Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA gets me for at least one more trip

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2013, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite

So I'm booking my next trip to BKK which is at the end of next week and call my friendly consolidator who besides being great at BR also books my CX and JL trips. I just need a one way this time since I already have a CX ticket for the flight home. She looks at all my options and says that she knows I'd rather get my AA miles, but BR really had the best fare option for Elite class this time around (less than both regular Y on both CX and JL), so I agreed.

Now I'm starting to think about keeping Gold with BR (which is relatively easy for me by flying the bare minimum 80K over two years). I'll be curious to see how I'm treated as a Gold compared to a Diamond. At least I get to use the same TPE lounge I'm used to even with a different name.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: BR Gold
Originally Posted by ak333
I'll be curious to see how I'm treated as a Gold compared to a Diamond.

me 2~~
Old Aug 10, 2013, 2:17 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Me too. Also whether there is any difference over the way BR golds are treated over *golds...
Old Aug 10, 2013, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
I'll report back after the flights.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Hmm, they did two things for me today as a Gold. The first was clearing a waitlist in L for an Elite seat from TPE-BKK (jimbo99 it was on BR 67). My agent had me booked in M for that leg and wasn't sure that it would clear since even she hadn't seen a waitlist clear in ages. It's hard to remember the last time that happened to me even as a Diamond.

Both of my flights were showing no seats open for assignment, but they did open up a window for me on both legs; the same seats that I used to get as a Diamond as well.

Hmm, they don't happen to have a spy here on FT do they?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 2:02 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA

Your past Diamond records probably has something to do with this especially if you qualify via flying 140k and not 8 years gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.