Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air: Do I need visa to transit at TPE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K

I am planning to book EVA from Toronto to Hong Kong with a transfer at Taipei. Do I need a transit visa in Taipei?
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sskl1998
I am planning to book EVA from Toronto to Hong Kong with a transfer at Taipei. Do I need a transit visa in Taipei?
Generally no but check TIMATIC to be certain since you have not provided all the details.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:26 am

You will not need a visa to transit in TPE.

If you stay in the sterile area, you will not need to go through Immigration formalities.

If you choose to leave the sterile area, then, assuming you hold a Canada or a Hong Kong passport, you will be allowed to stay in Taipei visa-free for 90 days.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: BR Gold
Originally Posted by lolstebbo
You will not need a visa to transit in TPE.

If you stay in the sterile area, you will not need to go through Immigration formalities.

If you choose to leave the sterile area, then, assuming you hold a Canada or a Hong Kong passport, you will be allowed to stay in Taipei visa-free for 90 days.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.