Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA to fly Hello Kitty 777 to USA and Europe

EVA to fly Hello Kitty 777 to USA and Europe

Old Nov 5, 2013, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did LAX-TPE on the Kitty Jet - 13 hours 35 minutes and here is where Kitty showed up:

1 - at LAX check in - dedicated check in counters for the Kitty flight - another set for the non-Kitty flight

2 - bag tags, boarding pass, lounge invitation

3 - boarding music/video

4 - FA welcome announcement / arrival announcement

5 - FA uniform

6 - Toilet Paper, Elite/Economy Soap, etc. In RL, it is the expensive non-kitty bottles

7 - Menu, Safety Card, Headrest Cover, Pillows

8 - tiny bits of Kitty in my food

9 - Duty free items

No Kitty barf bag but I think there is really not that much Kitty in-flight for any non-Kitty people to throw up and need the bag
Old Nov 9, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
OK, so my wife is a huge Kitty fan and I've resigned myself to burning some UA miles to fly LAX-TPE (or vv) on the Kitty jet. But I just realized that BR has Rimowa amenity kits in RL. So the real question is - do the Rimowa kits survive the Kitty branding (i.e. do they still provide the Rimowa kits on the LAX-TPE-LAX Kitty branded flights)? Or is it even more insane and they have Kitty branded Rimowa kits?
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasonvr
OK, so my wife is a huge Kitty fan and I've resigned myself to burning some UA miles to fly LAX-TPE (or vv) on the Kitty jet. But I just realized that BR has Rimowa amenity kits in RL. So the real question is - do the Rimowa kits survive the Kitty branding (i.e. do they still provide the Rimowa kits on the LAX-TPE-LAX Kitty branded flights)? Or is it even more insane and they have Kitty branded Rimowa kits?
The amenity kit is as is - no Kitty and not pink
Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Flew LAX-TPE on the Hello Kitty plane. Got great sleep and had a great lobster meal with champagne. Can't complain. Would have liked to see a little more Hello Kitty though... Here's my review if you're interested.
http://romsdeals.com/2014/01/15/los-...usiness-class/
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cool! Thanks. You actually get more Kitty in Y. I did LAX-TPE in C and TPE-LAX in Y. In Y, the plastic utensils, tray mat, lav liquids/soap and barf bag are Kitty.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Anyone have an inkling of the LAX-TPE and vv Kitty schedule beyond 6/30? BR's site only lists it out to 6/30

And has anyone noticed that awards on the Kitty planes seem to be basically non-existent? I don't think I came across a single day where any Kitty award seats in RL were available with UA miles
Old Jan 29, 2014, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist

And has anyone noticed that awards on the Kitty planes seem to be basically non-existent? I don't think I came across a single day where any Kitty award seats in RL were available with UA miles
For LAX-TPE it is, but BR doesn't only have kitty planes for LAX-TPE, they have 5 other 330 that are kitty theme flying intra-asia too like HKG, PVG, ICN, NRT, HND, CTS, GUM. All those intra-asia kitty routes have many seats for awards no matter C or Y.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone have an inkling of the LAX-TPE and vv Kitty schedule beyond 6/30? BR's site only lists it out to 6/30

My guess is that the schedule will stay the same after 6/30.

I can see they hold onto Kitty Jet inventory longer than others. You actualy don't get as much Kitty in RL as you do in Elite or Y. In November, I had good luck with finding last minute inventory in Y on the Kitty Jet TPE-LAX.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
I have been constantly looking to redeem UA miles in Y for the Kitty planes.....and have had no luck whatsoever!!!! In fact, I've seen a few flights here and there, but those are not kitty planes. The majority of the flights that I have seen available are being routed from LAX-SFO-TPE. I was hoping to find something before the amount of miles increased I have also looked for flights TPE-LAX...but still no luck.

Anyone have any luck redeeming UA miles?

Old Jan 30, 2014, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by express3
I have been constantly looking to redeem UA miles in Y for the Kitty planes.....and have had no luck whatsoever!!!! In fact, I've seen a few flights here and there, but those are not kitty planes. The majority of the flights that I have seen available are being routed from LAX-SFO-TPE. I was hoping to find something before the amount of miles increased I have also looked for flights TPE-LAX...but still no luck.

Anyone have any luck redeeming UA miles?
I would say keep looking to see if inventory opens up last minute. In November, I was able to switch to the TPE-LAX Kitty Jet last minute in Y. The flight was not even full at the end.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: AB Gold, TK Elite
Does anyone know if the Kitty 77W fly within Asia?

Currently the Kitty 77W:

BR16 Wed TPE 23.55 19.25 LAX -> BR15 LAX 22.45 05.30 (+2) TPE Friday
BR16 Fri TPE 23.55 19.25 LAX -> BR15 LAX 22.45 05.30 (+2) TPE Sun
BR12 Sun TPE 18.25 13.55 LAX -> BR01 LAX 23.25 06.10 (+2) TPE Tue

Since BR01 arrives in TPE on Tuesday early in the morning and doesn't leave TPE as BR16 till almost midnight Wednesday. Its almost 18 h.
Do they use it for any other intra Asia routes? Has anyone got them before?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:21 pm

Programs: MR Plat
Any chance the Hello Kitty jets will make their way to YYZ by next October?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!

The timetable lists the schedule for the Flying Litter Box past 6/30.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Globex
Any chance the Hello Kitty jets will make their way to YYZ by next October?
Yes, when cats fly to Toronto

Last edited by username; May 20, 2014 at 7:26 pm
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EVA announced Kitty jet will be doing TPE-CDG 3 days (357 out of TPE and 146 out of CDG) a week starting 29 OCT.

I wonder how this affects the LAX flight but I am guessing we are getting another Kitty Jet

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.