Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Can I use the Star Alliance Lounge at LAX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2013, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Flying out on BR15 early tomorrow morning. Can I use the Star Alliance Lounge instead of the EVA Lounge? I'm IML Gold.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Perhaps a better question is, with their new * membership has BR changed over from the "International Lounge" to the * Alliance Lounge as their regular lounge now at LAX TBIT? It would seem like they should/would have, but I haven't heard any first hand reports yet. As * Gold on a * flight, they should admit you either way.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
Perhaps a better question is, with their new * membership has BR changed over from the "International Lounge" to the * Alliance Lounge as their regular lounge now at LAX TBIT? It would seem like they should/would have, but I haven't heard any first hand reports yet. As * Gold on a * flight, they should admit you either way.
I was wondering the same thing after I sent the original post. I would also have thought they probably have moved to * Alliance Lounge, but on their website it still shows the International Lounge. I'm going to ask for a pass to the * Alliance Lounge.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Here's what I was told upon check-in. You can either go to the Star Alliance lounge or the EVA lounge, but you cannot go to both. The Star Alliance lounge closes at 12:30, so I chose the EVA lounge as my flight doesn't depart until 1:55.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 4:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I wonder though how they could stop you from going to both? You don't need paper invitations with your *G card. People lounge hop all the time, I'm sure it's frowned upon as your FFP pays for each entry I believe but I don't see any way they can prevent it.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
EVA just announced they are moving their LAX lounge over to *A on 9/25/2013,

I could be wrong, but I think this sucks. The old lounge was not super classy, but was fairly roomy and quiet. Had self serve food/drinks. Hopefully the *A TBID lounge is also uncrowded around 10PM to midnight
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by exwannabe
EVA just announced they are moving their LAX lounge over to *A on 9/25/2013,

I could be wrong, but I think this sucks. The old lounge was not super classy, but was fairly roomy and quiet. Had self serve food/drinks. Hopefully the *A TBID lounge is also uncrowded around 10PM to midnight
That is probably a stealth announcement of the official opening date of the NEW Star Alliance lounge ^^^^ which is alleged to be the first of the NEW lounges opening shortly after the opening on the new TBIT expansion on 9/18. The new Lounge is supposed to be pretty impressive by LAX standards so this should be very good news.^

News article about the new * Alliance lounge opening this month.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 10:21 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
That is probably a stealth announcement of the official opening date of the NEW Star Alliance lounge ^^^^ which is alleged to be the first of the NEW lounges opening shortly after the opening on the new TBIT expansion on 9/18. The new Lounge is supposed to be pretty impressive by LAX standards so this should be very good news.^

News article about the new * Alliance lounge opening this month.
That is great news. Not just the lounge, but the new TBIT actually opening.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 7:33 pm

I was in LAX on BR two weeks ago.

The EVA (International Lounge) is what you get the invite to. I was not terrible impressed as it had a 1986 feel to it. The Star Lounge was no problem to get into with the Star Gold card.

The Star Lounge was very quiet after 10pm on a Saturday night. Lots of seats and lots of food/drinks around.

Hopefully the new lounge opens soon.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: Airplanes!
Originally Posted by gottigotti
I was in LAX on BR two weeks ago.

The EVA (International Lounge) is what you get the invite to. I was not terrible impressed as it had a 1986 feel to it. The Star Lounge was no problem to get into with the Star Gold card.

The Star Lounge was very quiet after 10pm on a Saturday night. Lots of seats and lots of food/drinks around.

Hopefully the new lounge opens soon.
Got an e-mail invite today. It is set to open Sept 23 at 3pm.It's supposed to be the largest Star Lounge in the US.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ShikaSenbei
Got an e-mail invite today. It is set to open Sept 23 at 3pm.It's supposed to be the largest Star Lounge in the US.
It will have an outdoor observation deck ^

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-a...-lax-intl.html

Allow me to quote myself...

There will be 4 new lounges at the new TBIT facility, with space for a 5th lounge.

OW will have a super lounge that is 50% physically located at the place where the current lounges are located, and 50% in the new TBIT - so it will be roughly the size of the current OW, Star, SkyTeam, and non-aligned lounges combined. Yes, it will be that big.

Star will have the 2nd largest lounge and it will be entirely in the new TBIT building. The best feature is an outdoor observation deck (!!!)

SkyTeam will have a small lounge - but small is relative term. It is located entirely in the new building and over twice the size of existing SkyTeam lounge but is puny compared to new OW lounge.

EK will have its own lounge at the new TBIT that is roughly the same size as SkyTeam.

LAX will hold an empty space in reserve for a 5th lounge.

Here is the link to the map of the new lounges: http://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/LA...r%20Insert.pdf
Old Sep 16, 2013, 6:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bzcat

Is *A copying the new DL SkyDecks at JFK and ATL lounges?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 3:16 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by bzcat

The Skyteam lounge is really a joke compare to the other two... I can see Star needing a larger lounge cause of the size of international carriers it has, but the oneworld lounge is just huge.

Maybe we should consider how many airlines will use the lounges to see if it's really too big or too small since AA, DL, UA, US are not using these lounges.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is *A copying the new DL SkyDecks at JFK and ATL lounges?
I think so but this one you can actually use... it hardly ever rains at LAX and it's never humid. Also no bugs like in ATL

It will be a nice place to sit and watch the planes year round.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
The Skyteam lounge is really a joke compare to the other two... I can see Star needing a larger lounge cause of the size of international carriers it has, but the oneworld lounge is just huge.

Maybe we should consider how many airlines will use the lounges to see if it's really too big or too small since AA, DL, UA, US are not using these lounges.
AA will use the OW lounges once T4-TBIT connector is completed and AA moves some of its international ops to TBIT. As a result, OW will probably have the most total passengers since QF is also consolidating all flights at TBIT.

TBIT OW carriers (9 - all OW carriers serving LAX)
AA (access to up to 4 gates so potentially as many as 20 flights a day?)
QF (7x daily departures)
CX (3x daily)
BA (2x daily, 3x seasonal)
JL (2x daily)
MH (1x daily)
IB (1x daily)
LAN (multiple daily departures year round)
Air Berlin (1x daily, 2x seasonal)

TBIT Star carriers (9 - excludes UA, AC, CA, AV, TA, CM... and US?)
SQ (2x daily currently, becoming 1x soon)
NH (2x daily)
OZ (2x daily)
BR (2x daily, 3x seasonal)
TG (1x daily)
TK (1x daily)
LH (1x daily, 2x seasonal)
LX (4x weekly?)
NZ (moving from T2, 3x daily + 1 or 2x weekly)
*CM (only uses TBIT for arrival so probably won't use the lounge on departure side)

TBIT Skyteam carriers (6 - excludes DL, AM, AZ, KL)
KE (6x daily)
AF (1x daily)
CI (2x daily, 3x seasonal)
MU (1x daily)
CZ (1x daily)
SU (3x weekly seasonal)

Last edited by bzcat; Sep 17, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.