Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on an EVA 777-300ER

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on an EVA 777-300ER

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 21, 19, 2:38 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hayzel7773
Wiki Link
Answers to Most Frequently Asked Questions
  • Yes, Royal Laurel (RL) cabin is available on ALL 777s
  • Wifi is available on all 777s when it works.
  • 77N/Seatguru V1 (38J/64W/211Y) - No longer in service
  • 77A/Seatguru V2 (39J/56W/238Y) - 9-abreast Y cabin with WiFi
  • 77M/Seatguru V3 (38J/64W/221Y) - 9-abreast with WiFi and 10 extra seats added in the rear Y cabin
  • 77B/Seatguru V4 (39J/56W/258Y) - 10-abreast Y with new color scheme
  • Kitty Jets are: Shining Star Jet (77A) and Hand-in-Hand (77M) - Destinations are LAX, ORD, and SIN(225/226) on select days. Began Hello Kitty service to ORD on 31MAY17(Wed, Fri, Sun). LAX service(BR5/6) began on 27MAR18(Tue, Thurs, Sat). Effective Oct 27, 2019, TPE-LAX service will be shifted to TPE-SFO.
  • Seasonal changes are to be expected in the summer months; 77B aircraft will be shifted onto European routes and 77A/M aircraft will substitute in on North American services.

777 Fleet Facts/Plan - 34 777-300ERs Total as of November 2018 - RL is available on All 777s - configuration reported based on FTer trip report noted in this topic
  • 0x 77Ws (Original Configuration with PL recliner J seats)
  • 0x 77Ns / Seatguru V1 38-64-211 (First Configuration with RL lie flat J seats)
  • 13x 77Ms / Seatguru V3 38-64-221 (Retrofitted from 77N with 10 more seats added in the rear Y cabin) converted from 77Ns starting summer of 2015/ended in 2H2016 - B-16703 (Hello Kitty Sanrio Family), B-16705, B-16706, B-16707, B-16708, B-16709, B-16710, B-16711, B-16712, B-16713, B-16715 (Star Alliance), B-16716, B-16717(Leased to Air NZ)
    • Currently flies on TPE-LAX (Two night time flights, varies on the daytime flight), TPE-AMS (via BKK), TPE-CDG, TPE-LHR (via BKK), TPE-VIE, TPE-VIE (via BKK), Variable SFO(BR7/8 only)
  • 11x 77As / Seatguru V2 39-56-238 in Service - B-16718, B-16719, B-16720, B-16721, B-16722 (Hello Kitty Shining Star), B-16723, B-16725, B-16726, B-16727, B-16728, B-16729
    • Currently flies on TPE-JFK/IAH/ORD/YYZ/Variable LAX and SFO service
  • 10x 77B / Seatguru V4 39-56-258 with 10-abreast economy cabin - B-16730, B-16731, B-16732, B-16733, B-16735, B-16736, B-16737, B-16738, B-16739, B-16740
    • Currently flies on TPE-SFO [2x daily(BR17/18/27/28) w/ variable daytime service(BR7/8)], TPE-SEA, TPE-YVR
  • Total of 36 777-300ERs + 5 777 Fs in the fleet when all aircraft are delivered

+ for 77A/M/B (New/Refurbished/10-abreast)
  • Wifi/SMS - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-...i-service.html
  • Improved AVOD - larger screen, multi-point, tablet style interaction(Tablet only available on 77A and 77B in RL), new Android-based IFE system on all aircraft
  • USB/Power at every seat
  • AVOD box removed from bottom of seat - more leg room

Links to other Discussions
Link to first post in this thread with seat maps
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 4, 15, 9:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I'm in J on a 777 without wifi

What seat is more private when flying alone? Window seat in the forward J cabin or mini J cabin (not staggered). Even better, what's the most private seat in the house? (other than the bathroom!)
Old Aug 4, 15, 9:59 pm
msm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin View Post
I'm in J on a 777 without wifi

What seat is more private when flying alone? Window seat in the forward J cabin or mini J cabin (not staggered). Even better, what's the most private seat in the house? (other than the bathroom!)
Grab a window seat in the mini cabin in the front row. Galley noise is not a problem. I think it might be 7k if my memory serves. immediately in front of you, where someone would normally be sitting given the contours of the seat, you will have a shelf about 4.5 feet high. it's perfect for resting your carry-on on while retrieving something midflight. It's also perfect for putting plates/glasses on in case you want to exit your seat during meal service - or just to get them out of your way. 1a/1k/7k are the best seats on the plane.
Old Aug 4, 15, 10:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by msm View Post
Grab a window seat in the mini cabin in the front row. Galley noise is not a problem. I think it might be 7k if my memory serves. immediately in front of you, where someone would normally be sitting given the contours of the seat, you will have a shelf about 4.5 feet high. it's perfect for resting your carry-on on while retrieving something midflight. It's also perfect for putting plates/glasses on in case you want to exit your seat during meal service - or just to get them out of your way. 1a/1k/7k are the best seats on the plane.
Thanks - was asking for the most private though? I have need to work about 13 of the 15 hours and have very sensitive work documents that I can't have prying eyes looking at.

Is staggered J window or non staggered J window more private? Anyone?
Old Aug 4, 15, 10:57 pm

Thanks - was asking for the most private though? I have need to work about 13 of the 15 hours and have very sensitive work documents that I can't have prying eyes looking at.

Is staggered J window or non staggered J window more private? Anyone?
Given the reverse herringbone layout, your laptop will generally be visible by anyone walking past. With privacy as your primary concern, I would recommend a window seat in the last row of the mini cabin. Row 11. Quite frankly, I don't think there's any material difference in privacy between the window or aisle seats, although the window seat feels more private. By taking the last row you won't have any other J passengers walking past your seat. In theory you won't have any Y+ or Y passengers walking past your seat either. Pretty much should be limited to FA foot traffic only.
Old Aug 4, 15, 11:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by grant2112 View Post
Given the reverse herringbone layout, your laptop will generally be visible by anyone walking past. With privacy as your primary concern, I would recommend a window seat in the last row of the mini cabin. Row 11. Quite frankly, I don't think there's any material difference in privacy between the window or aisle seats, although the window seat feels more private. By taking the last row you won't have any other J passengers walking past your seat. In theory you won't have any Y+ or Y passengers walking past your seat either. Pretty much should be limited to FA foot traffic only.
Thanks. For 7D/G - is the curtain always closed behind it?
Old Aug 5, 15, 1:24 am

Yes. My experience has been that the cabin crew keeps all curtains closed at all times (other than during meal service).
Old Aug 5, 15, 12:46 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
The bad thing about 7D/G is that occasionally people standing around waiting to use the lavatories.
Old Aug 5, 15, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by asiadxer View Post
The bad thing about 7D/G is that occasionally people standing around waiting to use the lavatories.
Thanks. Screw it, I'm not going to take those seats.

I'm just not sure if privacy in a window seat is better in the front J cabin where it's staggered, or in the mini J cabin where the person next to you is directly next to you, as opposed to a staggered layout...

Anyone?

My goal now is to simply book a window seat next to an empty seat....
Old Aug 5, 15, 7:17 pm

Thanks. Screw it, I'm not going to take those seats.

I'm just not sure if privacy in a window seat is better in the front J cabin where it's staggered, or in the mini J cabin where the person next to you is directly next to you, as opposed to a staggered layout...

Anyone?

My goal now is to simply book a window seat next to an empty seat....
I've never paid enough attention to know if there is any more privacy in the front or rear sections due to the slight offset in the front section vs. no offset in the rear section. That said, I don't think there is a material difference. If somebody is trying to be nosy, I'm sure you'll be able to tell.

If privacy is such a concern, the best solution is to get one of those privacy films to put on your screen so that only you can view it.

Last edited by grant2112; Aug 5, 15 at 7:41 pm Reason: Was thinking of 77A, not 77D... sorry! Edited to remove reference to 7G not being by lav
Old Aug 5, 15, 7:59 pm
Suspended

I've never paid enough attention to know if there is any more privacy in the front or rear sections due to the slight offset in the front section vs. no offset in the rear section. That said, I don't think there is a material difference. If somebody is trying to be nosy, I'm sure you'll be able to tell.

If privacy is such a concern, the best solution is to get one of those privacy films to put on your screen so that only you can view it.
I already have one It's the freaking paper documents that I'll be reading that I'm most concerned about to be frank..
Old Aug 5, 15, 8:40 pm

I already have one It's the freaking paper documents that I'll be reading that I'm most concerned about to be frank..
Ahhh, understood. Then I would definitely avoid the middle section (D/G) as the privacy divider between the two pods leaves a lot to be desired.

The front section always fills up a lot quicker than the rear section. I've been on plenty of flights where the rear section is nearly empty while the front is almost full. That could be your solution. Just pick a window seat in the rear section and there's a chance there might only be a couple other people in the cabin.
Old Aug 5, 15, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerryhung View Post
@username (OP)

can you add this link to the OP? It shows the 77A routes (with Wi-Fi)
http://sky-wifi.evaair.com/#flight

Looks like only these routes for now
TPE-LAX BR 11/12
TPE-JFK BR 31/32 (starting July 3 all flights will be 77A)

I'd choose YYZ-JFK-TPE instead of YYZ-TPE just because of wi-fi in Y on Aeroplan though @@
Sorry I have been busy and I think the page is out of date. For example. TPE-IAH has Wifi and it is not listed. There are a lot more 77As and maybe 1 77M in service now.
Old Aug 5, 15, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Ahhh, understood. Then I would definitely avoid the middle section (D/G) as the privacy divider between the two pods leaves a lot to be desired.

The front section always fills up a lot quicker than the rear section. I've been on plenty of flights where the rear section is nearly empty while the front is almost full. That could be your solution. Just pick a window seat in the rear section and there's a chance there might only be a couple other people in the cabin.
Thanks! There's no privacy divider between the two pods in the middle??? My wife never tried so I guess that's why I don't know...
Old Aug 5, 15, 10:01 pm

Thanks! There's no privacy divider between the two pods in the middle??? My wife never tried so I guess that's why I don't know...
I snapped this photo on a 77N flight from MFM-TPE a few weeks ago. If you have the table extended and have your papers on the table it would not be very difficult for the person in the adjacent middle seat to see what you're doing.

Old Aug 5, 15, 10:04 pm
Suspended

I snapped this photo on a 77N flight from TPE-LAX a few weeks ago. The "privacy screens" on the 77N are identical. If you have the table extended and have your papers on the table it would not be very difficult for the person in the adjacent middle seat to see what you're doing.

Thank you very much. To you, I dedicate my 9999 post

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Aug 5, 15 at 10:52 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: