background.
My old gig I did 50 TPAC always on the cheapest fare and then schedule convenience. So UA become the sad main metal with a couple trips on AC, HU, and MU. So I know the economy well on HU/AC and PE on the UA.

In my new gig I get paid PE, so the question was do I sample AC, or BU, no way was I going to use that UA product, LOL. I did for a split second consider doing the paid UA and look to burn a GPU, but what if I don't get it, so I passed on that. Even considered the CX but schedule trumps all and went with BU as their schedule to TPE can't be beat from SFO.

The pictures that undersky showed didn't seem to change much.
WIFI: Slow and unstable like UA
Seat Pitch/width: Wow what a step up from UA, probably not as good as the AC product
Seat Comfort: Dissapointing, I felt support was marginal given the size and depth, maybe old product and thus the poor comfort. For the wasted space expected far better!
Foot rest: Underwhelming but all the rows seemed to have them except bulkhead which had fold out from under the seat. On the flight west had lot's of free space so took a bulk head and used my blow up pillow, far better than the foldout
Food: Similar offering as in the original review, far better than the dog food UA product.
FA/Service: The FA attitude and service was pretty good, far cry from the sorry service I got more than not always from UA, but surprising far worse than the economy AC gain I experienced. Of not the FA weren't so tall and struggled in their closing and latch checking of all the overhead storage. Funny as the UA attendants probably both too old and feeble to even attempt, nor observed on AC either.
Entertainment: Sadly lacking in this modern day and age,

A plus: On the way home got stuck in the middle seats full sold out 777, enough pitch/arm rest to jump my sleeping aisle neighbor whenever I needed to get out, an impossibility on Economy.

A side note, was underwhelmed with the lounge at TPE, far better than the UA in SFO.

Given a choice, if schedule allows will give the AC/CX/AA product a look, BU was nice, but not nice enough to keep my allegiance.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:21 pm

Chipmaster, Are you saying that AC and CX had better PE product than BR? How are the seats on AC and CX on the long haul? Do they have the same or better leg space and also more wider arm rest? I have never done the PE on AC. Only do the EC and J. Would you recommend AC PE over BR?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, SQ KF Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Accor ALL Plat., Shangri-La Jade, GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by undersky
1. Seat Comfort

In my opinion, the seat is incredibly uncomfortable due to a. the lack of a foot rest on the majority (15/18) of their 777 planes, and b. the short leg-rest. The leg rest is so short that it stops in the middle of my calf. Therefore, half of my calves and my feet are basically dangling.
I wholeheartedly agree.
Tried PE for the first time on a TPE-CDG and it was a truly uncomfortable experience. I used to fly J on that route (on BKK-TPE-CDG actually) but they recently dramatically increased their prices and restricted the fare conditions, which prompted me to book PE instead. I don't think I'll book that again. It's just not comfortable at all.

Anybody knows the seat maker? Is this a Weber 6810?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by dav662
Chipmaster, Are you saying that AC and CX had better PE product than BR? How are the seats on AC and CX on the long haul? Do they have the same or better leg space and also more wider arm rest? I have never done the PE on AC. Only do the EC and J. Would you recommend AC PE over BR?
No, going to try them next
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:09 pm

Funny that you still refer BR as BU even after being corrected...
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:36 pm

Hi folks: I have never been in the PE cabin before, but I am going to attend a conference and some meetings in Asia. The Biz fares for SFO-HKG for my dates are sky high (no availability anyway on decent airlines), and therefore I will fly PE (BR, CX, or SQ).

I see that the OP flew his/her flights in 2014/2019. Has BR upgraded their seats so that the leg rests (not just foot rests) aren't just provided for the first row? Also, have their extended the length of leg rest at all? I checked their website, but it doesn't show a good photo of the actual seats.

Ditto for CX for their long-haul aircrafts? I Googled reviews on CX PE but many articles refer to their "old" seats. However, what I am afraid of is that CX may swap aircrafts with the dated seats for my flight without notice. I really don't like their regional J product.

What about SQ (SQ 1 and SQ 2: 777, not A380 or A350)--seems like the seats provide a calf rest and foot rest? I don't care too much about the "book the cook" bonus; I mainly am concerned about seat comfort.

Thanks very much. I am sure a similar question has been asked many times before, but the answers are somewhat dated and likely do not reflect the current status of these products.

Last edited by Barkinpark; Jun 15, 2019 at 11:32 pm
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:08 pm

I have flown BR and CX recently on PE. I have to admit my CX flight was short haul while BR was long haul on the 777. I really do not understand the complains about the foot rest. It is not business class and there is a small foot rest which you can raise and lower the height. You can drop it as low as the floor and it is actually raised against the front seat when taking off or landing.
There is no calf rest in PE.
I think the fares on BR is better than CX and I have not flown the CX on a long haul in PE. I do not like the front row as invariably there are infants there as the bassinets are there. I usually get an aisle in the middle four if traveling in PE as it is rare than someone will sit next to you unless it is a family of three or the flight is full.
I think that the service on SQ and CX may be better than BR.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:58 pm

Thanks, Dave. It's funny that on CX's website, the space for a photo of PE is left blank. Not sure if they are hiding something or their PE product is inconsistent.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:32 am

I think on the long haul CX my have better service as the crew could be US or Canada based. I know the YYZ is Toronto based. I have to say that on the long haul in business class BR is better in my opinion than CX. I have not traveled on SQ for a very long time.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 5:18 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
I have BKK-LHR rtn flights booked in Premium Economy. Both flights are shown to have B77W with the 8 rows of PE seats and I selected seats 22A and 25A because it looked liked these avoid the rows with the missing windows (based on pictures in Google Images). Please could someone confirm if 22A and 25A have windows.

Are there dedicated PE check-in and boarding zones for PE in BKK and LHR? I have not used BR before.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.