EVA blocked seats - there are a bunch

Old Aug 13, 13, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
EVA blocked seats - there are a bunch

Since EVA switched computer systems, I can now tell (thanks to Expert Flyer) which seats are actually blocked. Previously all blocked seats just show as occupied. I knew they blocked quite a few, but not this many. For long haul, this is what I see blocked:

77N

J: 1A/D/G/K, 3A/D/G/K, 8A/D/G/K

W: 20A/C/D/E/G/H/K, 21A/C/D/E/F/G, 22A/C/H/K, 23A/C/D/E/F/G/H/K, 24A/C/H/K

Y: 45A/B/C/H/J/K, 46D/E/G, 47A-K, 48A-K, 50A-K, 57A/CD/E/G/H/K, 60A/B/C/H/J/K, 61D/E/G, 65-71 all seats

J: 6A/C/H/K, 10A/C/D/G/H/K

W: 20-22 all seats, 26D/E/F/G

Y: (main deck) 45A/B/C/H/J/K, 46D/E/F/G, 48A-K, 50 and 51 D/E/F/G, 53D/E/F/G, 55A/B/C/H/J/K, 60D/E/F/G, 67-70 all seats

(upper deck) 80H, 81A-K, 85A/C

Very interesting to note that the best Y (IMHO) seat on the plane 85K is no longer blocked.

Last edited by ak333; Aug 13, 13 at 12:40 am
Old Aug 13, 13, 4:02 am

Programs: UA 1MM; QF VA CI KL KE
Originally Posted by ak333 View Post
Since EVA switched computer systems, I can now tell (thanks to Expert Flyer) which seats are actually blocked. ...

77N

J: 1A/D/G/K, 3A/D/G/K, 8A/D/G/K
I had noticed this when trying to select seats for partner and me, wanting window seats one behind the other. Led me to choose 5A and 6A, but preferred 3A and 5A. However 3A was unavailable when seat selection opened online.

Any idea when and how one can best request a move from 6A to 3A?
Old Aug 13, 13, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by bnebased View Post
Any idea when and how one can best request a move from 6A to 3A?
If you have BR status you can call anytime to get it; I'm not sure yet if they will release them to *G passengers or not; otherwise it's switch at the airport.
Old Aug 14, 13, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; QF VA CI KL KE
Originally Posted by ak333 View Post
If you have BR status you can call anytime to get it; I'm not sure yet if they will release them to *G passengers or not; otherwise it's switch at the airport.
I tried that but *G did not help. My issue is that starting at BNE I can find the seat still available but blocked when I check in there. Later, by the time I get to TPE it is gone. I got them to put a request for it in my PNR.
Old Aug 15, 13, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bnebased View Post
I got them to put a request for it in my PNR.
That's the best way. I always want row 20 in Elite, and I call and ask for a note in my PNR. Departing from wherever to TPE I usually get it right up front, but I have to wait until I get to TPE to get it on my connecting flight.
Old Aug 15, 13, 5:28 pm

Seems they must be holding them for their FF members. I just booked LAX-SGN r/t and got 23K on all four flights.
Old Aug 15, 13, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SaigonCyclo View Post
Seems they must be holding them for their FF members. I just booked LAX-SGN r/t and got 23K on all four flights.
Yes, BR Gold and Diamond. I am unsure at this point if they also release them to *G or not.
Old Aug 16, 13, 2:34 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
BR Diamonds are always special, of course. But if they treat *golds the same as BR golds in this area, then there really is no point sticking with IML.

I'll drop back to Gold soon. This is the sort of thing that would cause me to stay with IML. (Waitlist priority being the other issue.)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: