Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Booked my first Star Alliance ticket using EVA miles

Old Aug 2, 13, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite

Yesterday I used my EVA miles to book a United domestic U.S. ticket. It's not exactly the easiest process in the world, and I wonder if I would have had issues had I not known exactly what flights were available.

Step one, I checked United's web site to see availability and many flights were shown for both the outbound and return.

Step two, I went to Expert Flyer to get the exact number of X seats open on each flight and it showed 9 seats in X on all the flights I wanted.

Step three was calling EVA reservations. The agent apparently hadn't booked many domestic awards, and when I told her that I wanted a round trip from Portland OR to Fort Lauderdale, she asked if I knew both city codes (sigh). She checked and said that there were no seats available; I countered with that I'm looking at the web site right now and see a lot of availability. She then asked if I knew which flight numbers I wanted, and I gave her the info for both the outbound and return. Armed with that info she was able to get the booking completed and gave me both the BR record locator and the UA record locator (hey, that one's a plus in my book). I told her I wanted to ticket right away and was told that I needed to contact my closes EVA office to set up ticketing.

Step four was calling a ticketing office. Since SEA is closest to me, I tried them first but after being on hold for a few minutes I would get a message saying that there were too many calls on hold, and to call back later. After a couple of attempts I gave up and called the next closest to me, SFO. I got through right away and had a very nice rep help me. After pulling the PNR up in her system, she asked me, "what city is FLL?" She took my CC info for the $10 in taxes and told me that I would have my e-ticket in 10 minutes. It only took three minutes for it to arrive. ^

So for the future, know what you want ahead of time, check availability and be persistent.
Old Aug 4, 13, 3:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
Why am I not surprised that booking with EVA is like pulling hens teeth

Search this Thread
Search Engine: