EVA Air 777-300ER Wifi?

Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:40 am
Original Poster

EVA Air 777-300ER Wifi?

Is this service now available as was once advertised? How's it working and how does the pricing structure work? Thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Not yet.

Supposedly sometime this year they will start taking delivery of the WIFI equipped birds.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Very selective plane, wasn't on TPE-SFO recently so should be later this year
Old Jul 4, 2014, 9:28 am

Any recent updates? Eva website states it is available on TPE-JFK and TPE-LAX routes on selective flights. Have anybody actually used it yet?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Any recent updates? Eva website states it is available on TPE-JFK and TPE-LAX routes on selective flights. Have anybody actually used it yet?
I was on BR 11 LAX-TPE last week. On RL class, the purser gave out Free 15 minutes Wifi Cards to try the service. In-flight Wi-Fi connection rates 11.95 USD for 1 hour; 16.95 USD for 3 hours; 21.95 USD for 24 hours.

The download/upload speeds were consistent throughout the flight. No problem watching You-Tube videos, uploading pictures were pretty fast considering the upload speed.

Old Jul 4, 2014, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by asiadxer
I was on BR 11 LAX-TPE last week. On RL class, the purser gave out Free 15 minutes Wifi Cards to try the service. In-flight Wi-Fi connection rates 11.95 USD for 1 hour; 16.95 USD for 3 hours; 21.95 USD for 24 hours.

The download/upload speeds were consistent throughout the flight. No problem watching You-Tube videos, uploading pictures were pretty fast considering the upload speed.

Great to know. Thanks.

Is there a way to check if my upcoming flight to JFK will have Wi-Fi?
Old Jul 5, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT

Is there a way to check if my upcoming flight to JFK will have Wi-Fi?
EVA Timetable is showing 77A (Wi-Fi) daily flights.

You can go to Manage Your Trip on EVA Air Website.
Click 'Seat Change' for your TPE-JFK segment.
If seat 7K is on the seat map, then the plane would have Wi-Fi.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by asiadxer
EVA Timetable is showing 77A (Wi-Fi) daily flights.

You can go to Manage Your Trip on EVA Air Website.
Click 'Seat Change' for your TPE-JFK segment.
If seat 7K is on the seat map, then the plane would have Wi-Fi.
Thanks. This would be great to have Wi-Fi on this segment.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
I flew RL class in June and decided to purchase the 24hour pass so I didn't use this voucher:

15min free WiFi voucher (expires September 30th, 2014) one-time use

Username: [email protected]
Password: cpz-ns2

Q: I have a Free EVA Air SKY Wi-Fi voucher card; how do I use it?
A: From the login website of EVA Air SKY Wi-Fi:
Click on Enter to read the User Terms and Conditions;
Select "I Agree" after reading the terms and conditions;
Type in the security code and you will be directed to the payment page;
Enter your username and password (printed on the Free EVA Air SKY Wi-Fi Trial Card) in the boxes on the pages right-hand side;
Once you have logged in successfully, the Wi-Fi connection time will start.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:46 pm

I think that I will be flying EVA next time I go to Asia. Is there Wi-Fi in Economy too, or is it only for First Class flyers?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheGrandAdmiral
I think that I will be flying EVA next time I go to Asia. Is there Wi-Fi in Economy too, or is it only for First Class flyers?
The WiFi is available for anyone in the plane to connect to. However, if they are giving out 15 min free coupons I don't think that is for Economy.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Just a heads-up to those pre-paying for WiFi--the voucher codes have not been working recently. I bought a 24 hour pass for BR32 yesterday and it would not validate on the flight. The CPs said that they have been discussing this on their "CP network" (not sure what this is, but I'd like to imagine they have some sort of IRC!) and it has been a known issue for the past week or so. Ended up purchasing again in-flight and filling out a form to get the pre-paid one refunded.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by BlackHappy
Just a heads-up to those pre-paying for WiFi--the voucher codes have not been working recently. I bought a 24 hour pass for BR32 yesterday and it would not validate on the flight. The CPs said that they have been discussing this on their "CP network" (not sure what this is, but I'd like to imagine they have some sort of IRC!) and it has been a known issue for the past week or so. Ended up purchasing again in-flight and filling out a form to get the pre-paid one refunded.
The WIFI system itself has been spotty lately. The last CP on my flight said they are experiencing more and more issues with connectivity and the system is locking out certain IOS and Android phones for no reason.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:22 pm

A friend of mine on her flight back to HK purchased wifi online but was told Wifi system was down for that flight...

Ive used it a few times, it works great when its close to the US, but when it was by Russia, it was pretty spotty. Im not sure if location makes a difference but it does for me. LAX--TPE route.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by BuBu4
A friend of mine on her flight back to HK purchased wifi online but was told Wifi system was down for that flight...

Ive used it a few times, it works great when its close to the US, but when it was by Russia, it was pretty spotty. Im not sure if location makes a difference but it does for me. LAX--TPE route.
It doesnt work well near polar areas. The satellite signal becomes very weak.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.